PDA

View Full Version : Photos - Jets vs Goannas (Syd AFL Div 3 & 4), 22/08/09

desredandwhite
24th August 2009, 01:21 PM
Wandered down to Bensons Lane for the first time in ages to take some shots and heckle pekay (always fun!).

Photos Here (http://losfp.smugmug.com/Footy/Jets-v-Goannas-220809/9362853_gPdMW)

Not a great day out for Parramatta - the agregate score from the two games I watched was 478 to 1!

Hawknik
24th August 2009, 01:30 PM
Not a great day out for Parramatta - the agregate score from the two games I watched was 478 to 1!

OUCH #$$@#@ That has to hurt.

And it gives Nor West the Div 3 Minor Premiership and their guy leading goalkicker after he bagged 9. Not bad. (clap)

What has happened to Parra?? :confused:

BeeEmmAre
24th August 2009, 06:31 PM
Great stuff Des, the photos look great.
Would be nice if you conveniently deleted the couple of reserves' pics that have the fat bloke in yellow in them :o

As for the matches, we can't take a lot out of them. Parra was badly undermanned in both grades and looked like they were hanging out for the end of the season whereas we had a lot of blokes that are trying to secure spots in the 44 for next week and they were desperate to play well.
Our hats go off to the Goannas who at least made the effort to put teams on the field knowing they were likely to get badly beaten and they tried hard all day, when they could have taken the soft option and forfeited.
Our blokes know full well that the real stuff starts this week and the previous 18 rounds now mean absolutely nothing.

Pekay
24th August 2009, 06:37 PM
Surprised you actually got a pic of Doormat with the footy in his hands, rather than preening himself and watching every move i make. Gonna frame it and put it next to the throne.

tara
24th August 2009, 07:03 PM
OUCH #$$@#@ That has to hurt.

And it gives Nor West the Div 3 Minor Premiership and their guy leading goalkicker after he bagged 9. Not bad. (clap)

What has happened to Parra?? :confused:

As BMR said Parra didnt take the soft option and put two teams on the paddock - also remember that these sides are Parra seconds and thirds.

Shotties
24th August 2009, 11:04 PM
What are the pink/magenta/hawiian sunset socks for?

BeeEmmAre
25th August 2009, 02:43 AM
True tara, I did forget to mention that the Goanna teams were in fact their second and third teams - their seniors are still handy and will play in the finals this week.

Shotties - Saturday was our Breast Cancer day, with all players wearing pink socks to raise money for the McGrath Foundation.
I don't have a final figure but from what I've heard we would have raised somewhere in the vicinity of $600-700 for the cause.

The socks will make another appearance in the second semi final of Division Three on Saturday to help separate the clash between ourselves and the Bulldogs.

Norris Lurker
25th August 2009, 09:35 AM
Awesome photos Des.

Hawknik
25th August 2009, 09:39 AM
Surprised you actually got a pic of Doormat with the footy in his hands, rather than preening himself and watching every move i make. Gonna frame it and put it next to the throne.

...and which photo is of doormat???:rolleyes:

BeeEmmAre
25th August 2009, 10:39 AM
...and which photo is of doormat???:rolleyes:

That one.