PDA

View Full Version : I can't get any work done

Bart
15th September 2003, 10:59 AM
I am refreshing RWO every two minutes searching, seeking, reassuring, scaring myself stupid.

I feel physically ill.

Reckon I can get a sick cert for PMT (Pre Match Tension)

anniswan
15th September 2003, 11:13 AM
I am exactly the same, to the point that I also can't sleep as I keep thinking about it. I had about 4 hours sleep last night, not functioning very well at work either.

Ajn
15th September 2003, 11:18 AM
How bad was the weekend, I didn't know what to do. I almost wished the Swans had to play on the weekend, cause it felt a little empty. This is a massive chance for us!

Rod_
15th September 2003, 11:18 AM
Pleased that I'm not the only one........

Excited to the max

Rod_

Sid
15th September 2003, 11:49 AM
I'm extremely nervous even though theres still quite a few days to go. I'll be sweating on game day.

juliec
15th September 2003, 12:24 PM
I cant think about anything else at the moment,,,,, every now and then "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT" just pops out of my mouth,, just for no reason.

GO SWANNIES

dawson
15th September 2003, 12:30 PM
I will spend the first part of Game Day in synagogue praying for the Swans.

Apart from that will try and re-enact what I did in 1996.

juliec
15th September 2003, 12:32 PM
Never in my wildest dreams did I ever really believe what I wrote at the beginning of the year on the bottom of all my posts would come this close to being reality :eek:

" FINGERS CROSSED SWANS PREMIERSHIP 2003"

:eek: :eek:

juliec
15th September 2003, 12:35 PM
Dawson,,, Dont try tooooooooo hard to renact things from 1996, we need a different result, do a couple of things a little different:D I just really need to get game on Saturday night underway:eek:

floppinab
15th September 2003, 01:27 PM
I don't believe it........... babysitter has bailed and I've drawn the short straw yet again, so I'll be staying home on Sat. night while the wife goes along (also pennance for going to the '96 Prelim leaving her at home).

anniswan
15th September 2003, 01:31 PM
Can't you take the kid(s)

floppinab
15th September 2003, 01:39 PM
Little one is about 18 months Lizz, it's just too late for him, we'll spend more time looking after him than watching the footy, I was praying for a day game knowing full well it wouldn't happen.

anniswan
15th September 2003, 01:53 PM
know the feeling, I didn't start taking my kids to the footy till they were old enough to find their way to the toilet by themselves, even then they still get lost sometimes. :D

jixygirl
15th September 2003, 01:54 PM
Ever since it was certain that Brisbane will play against Sydney on Saturday. I've hardly been able to do anything, I am soooooo nervous. I also think that I'm making myself sick because I don't want to become sick. Only two more games and we've got the premiership!

Schneidergirl
15th September 2003, 02:01 PM
It's an amazing feeling!!! :D

I love the build up to the BIG games. Really looking forward to it!

Can't stop singing... "I love night football"- I do prefer Sunday matches though.

GO YOU MIGHTY SWANNIES!!!

sharp9
15th September 2003, 02:02 PM
What work? Work doesn't exist this week does it?

JudesaGun
15th September 2003, 02:05 PM
Can't work anyway...but know what you mean!!

I'm just soo proud of teh boys but don't want them just to think "Yeah this has been a great year and we're happy just giving it a good shot on Saturday"

We CAN win this!! WIN IT ALL!!

jixygirl
15th September 2003, 02:16 PM
Of course we can win this week and next week as well!!!! The school holidays start next week so if Sydney win (which can happen), I'll be going to the parade, Swans training in Melbourne, everything, which will make me even more nervous!

Mike_B
15th September 2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dawson

Not being quite as observant, I'll be doing that NEXT Saturday. Ahhh the joys of being a Jewish football fan this year - AFL GF on New Year, NRL GF on Day of Atonement!

dawson
15th September 2003, 02:55 PM
Im not nervous now at all - just enjoying it and soaking it all in.
Enjoying what will be our finest hour.

Put it this way - When we win the flag, you won't be able to enjoy it as the season is already over and then you wish you could have been more chilled in these final moments.

So make the most of these last 12 days before the flag is ours.

Syd
15th September 2003, 04:07 PM
I'm off to Brissie for a week for work from Monday so it will either be a very good week or a very bad wek depending on the result!

All my customers know I'm a rabid Swans fan and a few of them have been into me already this week.

C'mon boys save my trip!

Dpw
15th September 2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Syd
I'm off to Brissie for a week for work from Monday so it will either be a very good week or a very bad wek depending on the result!

All my customers know I'm a rabid Swans fan and a few of them have been into me already this week.

C'mon boys save my trip!

Goodluck, you won't need it.:D

Bron
15th September 2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by juliec
I cant think about anything else at the moment,,,,, every now and then "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT" just pops out of my mouth,, just for no reason.

GO SWANNIES

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

You must believe. Don't undo all our good belief work. If you want not to believe, go find something else not to believe in!

j s
15th September 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by dawson
What time is sunset?

Sanecow
15th September 2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Bron
You must believe. Don't undo all our good belief work. If you want not to believe, go find something else not to believe in!

If you think someone else's attitude can change what will happen, it doesn't sound like you really believe.

dawson
15th September 2003, 08:24 PM
6.30pm - hence I am missing the pre-game get together

JF_Bay22_SCG
15th September 2003, 08:48 PM
I have to roll my eyes ironically at this thread, as indeed I totally stuffed up somebody's booking on Friday. The worst thing was that they were Swans supporters up from Melbourne, and I booked them in to their hotel last Saturday.

