PDA

View Full Version : Plan for a party!

Bron
9th September 2003, 08:22 PM
OK, based on our great experience in Adelaide this weekend and the carpark picnic, Liz, MJ and I have decided to have a replay (get everything stacked up for a repeat performance!). Picnic outside Stade Oz, around 5pm, BYO everything (or there should be food outlets around. Let's make a party of it! Will work out a specific venue and get back to you. All welcome.

The Adelaide concept is great, hundreds of people having BBQs/picnics in the carpark, somewhat like the Melbourne Cup in footy gear!

BAM_BAM
9th September 2003, 10:15 PM
tell me where I'll be there. Was planning on getting there early so I don't have to park on the top deck of P1

dawson
9th September 2003, 10:25 PM
I can't come - any chance of one post season - preferably on a Sunday?

BAM_BAM
9th September 2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by dawson
I can't come - any chance of one post season - preferably on a Sunday?

you'll be at the game though???? are you working?

Diego
9th September 2003, 10:34 PM
I am keen!!

:)

dawson
9th September 2003, 10:41 PM
Will only get to the ground at 7pm.
I'll be sitting in front of the press box if anyone wants to say hi - anyone sitting near there?

Come over and say hi :)

swansrock4eva
9th September 2003, 11:03 PM
Make it 4:30 perhaps? I'd love to but I'd have to cook and run if we started at 5. And for those who are driving, what about a post-match barbie to celebrate or possibly drown sorrows seeing as the brewery shuts up shop at some stupid time?

anniswan
9th September 2003, 11:13 PM
Cher, Wendy and I land in Sydney at 3.30, we'll will be making our way straight to SA, I suppose we will arrive at about 4.30ish. I am sure that we will join in

dawson
9th September 2003, 11:15 PM
Post match is better!!

j s
9th September 2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
Make it 4:30 perhaps? I'd love to but I'd have to cook and run if we started at 5. And for those who are driving, what about a post-match barbie to celebrate or possibly drown sorrows seeing as the brewery shuts up shop at some stupid time?
If the GF ticketing arrangements are similar to those in Brisbane last year we will all be dashing off post game to snaffle our positions in the queue.

jude_boltons_babe
9th September 2003, 11:59 PM
id love to come we normally get there early because of the reserves so we will be there anyway

Bron
10th September 2003, 10:16 AM
OK, looks like 4.30pm is the preferred time. I'll investigate and post a location, probably early next week.

As for after match, I reckon that's a go with the flow thing. The Club may organise something too.

And remember, keep the faith, dream, believe and commit.

I am celebrating the Sydney Swans winning the 2003 Grand Final at the MCG!

BE THERE.

Norris Lurker
11th September 2003, 07:08 PM
If the Swans win, the only way I'll be able to attend any aftermatch function is if they have it wherever the grand final ticket queue is.

j s
11th September 2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Norris Lurker
If the Swans win, the only way I'll be able to attend any aftermatch function is if they have it wherever the grand final ticket queue is.
What if the Bombers are the other team Norris? Which queue will you be dashing off to?

sharp9
12th September 2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by j s
What if the Bombers are the other team Norris? Which queue will you be dashing off to?
I was wondering the same thing. I notice the tag says "losing the plot," is this code for "Oh my God, I think I want the Swans to beat Essendon in the Grannie?"