PDA

View Full Version : Mattner still looking at finals

ScottH
19th July 2009, 03:44 PM
Mattner still looking at finals (http://sydneyswans.com.au/tabid/7106/default.aspx?newsid=80931)

Marty Mattner is one Swans who hasn't given up on making the top eight in 2009

4th week in a row a player has said we'll make the eight.
6 games to go, times running out.

Nico
19th July 2009, 05:04 PM
Now it is really official, we are tanking.

DeadlyAkkuret
19th July 2009, 05:14 PM
Mattner will be looking at finals, on his tv when the Crows are playing.

Robbo
19th July 2009, 05:19 PM
Give it up Marty jesus. A bit of realism would be nice.

top40
19th July 2009, 07:45 PM
To quote from that great Australian movie "The Castle",

"Tell 'im he's dreamin"

i'm-uninformed2
19th July 2009, 08:18 PM
I want what he is smoking

10Totti10
19th July 2009, 08:33 PM
geez. Some people gotta have hope. I can guarentee u that not ONE player performs sub par just to get his team draft picks. Every player goes into a game wanting to win. Some coaches may try and stop this but Roos isn't that kind ogf guy. Mattner still believes and as long as the team believes I still believe. The thing that has stopped me from beliving in wining is the fact that Roos gave up last week.

Bloody Hell
19th July 2009, 08:39 PM
Do they realise they have to win to make finals.

pinkemu
19th July 2009, 09:00 PM
On ya Marty, That's the spirit, I wouldn't expect anything else. I'm "surprised" the supporters have given up with 6 rounds to go.

Or am I?

Cardinal
19th July 2009, 10:48 PM
If we hadn't just lost 6 out of 7 or whatever it was I'd be as optimistic as anyone. But even this long odds punter needs to see something he can hang his hat on if he's going to make a call like we can still make the finals.

ScottH
19th July 2009, 10:57 PM
The swans are petitioning the AFL to extend the 2009 season, until the swans are in the 8.

SwansFan1972
19th July 2009, 11:06 PM
One or the other of them has been "looking to the finals" every week for the past ten or so - was ROK last week.

Maybe that's why the focus on the job at hand has been a little bit off ... ;)

It does still apply for some however - those who Roosy decides to rotate through the ressies are a chance for some finals action! :p

Industrial Fan
19th July 2009, 11:52 PM
He'll be on three strikes in no time.

ScottH
20th July 2009, 07:24 AM
He'll be on three strikes in no time.

:D

Dalai Lama
20th July 2009, 09:07 AM
If Matner reckons we're finals bound - why's he run out of the back line and spray it on the full?

sharp9
20th July 2009, 09:16 AM
A few too many players "looking to the finals" for my liking. Perhaps if they'd taken it "one week at a time" we night have actually won some games. :D

Jeffers1984
20th July 2009, 09:23 AM
Marty should keep looking, in fact get a search party to help him out cause he's go No chance of finding it.

LMAO at Industrial Fan's comment. Gold!

Trickster
20th July 2009, 03:44 PM
geez. Some people gotta have hope. I can guarentee u that not ONE player performs sub par just to get his team draft picks. Every player goes into a game wanting to win. Some coaches may try and stop this but Roos isn't that kind ogf guy. Mattner still believes and as long as the team believes I still believe. The thing that has stopped me from beliving in wining is the fact that Roos gave up last week.

McVeigh said something similar not long ago, about how the whole point of the season is to play finals and any player good enough to play professional AFL is not going to underplay just so they can have a better draft pick. Roos would never ask his team to deliberately underperform.
I have to agree with you, every week I believe that the Boys will win, if they believe that they can make the finals, then why would I doubt that?

Bleed Red Blood
20th July 2009, 04:10 PM
McVeigh said something similar not long ago, about how the whole point of the season is to play finals and any player good enough to play professional AFL is not going to underplay just so they can have a better draft pick. Roos would never ask his team to deliberately underperform.
I have to agree with you, every week I believe that the Boys will win, if they believe that they can make the finals, then why would I doubt that?

'Cause only eight teams can play finals.

Lucky Knickers
20th July 2009, 04:30 PM
A few too many players "looking to the finals" for my liking. Perhaps if they'd taken it "one week at a time" we night have actually won some games. :D
Shame the "one week at a time" they were worried about is Monday nights at 7.30pm on OneHD! :D
Seriously tho' I'd be ashamed if they weren't trying everything on the slim chance that we could snag ourselves into 8th.

AnnieH
20th July 2009, 04:32 PM
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Love ya work Marty!!!

Hazcam
20th July 2009, 04:55 PM
Cocaine is one hell of a drug, I'm Rick James bitch

Wardy
22nd July 2009, 01:49 PM
Poor old Marty obviously hasnt seen the draw for the next 6 weeks (or he still has last years fixture card in his wallet;) ) we have a chance to win 2 maybe 3 at best in the next 6 weeks. Still the upside is the money to be saved by not having to fork out for finals tickets and added expenses.

Jewels
22nd July 2009, 03:40 PM
Poor old Marty obviously hasnt seen the draw for the next 6 weeks (or he still has last years fixture card in his wallet;) ) we have a chance to win 2 maybe 3 at best in the next 6 weeks. Still the upside is the money to be saved by not having to fork out for finals tickets and added expenses.

That's exactly how I'm looking at it Wardy!

ernie koala
22nd July 2009, 04:17 PM
This week looks 50/50 to me. And if Bevo plays and goes to Jurrah it's 90/10 in the Dees' favour.:(