PDA

View Full Version : Leaping Leo

ScottH
10th August 2009, 01:43 PM
to return this week.

Leo leaps into selection frame - Breaking News - Fox Sports (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25908052-23210,00.html)

ugg
10th August 2009, 01:48 PM
Possibly
In: Leo
Out: Macca

Where will he be playing? The reserves report said he was playing at fullback yesterday. Bolton, Grundy and LRT have been playing very well, and the Cats don't have a big forward line. White, O'Loughlin and Goodes was a great combination yesterday, and I still have bad memories of Leo playing up forward :D

Lucky Knickers
10th August 2009, 01:52 PM
Let's play him in the middle :D :D :D !

AnnieH
10th August 2009, 02:16 PM
Possibly
In: Leo
Out: Macca

Where will he be playing? The reserves report said he was playing at fullback yesterday. Bolton, Grundy and LRT have been playing very well, and the Cats don't have a big forward line. White, O'Loughlin and Goodes was a great combination yesterday, and I still have bad memories of Leo playing up forward :D

What's wrong with Macca????

I'd rather see Ablett or Barlow given the heave-ho.

ScottH
10th August 2009, 02:18 PM

Macca injured himself, and is very doubtful.

ugg
10th August 2009, 02:18 PM
Macca injured himself, and is very doubtful.
Very doubtful to play again this season. No chance for next week.

Primmy
10th August 2009, 02:48 PM
Leo used to be a very handy forward. So wing, heading towards goals perhaps. Wouldn't want to mess with the established backline at this stage.

Macca's suspect hammy came unstuck. Apparently he gave the back of the dugout a beating with his fist, a very specific indication of how bad things are.

dimelb
10th August 2009, 04:21 PM
Is there an injury management problem here? What was Macca doing playing with a suspect hammy? This was the ideal match to give him a week off.

BSA5
10th August 2009, 04:26 PM

Barlow's been in great form recently. He had a shocker yesterday, but even in the second half he started to work himself back into it. He's a confidence player, and needs to know that even if he has the occasional bad game he's got a spot for the time being. It was once the selectors showed some faith in him and played him for a few games in the first place that his form took a turn for the better. The main thing a confidence player like Barlow needs is a bit of security.

Donners
10th August 2009, 05:00 PM
Barlow's been getting 17+ touches a game for the last couple of months, as well as being a regular goal scorer. He's not going anywhere.

RogueSwan
10th August 2009, 05:25 PM
Is there an injury management problem here? What was Macca doing playing with a suspect hammy? This was the ideal match to give him a week off.

see here (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28331)

dimelb
10th August 2009, 06:15 PM
see here (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28331)
Thanks RS, I was away on holidays and didn't see that item. And now BSA5 had better duck!
It's frustrating, after all the care that has gone into soft tissue injuries in the Misson years, to have this sort of injury when (as far as I can tell from a distance) it needn't happen and Macca could've had more time to R&R.

Go Swannies
10th August 2009, 06:21 PM

I've been very down on Luke over the past few weeks but you couldn't complain about his game yesterday. His goal kicking was woeful but he wasn't alone there. One of his best games in recent weeks.

Triple B
10th August 2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks RS, I was away on holidays and didn't see that item. And now BSA5 had better duck!
It's frustrating, after all the care that has gone into soft tissue injuries in the Misson years, to have this sort of injury when (as far as I can tell from a distance) it needn't happen and Macca could've had more time to R&R.

That article was from a month ago. He has played 4 games since his return.

What's your point?

dimelb
10th August 2009, 10:47 PM
That article was from a month ago. He has played 4 games since his return.

What's your point?
My point is that it didn't happen completely out of the blue, there had been some kind of warning, and I wonder who, if anyone, was monitoring it? And now we are without our most recent best-and-fairest when we still have slim chance of finals appearance again.
But to revert to topic - I'll be glad to see Leo get another run in the team before he goes.

Triple B
10th August 2009, 10:55 PM
Hammy's are probably the most recurring injury unfortunately, but you can't keep them out for 2 months 'just to be sure'. The fact he has successfully been back a month suggests it was more bad luck than bad management.

I agree with the thoughts on Leo. He's been a terrific clubman and absolutely deserves a sendoff. I guess while we are in this precarious position of still being in finals contention, they need to make sure it is not at the detriment to the team, but it would be a crying shame for him to go out without playing a seniors game in his final season due to injury.

hot potato
11th August 2009, 12:03 AM
Leo back in the ONES..... mmmmmmm ..... that would be hard to bear.

HP

reigning premier
11th August 2009, 11:15 AM
Barlow's been getting 17+ touches a game for the last couple of months, as well as being a regular goal scorer. He's not going anywhere.

And turning the ball over 15 + times a game too. He was horrendous on Sunday. @@@.

Played OK against the Saints but that's been about it.

bigswan
11th August 2009, 11:40 AM
If we can get back to Leo Barry, the question is where will they play him. It might be on the half back line in place of Shaw who might move into the midfield.

Go Swannies
11th August 2009, 12:02 PM
Just three more games left to ever see Leo do one of his bizarre kamikaze runs through traffic out of the backline! I'd be about as excited to see that as us playing finals this year.

How sad is R22 going to be? The last time with Leo doing Leo things at one end of the ground and Magic weaving his spell at the other. I've been really excited to see the potential in the kids but it will be gut wrenching to realise that will be the last time we'll ever see these two run out in red and white.

Captain
11th August 2009, 12:11 PM
If we can get back to Leo Barry, the question is where will they play him. It might be on the half back line in place of Shaw who might move into the midfield.

Easy - play him as a loose man to fill the hole in front of Hawkins, Mooney and Co. Good replacement for Super Ted.

If Grundy or LRT are getting smashed he could switch and take Mooney or Hawkins (assuming Bolton gets Johnson).

Jewels
11th August 2009, 01:07 PM
Easy - play him as a loose man to fill the hole in front of Hawkins, Mooney and Co. Good replacement for Super Ted.

If Grundy or LRT are getting smashed he could switch and take Mooney or Hawkins (assuming Bolton gets Johnson).

That seems the most logical idea to me. I think we've missed the likes of Teddy filling the gap