My bitchy queen of a supervisor (a total football-ignoramus) snapped, "You should be concentrating on your work and not talking about football for once."

To me that is like waving a red rag at a bull. Even if he is actually totally 200% correct.:frown

Nice to know I'm not the only one going through this.

Heaven help me next week. :rolleyes: :confused:

JF

BAM_BAM
15th September 2003, 09:06 PM
just back from Coffs and I've been the same. I found myself smiling to drivers as we past them. My mind on the win we'll have this weekend and not trying to pick up the fellow motorists.

It can't come fast enough. My manager is back from 6 weeks leave today, so tomorrow I probably wont be able to check in as much as have been recently:( but where there's a will there's a way. It can be done.

JF_Bay22_SCG
15th September 2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Not being quite as observant, I'll be doing that NEXT Saturday. Ahhh the joys of being a Jewish football fan this year - AFL GF on New Year, NRL GF on Day of Atonement!

Didn't know you were Jewish Mike. However I DID have my suspicions when you didn't turn up to the Melbourne match on Anzac Day mate! :p

It is nice to see people feel safe about airing portions of their personal life on this forum without fear of retribution.

Yeah, us! Yeah, RWO!

JF

maxfactor
15th September 2003, 09:11 PM
I just wish everyone at work would stop asking me what we all think is the most stupid question in the world - "can the win this week ?"
What do they think I'm going to say - idiots !:rolleyes:

scurrilous
15th September 2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by anniswan
know the feeling, I didn't start taking my kids to the footy till they were old enough to find their way to the toilet by themselves, even then they still get lost sometimes. :D And that's why you keep taking them to the footy! :D You can only hope AS. BTW don't let Phil wind you up so much :)

swansrock4eva
15th September 2003, 11:42 PM
I have the pleasure of wandering to my car with Ryan O'Keefe on Monday nights after uni and i didn't see him last week (skipped class to go home and study) but today we were talking and I said how I hadn't expected a win against port and he just laughed at me. I had to explain how I'm used to us not getting so far after 10 years and that you hope for the best but expect the worst and that finals time was no different! He laughed again and said it would be different and he'd prolly see me during the week and to keep being excited and then we got to our cars. We also walked near where the randwick dead bodies were too, just for a change of scenery (and I think i may have walked past them this morning too :O)...

liz
16th September 2003, 12:45 AM
Gem

do you have any news from the horse's mouth on whether he'll be in Sydney next year? I so want him to stay with the Swans. Any chance you can go to work on him (if he needs it)?!!

swansrock4eva
16th September 2003, 12:57 AM
I tend to try to avoid being a groupie around him and sunny - at uni it's more abt being at uni than abt footy player and footy supporter if that makes any sense - we only talk abt footy when he tends to start the convos :p From what he says he sounds fairly settled though, but I'll try to have a work after the season is done.

coco
16th September 2003, 04:55 PM
I just had to put my 2c worth in...I have 3 uni assessments due before the GF...how the hell am i going to manage? All I can think about are Swans which isn't a bad thing but I do need to concentrate on other things.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to help me out or am i just a lost cause?

:confused:

BAM_BAM
16th September 2003, 04:57 PM
ask for an extension Coco. it's your only hope:)

swansrock4eva
16th September 2003, 11:32 PM
I somehow managed to wrangle a 4 week extension on an assignment once the swans made the finals :eek: No idea how though... screwed my midsems last week though cos I was so excited abt beating Port that i forgot i had to study :(
I have an exam next wednesday but i think i can do ok with that i hope!

penga
17th September 2003, 12:12 AM
ive had 3 mid sems so far this week with another tomorrow and an assignment due on thursday, im STRUGGLING :confused: :frown thankfully, ive only got one assessment next week, a little bit of breathing room :rolleyes:

Cher
17th September 2003, 12:14 AM
I had a karate class tonight and just could not concentrate (that might be why i know have an icepack out).
No idea how I'll cope with my karate exam on Sunday afternoon when I'm just sooo excited about the Grand Final.

j s
17th September 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Cher
I had a karate class tonight and just could not concentrate (that might be why i know have an icepack out).
No idea how I'll cope with my karate exam on Sunday afternoon when I'm just sooo excited about the Grand Final.
Blame PMT!!

(Pre Match Tension, Post Match Transcendance or Post Match Trauma, whichever seems most appropriate)

JF_Bay22_SCG
17th September 2003, 08:17 AM
September is the worst time at our work, as everyone is planning summer holidays. We are short-staffed as well.

I lost it yesterday. My nerves are on a knife's edge as is. Not the time to place me under even more stress. :frown

I then bolted off and bought $60 of material so we have have 2 new big flags for Saturday night.

JF

jixygirl
17th September 2003, 09:10 AM
I'm supposed to be training for the upcoming cricket season but I'm too excited about the footy. I'm hoping that when I go to training on Sunday afternoon, I'll be able to say "I'm going to the 2003 AFL Grand Final!!!!" It's all soo exciting!

JF_Bay22_SCG
17th September 2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM
ask for an extension Coco. it's your only hope:)

That only works if you go to Macquarie Uni-the "resort university".

JF :p

coco
17th September 2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
That only works if you go to Macquarie Uni-the "resort university".

JF :p

How Funny - I do go to MacResort!! LOL

I could get an extension from just one of my lecturers who is a mad Swans fan, the other two are mean, old ladies who don't appreciate footy!

sharpie
17th September 2003, 01:51 PM
Or Club Mac as it is commonly known

Casey36
17th September 2003, 07:11 PM
I felt boored on the weekend with no game played by the Swans. But whoever we would've versed we would've flogged!

Go the SWANS!!!:p