PDA

View Full Version : GF Tickets

shearer
9th September 2003, 05:07 PM
I DONT want to jinx anything here but what is the go with GF tickets now that the stadium capacity has been reduced???

a/Will members still be able to buy 2 tickets per membership?

b/How many tickets will be allocated to each competing club?

Will be a shame to miss out if the AFL has given them away to all the corporates.

desredandwhite
9th September 2003, 05:12 PM
As far as I know, it's 1 ticket per membership card.

I read a stat a few years back that said that about 22,000 tickets go on sale to members of the competing clubs - I am not sure what it will be this year.

EDIT:

20,000 - AFL Members Reserve
19,090 - MCC Members Reserve, including corporate boxes and dining rooms
18,800 - Competing Clubs
16,000 - Grand Final Ticket Allocation to 16 AFL Clubs
4340 - AFL Internal Sale / Use
1,500 - Competing Clubs Internal Use
460 - Competing Clubs Cheer Squads

Obviously it's gone down a bit for this year....

Bart
9th September 2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by shearer
I DONT want to jinx anything here but what is the go with GF tickets now that the stadium capacity has been reduced???

Will be a shame to miss out if the AFL has given them away to all the corporates.

I know for a fact that its one ticket per membership and there is no hope in the word this year of every Swans member who wants to attend being there

Charlie
9th September 2003, 05:17 PM
There will be ONLY one ticket per FULL MEMBERSHIP - even then not all will be able to get in.

The GF is for rich people these days... people who can afford a sponsorship that gets them in, or one of those breakfasts...

DST
9th September 2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by shearer

Here we go:

* Will only be allowed as always 1 ticket per membership
* The competing clubs get an allocation of 20,000 this year with 8,000 each and the rest split on proportional member numbers
* The seats are a mixture of un-restricted viewing, restricted viewing and standing tickets with the bulk un-restricted seats
* The club also get an allocation for the cheer squad, staff and family of the players and also an allocation as part of the series tickets which will go to sponsors, redback club and the breakfast they put on. Not sure of the number this year but around 2,500
* Tickets will go on sale first for members with GF preference memberships (not sure when you buy a season ticket in Sydney whether you get automatic GF preference or you have to pay like Melbourne). It will be unlikely that they will then get to non GF preference members after
* It will either be on the Sunday morning or Monday morning at 9.00am depending which teams go first
* The tickets will more than likely be on sale from only two points, at the Sydney Football Club in Sydney or the box office at the "G" in Melbourne
* The AFL will advertise the grand final ticket arrangements before the preliminary finals are played, look out for it during the week in one of the NewsCorp papers

All of the above is based on previous years ticket arrangements and is subject to change but as a rule of thumb it does not change much from year to year

Hope it helps

DST

j s
9th September 2003, 05:31 PM
Some additional info....

The 18,800 gets divided pro-rata between the two clubs according to their official memberships., so if it's Swans v Pies then the Pies would get more. Of possible opponents I think Port has the smallest membership. There will probably be tickets for about a third of members however not all members will choose to go (for travel or cost or whatever reason). There's a lot that are not as fanatical as those who post here. So probably about half of those who want to go will get tickets.

The guaranteed seats for Redbacks come from the 1500 allocated for "internal use" so that's a few more for the rest of us.

As stated earlier it is only for FULL MEMBERS. Your membership card must say "Grand Final Preference"

Bas
9th September 2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by DST
Here we go:

* It will either be on the Sunday morning or Monday morning at 9.00am depending which teams go first
* The tickets will more than likely be on sale from only two points, at the Sydney Football Club in Sydney or the box office at the "G" in Melbourne

In 1996, GF tickets were available from ALL Ticketmaster outlets in Sydney plus box office at SCG.

At the time there were only about 4 Ticketmaster outlets in Sydney. There was 2 in City, Hurstville, Liverpool. There's a few more now scattered around the City. I'm hoping that they don't restrict ticket sales to certain Offices only.

I remember this distinctly because at 9:30 am I could have purchased a ticket at Liverpool Ticketmaster but WASN'T a member then.

1 ticket per membership and a person can buy up to 8 tickets providing they have 8 membership cards available.

The tickets went on sale Monday morning after Sydney played on Saturday night.

DST
9th September 2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Bas
In 1996, GF tickets were available from ALL Ticketmaster outlets in Sydney plus box office at SCG.

At the time there were only about 4 Ticketmaster outlets in Sydney. There was 2 in City, Hurstville, Liverpool. There's a few more now scattered around the City. I'm hoping that they don't restrict ticket sales to certain Offices only.

I remember this distinctly because at 9:30 am I could have purchased a ticket at Liverpool Ticketmaster but WASN'T a member then.

1 ticket per membership and a person can buy up to 8 tickets providing they have 8 membership cards available.

The tickets went on sale Monday morning after Sydney played on Saturday night.

It was after the 1996 stuff up that the AFL changed the way they sold tickets to the grand final.

As they had too many places selling the tickets they could not control it. More than 1,000 tickets to the grand final were sold to Melbourne based Sydney memebers than there were actually members. It was found later that BASS staff members at outer suburban stores printed tickets off when they went on sale, paid for them then scalped them.

From now on it is completed under the watchful eye of the AFL at one or two locations.

