PDA

View Full Version : Member Splits

DST
10th September 2003, 07:03 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know what number of members out of our total membership of 21,270 for 2003, are for the following:

* Full Sydney based members (with GF preference)
* Melbourne based members (with GF preference)
* Redback members

Just trying to do the sums on likely chances of GF tickets based on the club allocation should we make it.

I tried the Melbourne office but was unsuccesful.

DST

:D

j s
10th September 2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by DST
* Full Sydney based members (with GF preference)
* Melbourne based members (with GF preference)
* Redback members
:D
Redback numbers are small - only a few hundred. (Bron or Liz may have a more accurate figure)

Any members with GF preference have the same access so it doesn't matter where they live.

JF_Bay22_SCG
10th September 2003, 09:48 PM
I'm in the Cheer Squad. I'm guaranteed a ticket.

Those who constantly slag us off as the "creche" during the minor round (more often than not whilst not doing a thing themselves to lift the atmosphere themselves), yet come crawling up offering every platitude under the sun come GF week make me sick.

If there is one advantage to being in a Cheer Squad, it is for the ease of access to finals tickets. Adelaide was a synch, as will be Saturday week.

I just wish I didn't have to wait until pay day on Friday to be able to afford to buy my one for a couple of weeks. :frown

JF

Mike_B
10th September 2003, 10:08 PM
Well I'm a full club member that won't be able to go to the Granny. I'm soooo upset already, but will put my selfishness aside and be cheering myself hoarse next Sat night. However, I have already promised my membership to one Mr Jinx in the hope that the person using my ticket will take the anti-jinx spirit that I have exhibited in 3 away games for 3 wins to cancel out the Jinx that is our RWO guru.

brit411
10th September 2003, 10:40 PM
Im pretty sure there are just over 4000 Victorian members.

desredandwhite
10th September 2003, 10:59 PM
I think I read somewhere that the Redbacks are taken care of by the club's internal allocation, should we make the GF. the rest of us full members will have to fight it out for the other 8000+whatever tickets.

liz
10th September 2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
I think I read somewhere that the Redbacks are taken care of by the club's internal allocation, should we make the GF. the rest of us full members will have to fight it out for the other 8000+whatever tickets.

Des

As hinted at by MikeB above, I hope you've come to terms with the fact that, should we make The Big One, you ARE NOT permitted to attend;)

desredandwhite
10th September 2003, 11:08 PM
Hey! I heard that! :mad:

Stop this line of inquiry right now or may huge rats eat you by day and by night.

Huge, giant, hungry rats.

DST
11th September 2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by j s
Redback numbers are small - only a few hundred. (Bron or Liz may have a more accurate figure)

Any members with GF preference have the same access so it doesn't matter where they live.

That is not entirely correct JS,

What if (and it is probably the case) of the GF preference members 10,000 were in Sydney and 2,000 were in Melbourne.

When tickets go on sale I know where I would rather be lined up, at the "G" and not at the one outlet in Sydney.

I asked the question because Melbourne members are faced with the prospect that tickets may go on sale either Sunday or Monday morning, with people in transit back from Sydney (as I will be) I am looking to maximise my chances of obtaining a ticket and if it means getting back to Melbourne to get a better chance I need to factor that into my calculations.

Planning will get you one of the precious tickets if we make it, not luck.

DST

DST
11th September 2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by brit411
Im pretty sure there are just over 4000 Victorian members.

Hi Brit411

That sounds about right as well, but most of them will be precluded from buying tickets becuase they have not forked out for the GF preference membership.

I would be very surprised if more then 50% of those were GF preference members.

As for Sydney members I don't know that is why I asked the question, can anyone give me a guide.

DST

bay_4
11th September 2003, 01:40 AM
Sorry don't know about the split in members.

All I know is I didn't pay for GF preference this year (first time in about five years)

And don't I feel like a dork now!

...but it's GREAT!!

Bron
11th September 2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by j s

There are fewer than 100 redbacks, I think around 85 to be precise.

JF_Bay22_SCG
11th September 2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Bron
There are fewer than 100 redbacks, I think around 85 to be precise.

So, how many members did we have in your area in Adelaide Bron?

There seemed like a few hundred or so.

JF

Bron
11th September 2003, 08:32 AM
Liz and I were pretty unimpressed actually ... We were in a single row across a couple of bays, I would have thought no more than 30. There is an issue in that we couldn't buy more tickets than you have memberships - IMO, perfectly OK for the GF, but in a venue where it was highly unlikely to be a sell out, why not let us buy extras? Also, rather than having us a couple of rows deep, they spread us along the railing and on either side of a stair or something, so we couldn't even see (let alone talk) to others in the group. The larger bunch was the people who had bought through ticketek I believe and that was a few bays around from us, they at least were in a bunch.

Bart
11th September 2003, 09:17 AM
I rang the club yesterday re: GF tickets.

They will send a letter to all Full Club Members by next week that contains a bar code number. This number must be presented in person (at probably one outlet in Sydney and Melbourne) or over the phone. The bard code is then cancelled upon ordering so as it can't be used again.

Sounds pretty fair

Bear
11th September 2003, 12:24 PM
I wonder what the go is for members outside of Syd or melb - e.g. Canberra :confused:

jixygirl
11th September 2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Bart
I rang the club yesterday re: GF tickets.

They will send a letter to all Full Club Members by next week that contains a bar code number. This number must be presented in person (at probably one outlet in Sydney and Melbourne) or over the phone. The bard code is then cancelled upon ordering so as it can't be used again.

Sounds pretty fair

That sounds like a fantastic idea. Luckily I'm almost guaranteed a GF ticket if the Swans make the Grand Final (please!!!!!)

robbieando
11th September 2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Bear
I wonder what the go is for members outside of Syd or melb - e.g. Canberra :confused:

Have to be in either Melbourne and Sydney. Tickets should go on sale at the MCG and the SCG on the Monday, so that the travelling fans can get there in time.

No internet sales

Bart
11th September 2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
Have to be in either Melbourne and Sydney. Tickets should go on sale at the MCG and the SCG on the Monday, so that the travelling fans can get there in time.

No internet sales

No internet, yes, but I'm sure I was told that phone bookings apply

Cher
12th September 2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Bron
Liz and I were pretty unimpressed actually ... We were in a single row across a couple of bays, <clip> Also, rather than having us a couple of rows deep, they spread us along the railing and on either side of a stair or something, so we couldn't even see (let alone talk) to others in the group. The larger bunch was the people who had bought through ticketek I believe and that was a few bays around from us, they at least were in a bunch.

They did the same with the cheer squad, we we on the fence but in the next bay away from the goals, we swapped with some Port fans who were in the third row so we could feel more like we were in the cheer squad.
There were about four rows of Port supporters behind us then several rows of Swans supporters, not sure why they didn't do it the other way around