PDA

View Full Version : Barry Hall contract extension

i'm-uninformed2
17th May 2009, 06:13 PM
Well, every other week we have a post saying he's gawn.

So where is the one this week demanding a contract extension.

I reckon sign him for eight years

Cheer Squad
17th May 2009, 08:03 PM
He played very well last night. I think that must be the best game he's played since at least 2006.

As long as he keeps his temper under control, I think he has something vaulable to offer the club for another year or two.

Playsmart
17th May 2009, 09:21 PM
He played very well last night. I think that must be the best game he's played since at least 2006.

As long as he keeps his temper under control, I think he has something vaulable to offer the club for another year or two.

His display of temper and near out-of-control again in the early part of game could easily have wrecked his team chances of winning by a slender margin and rub himself out for another 6 marches. His anger against his team player for not pasing the ball to him did not help to build team condidence during the game.

He should be very grateful and thank his team mates for calming him down.
It is when he is calm and focus on the job with secondary effort, he began to contribute. His past regular arms held-wide protest to the umpires, ignoring secondary effort, has been kept to the minimum. Thats good. His going up the ground to give support is great too. Smark forwards would do that often.

Multi-dimension attacks is much preferred as most of us have said more often due to its unpredictability. Of course, Hall should be given every opportunity to dominate over his one-on-one opponents or front & behind him conjestion tactic. It is pointless to persue these tactics for 4 quarters if they are not rewarded with higher goal percentage.

There are more than one goal kickers at the forward.

dimelb
17th May 2009, 11:10 PM
He kept his temper under pretty severe provocation. He made the Eagles defenders nervous and they didn't know what to do with him. He ran everywhere and tackled anyone he got near. He kicked five goals and set up a couple more. He should play for us next year injuries permitting.

Blood
18th May 2009, 09:42 AM
I was going to start an "Official I wrote Barry Hall off and now i'm sorry thread" - but i guess this will do :D

Never, ever knock a champion.

AnnieH
18th May 2009, 10:04 AM
He kept his temper under pretty severe provocation. He made the Eagles defenders nervous and they didn't know what to do with him. He ran everywhere and tackled anyone he got near. He kicked five goals and set up a couple more. He should play for us next year injuries permitting.

Let's see him do it again next week. Don't get excited.

When the boss comes out and says your job is as safe as houses, well guess what ....

reigning premier
18th May 2009, 11:10 AM
5 Marks
6 Kicks
5 Goals
8 Tackles
An awesome display of controlled agression.

Dunger
18th May 2009, 11:12 AM

Is he worth hundreds of thousands for one good game every 2 or 3 years?

Plugger46
18th May 2009, 11:30 AM
Is he worth hundreds of thousands for one good game every 2 or 3 years?

Some really selective memories, with regard to Hall.

His two finals last year, Geelong, Port and Melbourne in Sydney last year, Hawthorn and West Coast this year. That's just off the top of my head.

He's frustrating at time and not the player he once was but the criticism this bloke gets is ridiculous.

dimelb
18th May 2009, 11:55 AM
Let's see him do it again next week. Don't get excited ...
You didn't get excited? We were cheering in the lounge room!
And incidentally I saw a list of players, how far they ran during the game and the top speed they reached. The equal second fastest was Goodes at 30 kph. Fastest was Baz at 33 kph - I imagine when he was chasing Glass!

AnnieH
18th May 2009, 12:09 PM
You didn't get excited? We were cheering in the lounge room!
And incidentally I saw a list of players, how far they ran during the game and the top speed they reached. The equal second fastest was Goodes at 30 kph. Fastest was Baz at 33 kph - I imagine when he was chasing Glass!

Like I said elsewhere, I've lost my voice - I left it under my seat at ANZ.

Bazza had a blinder this week like Bevo had a crapper last week.

See how much extra you can put into the game when your not being a big fat sooky la la to the umpires?

All cynical me is saying is let's see if he can back it up.

Once again, I seem to be the only person at this club who gives a @@@@ about percentage. These days, it's what separates a final appearance from a non-final appearance.

reigning premier
18th May 2009, 12:45 PM
Don't count it out Annie....

Afterall, Goodes has managed to finally string together two good games for the first time since 2007. Here's hoping BBBBH can do the same.....

Lucky Knickers
18th May 2009, 02:41 PM
I love BBBBH but before we start locking up the cash on 33 yo I would like to see him do those things he did on Sat night consistently.
He is absolutely a better player when he chases and gets involved, as I've read the coaches have told him. That's the Baz we had in 05/06 and the Baz he can be again. It also helps that MOL is in the team. Opposition aren't prepared to leave Mick to double/triple Baz if Magic is lurking somewhere.

giant
18th May 2009, 02:46 PM
Interesting to see a lot of Swans players prepared to go in and confront Baz when it looked like it might get ugly a few times - not sure if that would have happened in the past (pretty certain I wouldn't do it!). Just as interesting was the team's obvious sheer delight when his forward pressure lead to the goal for Moore.

magic.merkin
18th May 2009, 08:23 PM
No other player has had my family cheering on Tackles and Bumps etc.

When he tackled through the centre and slung the guy (legit mind you) oh the memories.

great times!

Put the ball out in front of the big fella so he can run onto it, and hit him on the tit all day long as see the results...

Interesting he played and marked well under lights, though there wasn't any eye's up marks I can remember. Good signs none the less.

Nico
18th May 2009, 09:03 PM
This is a team game and too many people and the media focus only on Barry Hall. As far as I am concerned the delivery into the forward most of last year and this year in parts has been bloody awful. A forward is only as good as the delivery from upfield to a large extent.

Against Geelong they refused to kick it to him and MOL one on one when they made leads. The team has to have better vision when going forward and if they are displined in getting it in quick, then these 2 blokes are darn hard to beat. Unfortunately next week we might go back to the rubbish delivery or lack of delivery.

Darren Thomson
18th May 2009, 10:22 PM
This is a team game and too many people and the media focus only on Barry Hall. As far as I am concerned the delivery into the forward most of last year and this year in parts has been bloody awful. A forward is only as good as the delivery from upfield to a large extent.

Against Geelong they refused to kick it to him and MOL one on one when they made leads. The team has to have better vision when going forward and if they are displined in getting it in quick, then these 2 blokes are darn hard to beat. Unfortunately next week we might go back to the rubbish delivery or lack of delivery.

Couldn't agree more, the difference between winning and losing is control of the midfield and how your forwards are getting the ball, Hally and Mick both get crap delivery soometimes, how I wish we still had soomeone of the calibre of Willo running thru the middle. I think this is where moving ROK into the nid will help us. He delivers, and is not as slow as Moore, Mcveigh & co.

Bas
18th May 2009, 10:27 PM
Give him two years.