DST

:)

DST
9th September 2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by j s
Some additional info....

The 18,800 gets divided pro-rata between the two clubs according to their official memberships., so if it's Swans v Pies then the Pies would get more. Of possible opponents I think Port has the smallest membership. There will probably be tickets for about a third of members however not all members will choose to go (for travel or cost or whatever reason). There's a lot that are not as fanatical as those who post here. So probably about half of those who want to go will get tickets.

The guaranteed seats for Redbacks come from the 1500 allocated for "internal use" so that's a few more for the rest of us.

As stated earlier it is only for FULL MEMBERS. Your membership card must say "Grand Final Preference"

JS, they do divide pro rate on the 18,800 per clubs membership but only on the last 2,800.

Each club get 8,000 each first then the pro rata kicks in, thus ensuring at least 8,000 members from each club get a go at it.

DST

:)

liz
9th September 2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Bas

I'm pretty sure even in Sydney the GF tickets in 1996 were sold by BASS, not Ticketek, unlike those for the lead-up finals games. I queued on the Pitt Street mall outside a record shop that was, I think, the only city-located BASS outlet in Sydney.

Very glad that I don't have to worry about it this year.:)

Cher
10th September 2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by lizz
I'm pretty sure even in Sydney the GF tickets in 1996 were sold by BASS, not Ticketek, unlike those for the lead-up finals games. I queued on the Pitt Street mall outside a record shop that was, I think, the only city-located BASS outlet in Sydney.

Ticketmaster (who used to be BASS) do all games at the MCG and Ticketek do the games at Colonial and I think Optus Oval.

robbieando
10th September 2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Cher
Ticketmaster (who used to be BASS) do all games at the MCG and Ticketek do the games at Colonial and I think Optus Oval.

Ticketmaster do the MCG and Telstra Dome while Ticketek do Optus.

There will be at least 8500 tickets for full members with Redback members and Cheer Squad members all getting tickets outside this grouping of tickets. So we will have at least 10,260 members at the Grand Final when you add up our allotcation, CS and Redbacks

Mark
10th September 2003, 03:12 AM
I have a few MCC members passes from friends who would gladly see true swannies fans go, but lets hope we get there first hey !!!!

j s
10th September 2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Mark
I have a few MCC members passes from friends who would gladly see true swannies fans go, but lets hope we get there first hey !!!!
Kick it to me! Kick it to me! :)

no1swan
14th September 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
As far as I know, it's 1 ticket per membership card.

I read a stat a few years back that said that about 22,000 tickets go on sale to members of the competing clubs - I am not sure what it will be this year.

EDIT:

20,000 - AFL Members Reserve
19,090 - MCC Members Reserve, including corporate boxes and dining rooms
18,800 - Competing Clubs
16,000 - Grand Final Ticket Allocation to 16 AFL Clubs
4340 - AFL Internal Sale / Use
1,500 - Competing Clubs Internal Use
460 - Competing Clubs Cheer Squads

Obviously it's gone down a bit for this year....

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=events

Swans Grand Final Ticketing

As per Victorian Government legislation, the Sydney Swans have distributed the allocation of Grand Final Tickets as following.

Sponsors
264 Series tickets
97 Grand Final tickets

Members
123 Series tickets
119 Grand Final tickets

Swans Travel
113 Series tickets
137 Grand Final tickets

Coteries
40 Grand Final tickets
Directors
22 Grand Final tickets
Staff
73 Grand Final tickets

Competitions:

Member get Member
2 Grand Final tickets
Australia Post/Swans
2 Series tickets
Australia Post
2 Grand Final tickets
Aussie Home Loans
6 Grand Final tickets

Total Tickets 1000

Mike_B
14th September 2003, 06:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that would be the allocation the club gets regardless of making the grand final, ie, all clubs get that allocation.

There will be more tickets available when we beat the Lions.

Nico
14th September 2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Mark

Careful on that one. I believe there are now strict signature checks, with any dodgy ones caught losing their membership.

floppinab
15th September 2003, 01:09 PM
Anybody know how much they are likely to cost???

DST
15th September 2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
Anybody know how much they are likely to cost???

As part of the Swans GF preference allocation of roughly 8,900, I beleive a seat will cost you between $120.00 & $145.00.

Less than that for standing room tickets.

Obvisouly it will cost more if you have to tack on breakfast or buy from a scalper. If Collingwood make it into the GF expect around the $1,200 to $1,400 per seat on the black market, not including breakfast either.

DST

:D

Bron
15th September 2003, 07:01 PM
Just got our letter from the Club re redbacks tickets. We have to order by friday ...

Standard seats are $127
Prime seats are $137
Premium seats are $147

No comment on what the definition of each is.

j s
15th September 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Bron
Just got our letter from the Club re redbacks tickets. We have to order by friday ...

Standard seats are $127
Prime seats are $137
Premium seats are $147

No comment on what the definition of each is.
For us ordinary members (even "Sydneysiders" are classed as ordinary for GF purposes) you won't get any choice. Just get to the window, say "Four (or whatever) please?" and take what you get but I can guarantee you it will be on the concourse level.

In 96 I bought tickets at 9:00am (first in line) precisely and got seats amost as far back as the standing area. I wasn't impressed :( but at least I had tickets :)