PDA

View Full Version : Facing some home truths

DeadlyAkkuret
7th June 2009, 05:41 PM
Well, we were presented with a perfect chance to cement ourselves inside the 8 against an absolute injury-ridden rabble, and we only manage to embarrass ourselves.

Hall: Mate, I thought you'd turned a corner, but how wrong I was. You idiot!

Bevan: Time for connolly to admit you're a dud, but fortunately for you we have many and you're probably not the biggest. (Bloody close, though)

Forward line: It's quite simply very sub-par and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Grundy isn't the solution and White is a year or two away from having a real impact in there. Goodes is great up forward but we need him everywhere else, let's hope that Johnston is a gun!

Feel free to add to my rant, or insult me for being overly negative.

hammo
7th June 2009, 05:48 PM
We can't afford to keep carrying Barry Hall because at least 8 times a game it results in the opposition getting a free path out of defence through his constant infringements.

However legitimate the free kicks against him, the fact is the umpires are always looking to ping him. Barry doesn't help himself by constantly engaging in wrestling and not leading to space.

He's become the proverbial liability in the side.

BSA5
7th June 2009, 05:57 PM
Hall - one stupid act (plus some bad umpiring, that second 50 should never have been paid), and a quiet-ish but still effective game, slotting 2 goals. People are turning far too quickly (not that that's unusual here! :o )

Bevan - I thought he was quite serviceable, and far from our worst. Not sure why you're picking on him.

Forward line - They had pretty poor delivery all day. The Port game showed how effective Hall, Magic and co can be with half-decent delivery (let's be honest, we'll never see much better than "decent" delivery from the current Swans midfield). Grundy can be an effective 3rd tall. He has been poor for the last two games (though he wasn't our worst today), but hasn't done enough to be dropped. If he has another poor game against the Pies, maybe drop him and let him fight his way back into the side, but he's shown enough to convince me that he'll be a decent player. Certainly no star, and not the sort of player you could build a forwardline around, but a good solid contributor.

BSA5
7th June 2009, 06:00 PM
We can't afford to keep carrying Barry Hall because at least 8 times a game it results in the opposition getting a free path out of defence through his constant infringements.

However legitimate the free kicks against him, the fact is the umpires are always looking to ping him. Barry doesn't help himself by constantly engaging in wrestling and not leading to space.

He's become the proverbial liability in the side.

So you're claiming he gives away 8 free kicks a game? You should check some stats before making claims like that.

ROK Lobster
7th June 2009, 06:03 PM
Hall - one stupid act (plus some bad umpiring, that second 50 should never have been paid), and a quiet-ish but still effective game, slotting 2 goals. People are turning far too quickly (not that that's unusual here! :o )We need a scapegoat to explain a loss, always have. The leadership group will probably react the same way...

Robbo
7th June 2009, 06:04 PM
The Roos dynasty is officially over as of now. This is the worst position we've been in for quite a long time now.

I just hope that he's got the bollocks to get rid of the driftwood and start playing more of these kids who dominate the reserves week in week out.

DeadlyAkkuret
7th June 2009, 06:05 PM
If I read "quite servicable" again on this board I think I'll scream.

Young Blood
7th June 2009, 06:08 PM
Well, we were presented with a perfect chance to cement ourselves inside the 8 against an absolute injury-ridden rabble, and we only manage to embarrass ourselves.

Hawks may have had some injuries but were always favourites today with Franklin, Roughead & Williams up front and Mitchell, Bateman, Sewell & Lewis the core of a more than capable midfield.

satchmopugdog
7th June 2009, 06:09 PM
The biggest home truth is our lack of skill.

We get beaten in nearly every one on one contest. We don't get the ball out quickly like the Hawks. Their hands are terrific even witha wet ball.

McVeigh is still good .I forget about him.

