PDA

View Full Version : laidley quits kangaroos

johnno
16th June 2009, 12:29 PM
Dean Laidley has apparently resigned as coach of the North melbourne Kangaroos. Its been reported in the Herald sun just moments ago.

AnnieH
16th June 2009, 12:44 PM
Really?
Who saw that coming??

johnno
16th June 2009, 12:48 PM
I thought it would have happened later on in the season.

Wardy
16th June 2009, 01:07 PM
I wonder if Mrs Longmire has ordered the removalists van yet?;)

ernie koala
16th June 2009, 01:31 PM
I wonder if Mrs Longmire has ordered the removalists van yet?;)

I hope so...Nothing against Horse, but I don't like the Roos succession plan.
When Roos goes I would like to think the club will look beyond it's own border for our next coach. ie Fresh start, new direction! If they think that can occur from within, then ok, but it shouldn't be a fait accompli.

Wardy
16th June 2009, 02:38 PM
When Roos goes I would like to think the club will look beyond it's own border for our next coach. ie Fresh start, new direction! If they think that can occur from within, then ok, but it shouldn't be a fait accompli.

I'm with you on that one Ernie - if you are going to have a new coach - then it should be a clean out of existing coaching personel (particualrly if they have been there more than 5 years) a new start can lead to new, bigger and better things!

ScottH
16th June 2009, 03:05 PM
adios!!

goswannie14
16th June 2009, 03:44 PM
adios!!That's a bit racist!:p

ScottH
16th June 2009, 05:31 PM
That's a bit racist!:p
Not from a Mexican.

goswannie14
16th June 2009, 05:32 PM
Not from a Mexican.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes::p

Cheer Squad
16th June 2009, 11:10 PM

Roos has delivered the one thing we all wanted.

Who could replace him?

Frog
17th June 2009, 10:47 AM
Roos has delivered the one thing we all wanted.
Yes, his work in the backline that day was fantastic - all those match saving marks ... his work in the midfield outstanding, none of the opposition were as fast and tenacious as he was ... and his goals were the catalyst ... they got us in front on the scoreboard and kept us there ...

I'm sure the AFL was happy to only have to mint a single medal that year ...

;)

Industrial Fan
19th June 2009, 10:22 AM
Is this Laidley before he started coaching? (on the left)

YouTube - Bernd das Brot - Wetter - Kralle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0wlDZKe8Tg)