PDA

View Full Version : Swans set for changes

The MacDaddy
2nd June 2009, 03:55 PM
Swans set for changes (http://sydneyswans.com.au/tabid/7106/default.aspx?newsid=78016)

Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos predicts at least two changes ahead of his side's clash with Hawthorn

Donners
2nd June 2009, 05:04 PM
Roos never actually says that there are likely to be two changes in anything he is quoted on. He says Smith is in contention and it is the reporter who mentions Bird.

I could see those two coming in for Malceski and Ablett, though.

The MacDaddy
2nd June 2009, 06:47 PM
devo to hear about meredith if that is true. first ive heard of it. can anyone verify?

Jewels
2nd June 2009, 07:21 PM
Look in the injury list in the pop out menu to left

DST
3rd June 2009, 10:26 PM
Shame about Merideth, would have got plenty more senior games this year except for the injury.

In reality at this stage we only have Bird, Thornton, Smith, Laidlaw and possibly Currie who could be considered for senior selection this week. With both Vezpremi and Murphy both to push for senior selection once they get back on the ground and string 4 or 5 games together.

It's a real shame at present, from the limited amount of what we have seen from young guys like Laidlaw, Smith, Merideth, Vespremi and Thornton they all look reasonably capable at senior level but just can't string the games together due to injury to push for senior selection consistently.

DST
:D

liz
3rd June 2009, 10:33 PM
In reality at this stage we only have Bird, Thornton, Smith, Laidlaw and possibly Currie who could be considered for senior selection this week. :D

And Barlow. I didn't much care for his game last week because his disposal was crap, but so was the disposal of everyone else, other than Bird's who was merely "poor" and Smith who was "mediocre".

Since he returned to the reserves, in the games I've seen he's been as good as any of the other up-and-comers and I still reckon he's got a lot to offer at senior level if he can get his head around the intensity levels required.

R&WtilIDie
4th June 2009, 02:14 AM
I believe Smith was hurt at training. Doubtful to play this week. Can't find article, but there was one.

stellation
4th June 2009, 08:15 AM
And Barlow. I didn't much care for his game last week because his disposal was crap, but so was the disposal of everyone else, other than Bird's who was merely "poor" and Smith who was "mediocre".

Since he returned to the reserves, in the games I've seen he's been as good as any of the other up-and-comers and I still reckon he's got a lot to offer at senior level if he can get his head around the intensity levels required.
I thought that Ed had started to look okay in the seniors before he was dropped, I wouldn't mind seeing him come in.

satchmopugdog
4th June 2009, 10:05 AM
I believe Smith was hurt at training. Doubtful to play this week. Can't find article, but there was one.

I am thinking a conspiracy theory here...the oldies have got together and put kryptonite in the younguns lockers at training and they are falling like ninepins. Silly Leo went to the wrong lockertoplay a practical joke and it zapped him.

So the oldies are safe for another game. Connelly,maybe Crouch is Lex Luther.

Dalai Lama
4th June 2009, 11:24 AM
There should be concideration given to dropping the Rhesus Monkey after his outburst, and performance last weekend?

jono2707
4th June 2009, 02:24 PM
There should be concideration given to dropping the Rhesus Monkey after his outburst, and performance last weekend?

No.