Grundy= ponderous

Moore not quick enough.

hammo
7th June 2009, 06:13 PM
So you're claiming he gives away 8 free kicks a game? You should check some stats before making claims like that.

A possible exaggeration but that's the impression he leaves sometimes. Certainly combining the frees against and the times where Hall is left waving his arms in the air pleading for a free it would be at least 8 times a game.

ugg
7th June 2009, 06:18 PM

We get beaten in nearly every one on one contest. We don't get the ball out quickly like the Hawks. Their hands are terrific even witha wet ball.

Grundy= ponderous

Moore not quick enough.
Ponderous, what a fantastic adjective to describe Grundy, I've been thinking for one for ages.

He doesn't look like he thinks he belongs out there. Always second guessing himself when he has the ball.

Margie
7th June 2009, 06:39 PM
Ponderous, what a fantastic adjective to describe Grundy, I've been thinking for one for ages.

He doesn't look like he thinks he belongs out there. Always second guessing himself when he has the ball.

It is a good way to describe him.

He and players such as Bevan try but just seem like dumb footballers.

Dogzbody
7th June 2009, 06:43 PM
I was trying to figure out why I was sooo cranky after watching today's game

Possibilities:

* We hit opposition targets very well (instead of our own)
* Barry Hall losing the plot yet again
* Seeing every reason in the rule book for frees.... against us
* Seeing low percentage play-ons rather than attentive target spotting
* Watching Kirky trying to motivate when realistically nobody was listening

then I realised:

we are definitely on the way down, and I hadn't swallowed that pill yet as we always seem to find a way to keep fighting....but my confidence in this group took a blow today, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...the Hawks were obviously gone and we couldn't put them away. Please tell me its just my mood and its the same as usual, but instinctively this doesn't feel good:(

The injury to Craig Bolton could be the acronym that spells "its all over"

Lucky Knickers
7th June 2009, 06:46 PM
On the big paddock of the MCG our midfield did not run hard or fast enough to get to dangerous positions and provide options up forward OR provide a crumb. Compare that to the gut-busting running of Sewell, BAteman, McGlynn and Mitchell today. Hawks are a superior team and we would have got smashed had the team they played been fully fit. We never would have headed them.

Margie
7th June 2009, 06:51 PM
On the big paddock of the MCG our midfield did not run hard or fast enough to get to dangerous positions and provide options up forward OR provide a crumb. Compare that to the gut-busting running of Sewell, BAteman, McGlynn and Mitchell today. Hawks are a superior team and we would have got smashed had the team they played been fully fit. We never would have headed them.

Sad but true. We play the SCG well for that reason. Although we did have that good win against the Hawks at Homebush in April.

Crumbing was virtually non-existent today.

liz
7th June 2009, 07:50 PM
I know I was cranky because of all the games we've lost this year, it was the first we actually could have won. It's easier to be philosophical when the team gets thumped, but after a winnable loss it's impossible not to start the "what ifs".

Melbournehammer
7th June 2009, 07:58 PM
i think people need to realise we are really just not that good. But the key issue is that of all the players we have turned over they have been the outside players - kennelly, williams, fosdike, dempster,schneider.

although their skills are probably only a little higher than the group we replaced them with we have lost some serious pace...and our ability to deliver the ball has reduced seriously.

GongSwan
7th June 2009, 08:06 PM
Hall - one stupid act (plus some bad umpiring, that second 50 should never have been paid), and a quiet-ish but still effective game, slotting 2 goals. People are turning far too quickly (not that that's unusual here! :o )

Bevan - I thought he was quite serviceable, and far from our worst. Not sure why you're picking on him.

Forward line - They had pretty poor delivery all day. The Port game showed how effective Hall, Magic and co can be with half-decent delivery (let's be honest, we'll never see much better than "decent" delivery from the current Swans midfield). Grundy can be an effective 3rd tall. He has been poor for the last two games (though he wasn't our worst today), but hasn't done enough to be dropped. If he has another poor game against the Pies, maybe drop him and let him fight his way back into the side, but he's shown enough to convince me that he'll be a decent player. Certainly no star, and not the sort of player you could build a forwardline around, but a good solid contributor.

