Craig Bolton CHB so far

ROK Lobster
14th September 2009, 10:22 PM
Craig Bolton CHB so far
Is he still hanging on?

laughingnome
14th September 2009, 10:24 PM
At 9:10 we've got:

B: Enright (Geel), Scarlett (Geel), Lake (WB)
HB: Goodwin (Adel), C. Bolton (Syd), Maxwell (Coll)
C: Montagna (St K), Hayes (St K), J. Selwood (Geel)
Foll: Sandilands (Fre), Judd (Carl), Ablett (Geel)

Forwards coming soon

Xie Shan
14th September 2009, 10:29 PM
Is he still hanging on?

Not as much as Rutten on Anthony. :p

(On a serious note: well done Craig!)

Bloody Hell
14th September 2009, 10:35 PM
That's amazing...thought peoples preconceptions of him would see him only ever named on a flank.

Vindication for a great season/career.

laughingnome
14th September 2009, 10:41 PM
B: Enright (Geel), Scarlett (Geel), Lake (WB)
HB: Goodwin (Adel), C. Bolton (Syd), Maxwell (Coll)
C: Montagna (St K), Hayes (St K), J. Selwood (Geel)
Foll: Sandilands (Fre), Judd (Carl), Ablett (Geel)
HF: Chapman (Geel), Riewoldt (St K) Swan (Coll)
F: Davis (Coll), Fevola (Carl), Brown (Bris)
Int: Boyd (WB), Dal Santo (St K), Goddard (St K), Goodes (Syd)

Made it!

ugg
14th September 2009, 10:50 PM
looks like he's the 2nd ruckman lol.

Our 2 AAs, one was 5th in our B&F the other nowhere to be seen.

Plugger46
14th September 2009, 10:59 PM
Bolton had a good year but I reckon he's been picked on reputation. LeCras very unlucky.

Xie Shan
14th September 2009, 11:04 PM
Bolton had a good year but I reckon he's been picked on reputation.

Possibly, but I think Bloody Hell was right, I see it as vindication for an excellent career. He went under the radar for years and he is reaping the rewards now, I think his performances against the likes of Riewoldt and Fev this year probably got him over the line.

Jeffers1984
14th September 2009, 11:57 PM
haha is it me or did Goodes seem unhappy on stage?

troyjones2525
15th September 2009, 12:23 AM
Well done and congratulations to both Bolts and Goodesy and i'm really happy we got 2 in out of 2 chances! I still feel that Ryan O'Keefe should've at least been in the final 40 at least but we can't have everything. There's obviously plenty of others from other clubs who were stiff to miss out so as swans supporters we should be wrapped to get 2 of our boys in there, especially after our poorest season in quite a while.

liz
15th September 2009, 12:25 AM
I think Bolton benefitted from no major competition at CHB. Initially I was surprised to read here that he'd made it, but I am not sure there was another CHB in the squad you could say was unlucky not to make it.

And Bolts was desparately unlucky - IMO - not to make it in 2007, when I think he was better than Egan and with far less support. But that was the year the selectors went Geelong crazy.

Also worth remembering that the AA selectors do something few footy watchers truly do, and that is base it on whole seasons. They meet several times during the year and hence cast votes when memories are fresh. Bolton's first half of this year was probably as good as any other season he's played. He just then fell off a bit in the second half of the year.

sidswan
15th September 2009, 12:54 AM
He was injured during the second half of the season, the knee injury was well documented, (he even missed a match) but the shoulder injury was a secret until reconstructive surgery was mentioned on 'Mad Monday'.

573v30
15th September 2009, 01:54 AM
Congratulations to both B2 and Goodesy for making the AA side, surprised by B2's selection but it's all good. :D :adore

Blood
15th September 2009, 04:41 AM
Never, ever doubted Bolton's ability to make AA selection.

The guy played on every elite forward this season (giving away a distinct height advanrage) and rarely lost a battle. Apart from a 3 or 4 week spell where he went a bit off the rails, he was superb IMO. It might have gone unnoticed with some on here, but not me.

Onya Bolts!!

top40
15th September 2009, 06:39 AM
All rather odd:

-Its the worst season for Sydney since 1994.
-The only occasions the Swan's ever got more than one AA was in 1995, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006. All finals years bar one, 1995.
-Goodes came 5th in the club B&F, Craig Bolton finished outside the top 10

The oman (fingers cross) is to compare this 2009 occasion with 1995. That year Sydney finished, like this year, 12th. Yet they got Paul Kelly and Tony Lockett up for AA honours. The next season they were playing in the last Saturday in September.

Captain
15th September 2009, 09:13 AM
I thought Bolton was a certainty having had a fantastic year, smashed some big forwards and didn't conceded many goals (think they mentioned 27 or 28 last night?).

He didn't make the top 10 in our B&F, though that doesn't mean much considering Goodes was 5th.

Claret
15th September 2009, 09:21 AM
I've got a feeling that the AA selectors put more emphasis on the fact the Bolts beat so many opponents throughout the year. Whereas the Sydney coaches would have noted the consistently poor disposals by foot that resulted in turnovers. Coach killers.

No Mark Lecras??? :confused:

Lucky Knickers
15th September 2009, 09:35 AM
That looks like a great team!
LeCras very unlucky but who would you drop to have him in?

Doctor J.
15th September 2009, 10:23 AM
That looks like a great team!
LeCras very unlucky but who would you drop to have him in?

Maybe Leon Davis

Plugger46
15th September 2009, 10:37 AM
I think Bolton benefitted from no major competition at CHB. Initially I was surprised to read here that he'd made it, but I am not sure there was another CHB in the squad you could say was unlucky not to make it.

I probably would have had Bock there but he wasn't even in the squad so that's a different issue.

Lucky Knickers
15th September 2009, 11:03 AM
Maybe Leon Davis
Harsh. I think he thoroughly deserved a spot this year.

j s
15th September 2009, 11:34 AM
Int: ... Goodes (Syd)
Hopefully there'll be some red faces next Monday.