PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd

i'm-uninformed2
30th August 2009, 12:39 AM
How nice is it to know that such a pretty boy, softie, tool and allround first class A-grade **** will miss the Bombers first final in years for the ultimate cheap shot?

I am going to write a letter of congratulations to him, and a letter of thanks to Brad Sewell for being the unwitting victim of the highlight of the season now the Swans are gone.

alison.z
30th August 2009, 12:42 AM
Agreed. Hate him - it was a dog act too!!!!

i'm-uninformed2
30th August 2009, 12:49 AM
Oh - and forgot to say. Great karma for all those dives.

ugg
30th August 2009, 12:50 AM
Should be 3-4 weeks. Add one for being sanctimonious.

alison.z
30th August 2009, 12:53 AM
Add another for being Lloyd - hope he retires so i don't have to see him again!!

Lohengrin
30th August 2009, 12:53 AM
Bye bye Harry Highpants! Won't play again this year.

AnnieH
30th August 2009, 04:06 AM
Sucked in.
I hope their QC's are as good as ours.

i'm-uninformed2
30th August 2009, 09:08 AM
Add another for being Lloyd - hope he retires so i don't have to see him again!!

Hope he plays again given Campbell Brown's comments after the game. . .

liz
30th August 2009, 10:03 AM
Lloyd is probably in my top 5 least favourite players. That said, what I saw wasn't a "dog act". I saw it as a collision between two players going for the ball. Sewell got there first and was collected by Lloyd. No doubt he will get suspended but Lloyd didn't line him up to bump him and there was a fair amount of "accident" about the contest.

i'm-uninformed2
30th August 2009, 10:33 AM
Lloyd is probably in my top 5 least favourite players. That said, what I saw wasn't a "dog act". I saw it as a collision between two players going for the ball. Sewell got there first and was collected by Lloyd. No doubt he will get suspended but Lloyd didn't line him up to bump him and there was a fair amount of "accident" about the contest.

Sorry, but Lloyd made no effort to go for the ball and Lloyd did line him right up, knowing Sewell was down going for the ball.

His final game of footy - no goals, a cheap shot and missing finals.

No wonder the bloke never earnt respect.

ROK Lobster
30th August 2009, 10:33 AM

Agreed. I do not like Lloyd at all but he has never been a thug. Lloyd may have been reckless but did not appear to be malicious.

Lucky Knickers
30th August 2009, 11:02 AM
Gees Campbell Brown's was a bit OTT. Pot Kettle Black.

Norris Lurker
30th August 2009, 11:07 AM
Hawthorn are whinging, whining sore losers; not for the first time. I'd like to see Lloyd get off just to see the Hawks have another whinge.

Emerald Hill
30th August 2009, 12:38 PM

Absolutely right!

Campbell Brown and his dad, Mal, were on Melbourne TV a couple of weeks ago having a good old chuckle about Mal Brown's violent reputation in "the olden days". Seems it's ok for your dad to run around punching players in the head but someone who takes out your teammate is a sniper. Hypocrite!

laughingnome
30th August 2009, 12:39 PM

Exactly. It wasn't malicious is any way. Ryder's shoulder probably didn't help too much though.

goswannie14
30th August 2009, 03:07 PM
Agreed. I do not like Lloyd at all but he has never been a thug. Lloyd may have been reckless but did not appear to be malicious.Some people have short memories, Lloyd has taken cheap shots all of his career. He is not bright enough to not get caught though, and has been suspended on more than one occasion because of it.

IMO he is a thug and I hope this spells the end of his career.

GongSwan
30th August 2009, 05:02 PM
Some people have short memories, Lloyd has taken cheap shots all of his career. He is not bright enough to not get caught though, and has been suspended on more than one occasion because of it.

IMO he is a thug and I hope this spells the end of his career.

Yep, from interviews I've heard, you'd be better off talking to a house brick. He was a great ff, few years ago, and any ff has to have some mongrel in him. But I never liked him because he did take a lot of dives, and appeared to be the umpires pet, as compared to the treatment of BBH

laughingnome
30th August 2009, 06:28 PM
The diving was bad, but his moniker "velvet sledgehammer" came from the number of times he headbutted his oppenents. I just don't think that his past performance, in this instance, counts for much.

ScottH
30th August 2009, 07:57 PM

Andrew Welsh pointed that out very politely tonight on the news.

Robbo
30th August 2009, 08:39 PM
@@@@ing hell it really wasn't that bad. For someone who is regarded as a tough player, Campbell Brown is really crying over spilt milk here.

goswannie14
30th August 2009, 10:40 PM
The diving was bad, but his moniker "velvet sledgehammer" came from the number of times he headbutted his oppenents. I just don't think that his past performance, in this instance, counts for much.IIRC it was due to the times he was suspended for hitting opponents with the forearm, particularly when they were over the boundary line.

GoSouth33
30th August 2009, 11:28 PM
I don't think the hit was any worse than Buddy's on Cousins. Sewell missed the rest of the game but so did Cousins. Brown's comment were silly: being made in the heat of the moment.

hot potato
31st August 2009, 12:28 AM
Lloyd will only get one week if he pleads guilty. Not malicious. He's not exactly out of underbelly.

HP

Industrial Fan
31st August 2009, 10:24 AM
The diving was bad, but his moniker "velvet sledgehammer" came from the number of times he headbutted his oppenents. I just don't think that his past performance, in this instance, counts for much.I actually thought it was because he thinks he's the 'hardman' whereas he is actually a complete nonce.

Hope he gets a long holiday. Only collected the head so he should be out for 4+ weeks.

Claret
31st August 2009, 01:28 PM
A good article by Rohan Connolly (no, your eyes aren't deceiving you) on this matter . . . .

Brown and Clarkson - Hypocritical Sooks (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/crossing-the-line/2009/08/30/1251570620619.html)

Plugger46
31st August 2009, 01:31 PM

Agree entirely. Very little in it. I don't like Lloyd much either but I can't work out what all the commotion is about. Everyone's gone soft.

Lohengrin
31st August 2009, 02:12 PM
A good article by Rohan Connolly (no, your eyes aren't deceiving you) on this matter . . . .

Brown and Clarkson - Hypocritical Sooks (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/crossing-the-line/2009/08/30/1251570620619.html)
Yes, good arguments in there, although RC's problem is that he's such an ardent Bomber supporter that there will be undoubted accusations of bias in his article.

Lucky Knickers
31st August 2009, 02:59 PM
Yep not a bad write up and can't fault anything he has to say.
It seems that Hawks are suffering WLF - imagine throwing Hall in the mix. He may end up being the voice of reason.

Industrial Fan
31st August 2009, 05:06 PM
4 weeks!

Good bye, hand bag.

goswannie14
31st August 2009, 07:27 PM
4 weeks!

Good bye, hand bag.6 unless he pleads guilty.

laughingnome
31st August 2009, 07:35 PM
4 weeks anyway, he'd be mad to not plead guilty. Even if Essendon goes amazing in the finals he'll still miss the grannie, may as well start playing next year asap.

573v30
31st August 2009, 10:56 PM
It's best advised that Lloyd accepts the 4 week ban, considering Buddy got 2 for something nowhere near as reckless or severe.