Yep, game was lost in the midfield as they usually are, more speed is required and an improvement in skills

tasswan
7th June 2009, 08:14 PM
In all honesty I wasnt too unhappy about today. I thought they wouldnt win and they came closer than I expected.

Considering I didnt (and still dont think) we will make the 8, im happy to see some improvements from some players. I thought Bird was good and improving better than i expected.

Not sure what some of you are expecting from this year but considering who we have played so far i think 5W 6L is acceptable

RogueSwan
7th June 2009, 09:49 PM
... more speed is required and an improvement in skills

Yep, we need to move the ball quicker, not necessarily have faster foot speed.
Combine this with good disposal skills and we wouldn't have to worry about playing and winning "contested footy" every week.

Cant turn right
7th June 2009, 09:54 PM
Not sure what some of you are expecting from this year but considering who we have played so far i think 5W 6L is acceptable

On form so far I think we will win just 10 games this year, finishing 10th on the ladder.

Bas
7th June 2009, 10:47 PM
On form so far I think we will win just 10 games this year, finishing 10th on the ladder.

So with the amended draft at the end of this year, what will be our first pick if we were to finish 10th? Will we even get a first round?

liz
7th June 2009, 11:05 PM
So with the amended draft at the end of this year, what will be our first pick if we were to finish 10th? Will we even get a first round?

:confused:

If we finish 10th we'll almost certainly get pick 11, with the Dees looking likely to qualify for pick 1 as a priority pick. Unless the Eagles prove crap enough to get a first round priority pick as well, though they'd have to lose pretty much every game from hereon to qualify.

goswannie14
7th June 2009, 11:25 PM

If we finish 10th we'll almost certainly get pick 11, with the Dees looking likely to qualify for pick 1 as a priority pick. Unless the Eagles prove crap enough to get a first round priority pick as well, though they'd have to lose pretty much every game from hereon to qualify.I think the reference was to the GC 17 having their extra picks early in the draft.

liz
8th June 2009, 09:12 AM
I think the reference was to the GC 17 having their extra picks early in the draft.

But they don't have any.

goswannie14
8th June 2009, 09:20 AM
But they don't have any.Don't tell me, tell Bas, I think that is what he was inferring.

Nico
8th June 2009, 10:10 AM

Grundy= ponderous

Moore not quick enough.

It is driving me mad with how we are second to the ball at stoppages. It must be a game tactic.

Jack and Buchanan both had 7 tackles. That tells me they are second to the ball. I would say Buchanan's were mostly in close because he is too slow in one on one contests to get near his man.

skaterboi1973
8th June 2009, 10:21 AM
Yep, game was lost in the midfield as they usually are, more speed is required and an improvement in skills

Think your being a bit harsh there, if you watch any swans game from the stands, you will notice that the midfield have no targets to kick to up in the forward line. Barry stands there waving his hand up in the air when he should be leading to the 50 line, that brings in the half forward line who can crumb off any mark spilled, or who can run in behind for a kick that goes longer.

With a stagnant forward line, the midfield have to hold it up and move it sideways etc to get the ball in, just adding more chances of it being spilled.

Nico
8th June 2009, 10:29 AM
Think your being a bit harsh there, if you watch any swans game from the stands, you will notice that the midfield have no targets to kick to up in the forward line. Barry stands there waving his hand up in the air when he should be leading to the 50 line, that brings in the half forward line who can crumb off any mark spilled, or who can run in behind for a kick that goes longer.

With a stagnant forward line, the midfield have to hold it up and move it sideways etc to get the ball in, just adding more chances of it being spilled.

Beg to disagree. Our midfield gets a lot possession in the back half between centre and 50 metre line and delivers from there. ROK in his last few games has been a glaring example. McVeigh was the same yesterday.

