PDA

View Full Version : Evidence that RWO is overly negative

ROK Lobster
11th July 2009, 06:00 PM
RWO Swans Chat - RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2&daysprune=30&order=desc&sort=views)

Legs Akimbo
11th July 2009, 06:04 PM
RWO is not negative...

Ooops, help me, I'm stuck in a logical paradox!

Bloody Hell
11th July 2009, 06:08 PM
To be fair it's been a pretty @@@@ week.

JF_Bay22_SCG
11th July 2009, 06:12 PM
RWO is not negative...

Ooops, help me, I'm stuck in a logical paradox!

I'm surprised people are still angry & upset at the way we played today. We looked ragged & weren't good enough, pure & simple.

I'm not really even that upset. Rather fatalistic that with the amount of old slow players still playing regularly in the side the sun is setting on the team. Given we have a salary cap AND draft, things are going to be cyclical. Just how good we are recruiting & drafting-wise will see how long our rebuilding will be.

JF

satchmopugdog
11th July 2009, 06:39 PM
Agree..didn't really want to come onhere as I knew people would be whinging...but hereI am..Thinking Barlow seems to be improving,Goodesy took some good marks. Still not as bad as 92,93

DST
11th July 2009, 11:53 PM
As usual the effort was there from the team as a whole and you can't slag them off for that.

Really starting to show that we lack pace across the 22, but that will come next year when a number of youngsters will be introduced into the team.

As long as the effort remains, you can't be upset.

DST
:D

swantastic
12th July 2009, 12:43 AM
RWO Swans Chat - RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2&daysprune=30&order=desc&sort=views)this coming from the king of negativity.

DeadlyAkkuret
12th July 2009, 04:10 AM
RWO Swans Chat - RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2&daysprune=30&order=desc&sort=views)

Shouldn't this be a link to your Roos thread? Or perhaps just every thread you've ever started?

stellation
12th July 2009, 09:32 AM
Shouldn't this be a link to your Roos thread? Or perhaps just every thread you've ever started?
Just out of interest, I thought I'd do a quick search to highlight that "one man's thoughtful discussion is another man's negativity"- please don't take this as a swipe at you, DA; it's purely to show that perhaps people start threads to start discussion, and should not simply then be viewed as solely negative.

Perhaps, at times, people (and this is most definitely not just you, DA) take things too seriously.

The proposal: offered by DeadlyAkkuret- ROK_lobster starts negative threads
My theory: "one man's thoughtful discussion is another man's negativity"- I'm sure we can see something that could be perceived as negative being posted by most people at some point, including threads that they have started.
The quick test of the theory: search back for 5 threads started by another poster to see if the intention of any of the threads can be viewed as negative. I've decided to search on threads started by DeadlyAkkuret.

Keep in mind that by "negative thread" here, I am simply refering to a thread that could be viewed as negative in its intent by some posters.

Negative threads
Facing some home truths (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28053)
Bevan: How long has he got? (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27809)

Non-negative threads
Sydney's Most Improved (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27966)
LRT the Rapper? (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27791)
Wanted: Game against Freo last year (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27538)

ROK Lobster
12th July 2009, 10:38 AM
this coming from the king of negativity.Did you follow the link?

Cardinal
12th July 2009, 10:47 AM
I just watched a replay of the game. If you think things are negative now I can't wait to see the excitement when we have three years of being thumped whilst playing all these youngsters who RWO have been crying for.

Primmy
12th July 2009, 11:25 AM
I just watched a replay of the game. If you think things are negative now I can't wait to see the excitement when we have three years of being thumped whilst playing all these youngsters who RWO have been crying for.

(five)

Gold Cardinal.

I have had my fair share of negativity and will probably continue with this for a bit, but things do change.

Me wanting to put Cheese under the grill and turn it up high have been put on the backburner (oh dear), he has improved markedly, even tackling, yes he did, I saw him.

And Reg didn't annoy me this game. Or the last one come to think of it. It is very disconcerting. I am having to change my mind at a rate far too rapid for me.

I do believe I even gave Ted the Bear a cheer too.

OK, its a rebuilding phase, and its going to be awful without the usual suspects, but its what happens. But we have already gone through the no Kell, Plugger, Dunks, Shaubs, Willo, Cressa, Schwatta phase and survived. That is why I make the effort to come to the ressies games, it gives me a fair idea of where we are heading and how the kids improve each week. Got a few tasty little treats in store.

pinkemu
12th July 2009, 11:26 AM
The Bombers game day thread is a great example of the negative nancy syndrome that infects RWO.

ScottH
12th July 2009, 11:50 AM
The Bombers game day thread is a great example of the negative nancy syndrome that infects RWO.

Always negative during a loss.
Only partially negative during a win.

ernie koala
12th July 2009, 01:56 PM
It all depends how you see it, as Stellation has said.
Negative or realistic....Optimistic or dellusional ...Or is it just a bit of fun stirring the ants nest?

