PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it

dimelb
19th June 2009, 11:28 PM
Eddie's on board!

Swans need cap concessions: Roos - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/79065/default.aspx)

Goal Sneak
20th June 2009, 12:21 AM
Unbelievable! He has easily been the most high profile person to speak out about the unfairness of our draft concessions over the years. When I think about all pissing and moaning he's done, that is quite an about-face. Anyway, I guess it's good to have him on our side with such an important issue.

liz
20th June 2009, 12:34 AM
Eddie actually changed his tune a couple of years back. When they restructured (ie reduced) the Swans' and Lions' salary cap concessions, he spoke out in favour of the Swans retaining their COL allowance (as opposed to the "go home factor" allowance that both clubs nominally got).

I am not sure how much the timing of that coincided with his stint up in Sydney.

Hartijon
20th June 2009, 08:13 AM
Eddie actually changed his tune a couple of years back. When they restructured (ie reduced) the Swans' and Lions' salary cap concessions, he spoke out in favour of the Swans retaining their COL allowance (as opposed to the "go home factor" allowance that both clubs nominally got).

I am not sure how much the timing of that coincided with his stint up in Sydney.
Wish we had someone like Eddie! Plenty of knockers but he gets the club in the news and markets it so well this way.