J Bolton, Kirk, Buchanan and Ablett are poor kicks. We need to be kicking around centre of forward of there with momentum to change around how our forwards fare. We rarely get a clean centre break so opposition defenders are rarely on the back foot from a quick ball coming at them.

Kanga
8th June 2009, 02:43 PM

Didn't see Magic being overly effective either yesterday (at least on the TV) This must be his last season....

Cant turn right
8th June 2009, 03:33 PM

If we finish 10th we'll almost certainly get pick 11, with the Dees looking likely to qualify for pick 1 as a priority pick. Unless the Eagles prove crap enough to get a first round priority pick as well, though they'd have to lose pretty much every game from hereon to qualify.

Considering we got pick 12 last year and Vespa with pick 11 in 2007, that's a pretty bad outcome all round. If the Dees got a first round priority pick how is it that the 10th team doesn't get pick 8?

ROK Lobster
8th June 2009, 03:34 PM
Considering we got pick 12 last year and Vespa with pick 11 in 2007, that's a pretty bad outcome all round. If the Dees got a first round priority pick how is it that the 10th team doesn't get pick 8?
It's rocket surgery.

connolly
8th June 2009, 03:54 PM
Bevan: Time for connolly to admit you're a dud, but fortunately for you we have many and you're probably not the biggest. (Bloody close, though)

Bevo had one goal kicked on him (which according to some has ended our season), had 18 possessions (11 handpasses - he was getting it out) and made two tackles. Craig Bolton was killed by Franklin had 13 possessions (three handpasses - he was receiving) no tackles, inexplicable seeing he was chasing Buddy all day and no contested marks - from a key position backman! Franklin for the record had 17 disposals, kicked 3 goals - should have been 6 and took 6 contested marks. Malceski's performance was abysmal (as predicted) - had 7 possessions, no tackles, Moore had 6 possessions (50% were effective) and Crouch, our premier small defender according to some had 5 possessions, no contested marks (and dropped an absolute sitter) and made all of one tackle, attempted to trip an opponent for which he should be before the Tribunal, before an aging body gave up on him. Tremendous from a tagger. Honestly how on earth can you single out a kid for a bagging, who played pretty well, compared to some of the garbage that was played by Malceski and Crouch for example.

connolly
8th June 2009, 04:03 PM
Didn't see Magic being overly effective either yesterday (at least on the TV) This must be his last season....

Bit harsh there Roo boy. Magic had 15 possessions, including 3 contested marks. Thought he was on his bike all day.

pinkemu
8th June 2009, 04:04 PM

Stop being so @@$@$@$ overly negative.:rolleyes:

Lohengrin
8th June 2009, 04:12 PM
Bevo had one goal kicked on him (which according to some has ended our season), had 18 possessions (11 handpasses - he was getting it out) and made two tackles. Craig Bolton was killed by Franklin had 13 possessions (three handpasses - he was receiving) no tackles, inexplicable seeing he was chasing Buddy all day and no contested marks - from a key position backman! Franklin for the record had 17 disposals, kicked 3 goals - should have been 6 and took 6 contested marks. Malceski's performance was abysmal (as predicted) - had 7 possessions, no tackles, Moore had 6 possessions (50% were effective) and Crouch, our premier small defender according to some had 5 possessions, no contested marks (and dropped an absolute sitter) and made all of one tackle, attempted to trip an opponent for which he should be before the Tribunal, before an aging body gave up on him. Tremendous from a tagger. Honestly how on earth can you single out a kid for a bagging, who played pretty well, compared to some of the garbage that was played by Malceski and Crouch for example.Comparing him with C Bolton is going past even your absurd standards.

As for the other players, Malceski, Moore and Crouch are definitely struggling, as are a number of players. Doesn't mean that Bevan can do no wrong though, which you tediously say each week.

connolly
8th June 2009, 04:20 PM
Comparing him with C Bolton is going past even your absurd standards.

