PDA

View Full Version : Jolly, C. Bolton & Goodes: How long do they have?

DeadlyAkkuret
8th April 2009, 04:08 AM
I consider these three to be our most important players, so just interested to see how long my fellow RWOnliners think they'll be running around for the Swans?

Jolly (27) is the one I'm least concerned about, being the youngest of the three and also a ruckman, it wouldn't be suprising to see him play til 34 or so, assuming he remains fit and hungry for success.

Craig (29 soon) is one of Sydney's fittest players and possibly our strongest. There's nothing to suggest his body wont hold up for another 4 years or so, and the monster forwards he's up against aren't exactly lightning quick. His durability and strength should see him in the game until he's 32 at the very least.

How long Goodes (29) hangs around for will depend on the position he plays. He could easily be slotted into the back line or forward line permanently once he reaches the early 30's, probably getting another 2-3 years out of his body from there.

Am I being generous or unfair with these estimations?

Number 43
8th April 2009, 11:24 AM
I'm convinced both Goodes and Bolton will still be playing in 3-4 years time. I think Goodes will become a permanent full forward/forward pocket in his final years and I think they will eventually take the pressure off Bolton and play him up forward in his final years as well. After seeing White's game the other night, Jolly may be able to play his last years off the bench as a back up ruckman.

Dalai Lama
8th April 2009, 12:33 PM
Whip it Goodes has 5 more years to win two more Brownlows.
Angelina Jolly - my slow up if he keeps working like last week.
And hey Jude has at least three left!

goswannie14
8th April 2009, 01:25 PM
And hey Jude has at least three left!B2, not B1.

hammo
8th April 2009, 01:42 PM
Goodes will move to full forward in the next couple of years, once Hall and MOL are gone. Johnston will be CHF. I think the time for a permanent Goodes move forward is geting closer, he seems to play his most effective football there these days.