Dogzbody
12th July 2009, 08:32 PM
....well everyone better HTFU because we are about to start on the next premiership tilt...and I seriously hope that some people round here have some patience and integrity otherwise it will get ugly!

Me personally.... I am excited, but I am an aquariast so I understand the value of a good cycle...;)

573v30
12th July 2009, 08:41 PM
Given how the Swans have been playing for the past 6 or so weeks, it's hard NOT to be negative. :mad:

Big Al
12th July 2009, 09:12 PM
Take away the serial pests who are in it to stir up as much trouble as possible (best to ignore them which starves them of fuel), I think posters on RWO are genuinely passionate about the Swans and are entitled to their opinion whether it be positive or negative.

Big Al
12th July 2009, 09:43 PM

The Game day thread isn't a good example because most posts are written in the heat of the moment. I know I can be quite scathing at the game when we are going poorly but often soften after the event. (Except on Ablett, I stand by my rantings at the game;)

pinkemu
12th July 2009, 09:53 PM
The Game day thread isn't a good example because most posts are written in the heat of the moment. I know I can be quite scathing at the game when we are going poorly but often soften after the event. (Except on Ablett, I stand by my rantings at the game;)

I disagree, the game day thread shows the true colors of the poster, like when you're at the game and some nob behind you is booing his team off the ground. That person is still a nob after the game is over.

Big Al
12th July 2009, 10:08 PM
I disagree, the game day thread shows the true colors of the poster, like when you're at the game and some nob behind you is booing his team off the ground. That person is still a nob after the game is over.

I am from all reports a nice enough bloke but have on occasion at the footy given the team a fair spray (I am also just as effusive with good play as well) because I put emotion into watching my team and my disappointment comes out at times. That's why when I read back some of the comments in the Match Day Thread I know exactly where some of them are coming from.

Dalai Lama
13th July 2009, 03:11 PM
Will we go back to the good old days?

Brisbane defeats Sydney
Round 8, Sunday, 16th May 1993

Brisbane Lions 33.21 219
Sydney Swans 8.9 57

pinkemu
13th July 2009, 03:38 PM
I am from all reports a nice enough bloke but have on occasion at the footy given the team a fair spray (I am also just as effusive with good play as well) because I put emotion into watching my team and my disappointment comes out at times. That's why when I read back some of the comments in the Match Day Thread I know exactly where some of them are coming from.

It's one thing to have a spray within seconds of the incident causing the spray. But to be able to carry that down ones neck through ones arms and out ones finger tips to connect to ones computer keyboard is a little pre-meditated.
It reminds me of that old fella Philip Hardey from Adelaide on "The Chaser" who has to send constant complaint letters to Aunty because he is sooo discusted.

I'm sure your a nice guy BA but I'm not refering about you

reigning premier
13th July 2009, 03:38 PM
Will we go back to the good old days?

Brisbane defeats Sydney
Round 8, Sunday, 16th May 1993

Brisbane Lions 33.21 219
Sydney Swans 8.9 57

Where are we going to get 8 goals from???

reigning premier
13th July 2009, 03:41 PM
It's one thing to have a spray within seconds of the incident causing the spray. But to be able to carry that down ones neck through ones arms and out ones finger tips to connect to ones computer keyboard is a little pre-meditated.
It reminds me of that old fella Philip Hardey from Adelaide on "The Chaser" who has to send constant complaint letters to Aunty because he is sooo discusted.

I'm sure your a nice guy BA but I'm not refering about you

I think your potential is wasted here. Far to insightful for RWO. Surely there must be another forum somewhere that you'll be much more comfortable with?? Us nuff nuffs are only dragging you down. Go and be all you can be.

pinkemu
13th July 2009, 03:55 PM
I think your potential is wasted here. Far to insightful for RWO. Surely there must be another forum somewhere that you'll be much more comfortable with?? Us nuff nuffs are only dragging you down. Go and be all you can be.

No, not at all, I think I'm rather comfortable here, my potential has always been limited so RWO seems the obvious place to hang out and disagree with lots of lovely people like yourself.

Chin up RP don't be so hard on yourself.

Dalai Lama
13th July 2009, 03:57 PM
Where are we going to get 8 goals from???

LRT - Bullwinkle the goal sneak will slot a couple?

reigning premier
13th July 2009, 04:32 PM
No, not at all, I think I'm rather comfortable here, my potential has always been limited so RWO seems the obvious place to hang out and disagree with lots of lovely people like yourself.

Chin up RP don't be so hard on yourself.

At least you know your limitations.

reigning premier
13th July 2009, 04:33 PM
LRT - Bullwinkle the goal sneak will slot a couple?

So the fwd line at the opening bounce wasn't an aborration??? It's the FUTURE!!!!......

For those that missed it;

LRT, Bevan and Ted were the highlights..... :eek:

pinkemu
13th July 2009, 05:17 PM
At least you know your limitations.

Although after your praise earlier I'm starting to think I have more to offer.