As for the other players, Malceski, Moore and Crouch are definitely struggling, as are a number of players. Doesn't mean that Bevan can do no wrong though, which you tediously say each week.

Any key defender who takes no contested marks and makes not one tackle while his opponent kicks three goals and has 17 possessions has been carved up. His game compared to anyone's was a shocker

Lohengrin
8th June 2009, 04:25 PM
Any key defender who takes no contested marks and makes not one tackle while his opponent kicks three goals and has 17 possessions has been carved up. His game compared to anyone's was a shocker
You've become quite delusional.

According to some of your recent analysis, our AA CHB, one of the best defenders in the competition, has put in shockers, while your love child can do no wrong.

liz
8th June 2009, 04:30 PM

:o

Sorry. My mistake. Can't get my head around this finishing outside the 8 business and I substituted "10th" for "8th" by mistake. You are correct - a 10th place finish will probably get us pick 8.

connolly
8th June 2009, 04:39 PM
You've become quite delusional.

According to some of your recent analysis, our AA CHB, one of the best defenders in the competition, has put in shockers, while your love child can do no wrong.

He could have been AAAAA for all i care. He was thrashed.

goswannie14
8th June 2009, 04:43 PM
He could have been AAAAA for all i care. He was thrashed.Why is it in recent weeks, when anyone says that Bevan let us down, you start to say that Bolton was worse?

In defending Bevan you are doing exactly the thing that you are allegedly trying to defend Bevan from, that is, unfairly criticising another Swans player.

ScottH
8th June 2009, 04:45 PM
He could have been AAAAA for all i care. He was thrashed.

3 goals scored against B2, by one of the best in the business = Thrashed???

DST
8th June 2009, 04:59 PM
Certainly blokes like Malceski, Buchanan, Ablett and to a lesser extent Bevan, LRT and Crouch (only by injury) but in all honesty who are their replacements at present?

Laidlaw looks like he might finally be close, Smith was close until he had the stuffing knocked out of him a couple of weeks ago, Vez is on his way back, Merideth has now broken his arm, Murphy is not back on the park and Pyke has been in the country less times than I have had hot dinners.

That really only leaves Thornton who has had a taste and not much esle. DOK seems to be coming good!

We have had a shocking run of injuries over the last 2 to 3 years with our younger players, some of them look like reasonable footballers but without consistent football, they are not ready to play senior football.

Saying all that, I hope we see Laidlaw and Smith get games this week for Malceski and Buchanon.

DST

Melbournehammer
8th June 2009, 05:51 PM
We have had a shocking run of injuries over the last 2 to 3 years with our younger players, some of them look like reasonable footballers but without consistent football, they are not ready to play senior football.

DST[/QUOTE]

perhaps it is karma. our two years on top were recognised as being almost injury free (although willo and lrt in yr 2 did rather give the lie to that

DST
8th June 2009, 05:56 PM

DST

perhaps it is karma. our two years on top were recognised as being almost injury free (although willo and lrt in yr 2 did rather give the lie to that[/QUOTE]

Could be, but it must be frustrating to the coaching staff to know they have some decent footballers but are unable to give them an extended run of football in the seniors due to constant stop start injuries.

DST

connolly
8th June 2009, 06:03 PM
3 goals scored against B2, by one of the best in the business = Thrashed???

Franklin took six contested marks on him and kicked atrociously. Fortunately for us his kicking efficiency was less than 50%. If he had kicked better he could have easily had six goals. If Cyril had not got injured (he was looking ominous against Crouch) it would have been worse. By the way can anyone explain why Bolton didn't lay one effective tackle on Franklin all day?

Triple B
8th June 2009, 06:03 PM
connolly, you're getting harder and harder to defend buddy.

