View Full Version : Rooooooooooooooos

anniswan
16th September 2003, 12:04 AM
Spoiler

Coach of the Year!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sydnophile
16th September 2003, 12:06 AM
Schwabbie just announced it on Talking Footy.

YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

bricon
16th September 2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by anniswan
Coach of the Year!

He's still gotta win the next 2 games to win that (official) award, under the ridiculous conditions that determine the AA coach.

anniswan
16th September 2003, 12:32 AM
Well the other coaches made this decision, so I reckon it's worth more than any other award.

desredandwhite
16th September 2003, 07:57 AM
Just to clarify - this was the Coaches Association awards - so he's been voted in by his peers. Not a bad thing at all Roosy. They fear you ;)

TheHood
16th September 2003, 08:06 AM
"Roos, is like a mexican dancer,
the Lions, they had no answer!"

Paraphrased from Greg Champion.

Reggi
16th September 2003, 08:12 AM
Coach of the Year wins the Premiership

Best player of the year wins the Norm Smiff medal.

Everything else is just compensation

JF_Bay22_SCG
16th September 2003, 08:28 AM
Gee, it was only 12 months ago that a committed group of supporters stood outside the club offices to give our support to this bloke. We got abused from piller to post on this forum for being "embarrassing" Over 1500 faxes emails and letters of support for the guy. And pressure that did take its toll on those high up at the club.

I feel a small sense of vindication in all this. But sadly am sworn to confidentiality about basically everything to do with this matter after SSI's meeting with Richard Colless.

We could have had Terry Wallace and been a defensive ugly scratch mid-placed team.

We are on the verge of a Grand Final in a RE-BUILDING YEAR! :eek:

If we win the flag, they should make a statue of the man!

Further proof that when you are positive, you can actually get somewhere!

Go ROOSEY!

JF

EMJ
16th September 2003, 10:13 AM
May the Swans Win on Saturday and go forward to the GF - then let us see a GF win by the Swans - Coach of the year Roos and a Swans player the Norm Smith medal - YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Bron
16th September 2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
Gee, it was only 12 months ago that a committed group of supporters stood outside the club offices to give our support to this bloke. We got abused from piller to post on this forum for being "embarrassing" Over 1500 faxes emails and letters of support for the guy. And pressure that did take its toll on those high up at the club.

I feel a small sense of vindication in all this. But sadly am sworn to confidentiality about basically everything to do with this matter after SSI's meeting with Richard Colless.

We could have had Terry Wallace and been a defensive ugly scratch mid-placed team.

We are on the verge of a Grand Final in a RE-BUILDING YEAR! :eek:

If we win the flag, they should make a statue of the man!

Further proof that when you are positive, you can actually get somewhere!

Go ROOSEY!

JF

Be happy! This is the reward for commitment. And it's going to get better!

Dave
16th September 2003, 12:12 PM
Is this serious?

CureTheSane
16th September 2003, 01:36 PM
Gee, it was only 12 months ago that a committed group of supporters stood outside the club offices to give our support to this bloke......And pressure that did take its toll on those high up at the club.

I feel a small sense of vindication in all this.

Mate, you are dreaming.

Anyone who things 10 supporters and a dog yelling Roos name outside the club offices got Roos the coaching job should be laughed at.

Also, it belittles the faith the CLUB put in Roos when they selected him SOLELY ON HIS OWN MERITS

jixygirl
16th September 2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
Mate, you are dreaming.

Anyone who things 10 supporters and a dog yelling Roos name outside the club offices got Roos the coaching job should be laughed at.

Also, it belittles the faith the CLUB put in Roos when they selected him SOLELY ON HIS OWN MERITS

I think that all the supporters threatening their membership (there were more than 10) and the response of the players at the last match last week did help Roos get the job. But he also got the job on his own merits and because he was the best person for the job.

CureTheSane
16th September 2003, 02:42 PM
I think that all the supporters threatening their membership is really sad.

And also a form of blackmail, which I bet the club didn't take into account at all.....

Go Swannies
16th September 2003, 02:50 PM
no, that's democracy. It's the only say we have - and I would have left if we'd taken Carey.

On the subject of the influence of the players and fans being behind Roos, one only has to look at the scuttlebutt that some of the club's financial woes come because we are still paying out the secret Terry Wallace contract offered before the club had to reconsider and go for Roos.

But is this the time to be negative? I'm just glad that we have the team and the coach we have. I expect to be even gladder on Saturday night.

Craig
16th September 2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
no, that's democracy. It's the only say we have - and I would have left if we'd taken Carey.

Are you serious? You must be some supporter mate. Fancy leaving a club over one player who will be a memory in a couple of years.

Get some passion into you, show some spirit and support the club. If you don't like a decision let them know, demonstrate etc. But to leave a club over a player is a disgrace.

JF_Bay22_SCG
16th September 2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
Mate, you are dreaming.

You couldn't be wronger there buddy. The campaign involved a tad more than "just 10 supporters and a dog". That was just what Channel 10 did a story on.

Several of us have spoken with the club about various things. I know what they've said on this matter.

But I refuse to break confidentiality to mention it here in such a public forum. We are making way way way too much progress in acheiving our aim of a democratically-elected football club.

I think the club is healthier for the fact that these days there are supporters who ARE passionate and who DO give a damn.

WELL DONE ROOSEY! YOU"VE DONE OUR CLUB PROUD!

JF

CureTheSane
16th September 2003, 06:37 PM

Several of us have spoken with the club about various things. I know what they've said on this matter.

Hearsay....

But I refuse to break confidentiality to mention it here in such a public forum. We are making way way way too much progress in acheiving our aim of a democratically-elected football club.

I thought SSI had aims?
And that has been the clubs aim for a long time now

I think the club is healthier for the fact that these days there are supporters who ARE passionate and who DO give a damn.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of that doubt that that comment wasn't directed at me.
Opposing SSI is giving a damn entirely as much as being a part of it.....

BTW, I meant to stick the word 'pal' in there somewhere :D lol