PDA

View Full Version : Likey changes for this round...

JudesaGun
15th June 2009, 03:03 PM
Not sure on Bolton's status, but would like to see:

OUTS
Bolton, Buchanan, Crouch

INS
Thornton, Vezpremi, Smith

Thoughts?

BSA5
15th June 2009, 03:19 PM
I assume you mean Craig Bolton, and I assume you mean through injury? If that's the case, we need another tall. If Cloke, Anthony, Rocca and Medhurst all play, we'll need Bolton to start on Medhurst, LRT on Rocca, White/Grundy on Cloke, and Richards on Anthony (who is one of the few players who won't be able to outmuscle Ted in a one-on-one, Teddy's main weakness). If Grundy goes back, we should play White forward. If White goes back, Grundy stays forward (my preferred option, as I think Grundy is much better utilised in attack). Either way, we need to replace White in the ruck.

Out: Craig Bolton (if injured, which is likely), Moore/Buchanan if injured, Malceski
IN: Pyke (if Bolton's injured), Laidlaw (if fit, otherwise Thornton), Smith

As much as I'd love to see Vespa back, I reckon we should give him another week. He's played two reserves matches this year, and then had a week off. Give him another game to get his touch back before he comes into consideration.

UglyDuckling
15th June 2009, 03:21 PM
Paul Roos Said Vez wont play till either Adelaide or the week after.

Out: Buchannan, Bolton (injured), Malcheski
In: Currie, Thornton, Smith

Play White forward, Grundy back with Currie doing the job in the ruck and spending some time forward

Could also drop Crouch maybe give DOK a go after his 6 last week

Medhurt and Rocca were both rubbish on the weekend for the Collingwood 2's Rocca def wont play.

kangle4
15th June 2009, 03:39 PM
Paul Roos Said Vez wont play till either Adelaide or the week after.

Out: Buchannan, Bolton (injured), Malcheski
In: Currie, Thornton, Smith

Play White forward, Grundy back with Currie doing the job in the ruck and spending some time forward

Could also drop Crouch maybe give DOK a go after his 6 last week

Medhurt and Rocca were both rubbish on the weekend for the Collingwood 2's Rocca def wont play.

rocca usually does alright against us though.

Lohengrin
15th June 2009, 03:42 PM
If Cloke, Anthony, Rocca and Medhurst all play,
Rocca won't play - long way short of match fitness.

Lucky Knickers
15th June 2009, 03:53 PM
We need Crouch this weekend.
Pies forwards are doing nicely. We need to shut down Leon, Didak, Dick, John Anthony.
Tough week - don't be surprised to see Ablett back.

UglyDuckling
15th June 2009, 04:41 PM
If Ablett comes back it will be an absolute disgrace he is slow, overweight and his disposal and decision making is shocking.

For him to get a spot over Thornton or Smith who have been doing good things in the 2's is ridiculous. They will have the same output as him in terms of possessions, the main difference is they will learn and improve while he is in what should be his peak years.

Out: Ablett (Forever)

Captain
15th June 2009, 05:21 PM
In: Thornton, Barlow, Pyke
Out: Buchanan, Crouch, Malceski

Donners
15th June 2009, 05:57 PM
Are we assuming that Crouch is injured? If not, I don't think he should be dropped. He missed most of the last game through injury, but was terrific the week before.

Buchanan, Grundy and Malceski must be on a knife's edge. Moore has had a bad couple of weeks, but had a few good ones prior to that.

I could see:

In: Barlow, Thornton
Out: Malceski, Buchanan

COBHC
15th June 2009, 05:59 PM
Please bring in Patrick Veszpremi and Daniel O'Keefe.

Midfield
15th June 2009, 09:56 PM
Amon will not be dropped, he is a class above any of the kids running around in the 2's. Roosy needs to play him in the centre more thats all. Sure he'll make a bad error once a game, but thats because he's been busting his arse to put pressure on the ball carrier. I'd prefer he did this rather than waltz around the contest and pick up 10 possessions with no pressure.

dtblogger
15th June 2009, 10:06 PM
yeah rocca wont play. he played in the ressies on the weekend and got 8 touches and 1 goal. medhurst will prob come back in for thepies. so if boltons out we need some defenders