U have taken it upon yourself to defend Bevan for the frequent unfair criticism he constantly receives here on RWO. Kudos to you for that, even though it is frequently over the top it is mostly entertaining. You have allies in Roosy and the match committee who pick him week in week out despite his shortcomings because of the good qualities he brings to the table. Others don't see it and think they know more than Roosy and co, that's just delusional.

However......

U are now going down the path of ridiculous criticisms of other players, this week you have Crouch and C.Bolton in the crosshairs.

There is no way known Bolton was 'massacred' by Buddy. It's on a par with the hardest job in footy and I'd say he performed admirably.

Crouch did a terrific job on Aker last week, negating him brilliantly at the end of a month when he, Aker, has been in a real purple patch of form yet you still could not give him any credit. I know what you're saying about Crouch, he's not the future, but at the minute he is the best option to play the role he is asked to perform. Thornton, Laidlaw and Smith all deserve their chance in the seniors and even if it at the expense of Crouch, they won't be playing Crouch's role. That's more likely to fall back to your boy.

connolly
8th June 2009, 06:31 PM
However......

U are now going down the path of ridiculous criticisms of other players, this week you have Crouch and C.Bolton in the crosshairs.

There is no way known Bolton was 'massacred' by Buddy. It's on a par with the hardest job in footy and I'd say he performed admirably.

Crouch did a terrific job on Aker last week, negating him brilliantly at the end of a month when he, Aker, has been in a real purple patch of form yet you still could not give him any credit. I know what you're saying about Crouch, he's not the future, but at the minute he is the best option to play the role he is asked to perform. Thornton, Laidlaw and Smith all deserve their chance in the seniors and even if it at the expense of Crouch, they won't be playing Crouch's role. That's more likely to fall back to your boy.

Fair enough. But if you compare the game that Bolton played on Franklin at Homebush to the one yesterday it was well below that. As for Crouch his game yesterday was really poor. He is a senior player and appears to do nothing in terms of lifting the young uns. The run with role is an important one for the teaching of young midfielders the ropes. I would rather see Brabazon get three goals kicked on him by Acker and learn something about the game from one of the best than Crouch running around just tagging. Probably the issue will be sorted in the next couple of weeks as we are now in a team rebuilding season. We have stuck with them through lean years so its not an issue if we are getting beaten provided the boys have a go and the kids are given a chance. i really feel for Brabazon as he has never really been given a go at the senior level. He should be now and if he can't cut the mustard over the remainder of the season, at least the kid won't die wondering. Thornton is a terrific prospect (a really great kid as well) and hasn''t been given much of a go at senior level. Barlow needs the time with the seniors, getting flattened and hitting the packs. Maybe we should try him at centre half back now that Bolton is out? Can Pyke play a mobile ruck rover role? This season should be of real interest in regard to the young players showing us something.

Triple B
8th June 2009, 07:04 PM
.....I would rather see Brabazon get three goals kicked on him by Acker and learn something about the game from one of the best than Crouch running around just tagging. Probably the issue will be sorted in the next couple of weeks as we are now in a team rebuilding season.......

Therein lies the conundrum.

If we are in a rebuilding phase, officially, where results can be sacrificed at the expense of getting games into some of the younguns', then Crouch out for a youngun I can live with, but I am in the 'happy to play finals year in, year out and hopefully snag a flag along the way' camp and haven't given up on this year just yet. As such, pick the best 22 on form.

connolly
8th June 2009, 07:07 PM
Therein lies the conundrum.

If we are in a rebuilding phase, officially, where results can be sacrificed at the expense of getting games into some of the younguns', then Crouch out for a youngun I can live with, but I am in the 'happy to play finals year in, year out and hopefully snag a flag along the way' camp and haven't given up on this year just yet. As such, pick the best 22 on form.

Hope you are right. Happy to be proved wrong on this.

Triple B
8th June 2009, 07:11 PM
Hope you are right. Happy to be proved wrong on this.

Let me just make it clear, I haven't given up hope of making finals. Hope of a flag has long gone, in truth, was never actually there.

rojo
8th June 2009, 07:36 PM
Thornton is a terrific prospect (a really great kid as well) and hasn''t been given much of a go at senior level. Barlow needs the time with the seniors, getting flattened and hitting the packs. Maybe we should try him at centre half back now that Bolton is out? Can Pyke play a mobile ruck rover role? This season should be of real interest in regard to the young players showing us something.

Yes, yes and yes! We have yet to find out whether EB can realise his potential. What role is he usually given in the reserves? Does anyone know yet where his best position is? It must be really hard to be thrown into the seniors and asked to play an unfamiliar role.

SwansFan1972
8th June 2009, 07:50 PM
Let me just make it clear, I haven't given up hope of making finals. Hope of a flag has long gone, in truth, was never actually there.

I used to feel the same, but mostly because I figured if you're in the finals, you're a chance to win.

This year is very different though - what's the point of playing a final if you have no chance of gaining anything other than "finals experience"?

To get back to competitiveness for a flag, it just might be better to get an early start on the next season and a higher draft pick and leave the business end of the season to those who might be able to do the business. And realistically, participation in the finals is probably already out of the team's hands, unless the ladder stays in such weird shape and 11-11, or even more weirdly, 10-12 with healthy percentage is enough to get in.

I hate being so defeatist - it flies completely in the face of what supporting your team should be about, which is really sad, but the game is being drilled down year after year into just being a business. Passion, emotion and the aspects of the game we all love are under constant siege by rule changes and AFL totalitarianism. If you can't win the flag in a season, then you need to be doing whatever it takes to make sure you can challenge again as soon as possible.

Knowing that magic recipe is the catch however, and if I knew what it was, I wouldn't be sitting here blogging! :)

ScottH
8th June 2009, 07:56 PM
By the way can anyone explain why Bolton didn't lay one effective tackle on Franklin all day?He laid at least one I can remember, but buddy still managed to snap a goal, whilst being tackle, while your fav boy watched on.

Nico
8th June 2009, 08:34 PM
He laid at least one I can remember, but buddy still managed to snap a goal, whilst being tackle, while your fav boy watched on.

The stats say different Scotty. One dirty big duck egg against his name this week.

By the way, Scott was a very common name for footballers in the 90's and early 2000's. There was a Scott here and a Scott there. Some were Scott or Scotty so and so and there was lot of players with Scott as a surname. I remember Rex Hunt getting his Scotts and Scotty's mixed up one day.

You could probably put together a handy side of Scotts.

ScottH
8th June 2009, 10:01 PM
The stats say different Scotty. One dirty big duck egg against his name this week. Well, the stats in the HS, contradict the 4 pics on the same page, of said tackle!!

By the way, Scott was a very common name for footballers in the 90's and early 2000's. There was a Scott here and a Scott there. Some were Scott or Scotty so and so and there was lot of players with Scott as a surname. I remember Rex Hunt getting his Scotts and Scotty's mixed up one day.

You could probably put together a handy side of Scotts.
There is a future project for some poor soul!!

ROK Lobster
8th June 2009, 10:27 PM
You could probably put together a handy side of Scotts.WOuld they play in shorts or Kilts?

Margie
8th June 2009, 10:28 PM
WOuld they play in shorts or Kilts?

I vote for kilts!

ROK Lobster
8th June 2009, 10:31 PM
I vote for kilts!
Not if our Scott plays.

ScottH
8th June 2009, 10:36 PM
Not if our Scott plays.I have a lovely Sporran!!

Margie
8th June 2009, 10:37 PM
Not if our Scott plays.

I want to sing "Scotty where's yer troosers?"

T-bag
9th June 2009, 01:49 AM
I want to sing "Scotty where's yer troosers?"

He's not wearing troosers, he's wearing troons.