PDA

View Full Version : Draft Dollars 2009

Rob-bloods
9th October 2009, 06:14 AM
With the Seaby, Mumford, Kennedy and McGlynn moves we must still have a huge amount of room in our cap. It was estimated at $2-2.5 million spare (that is with retirements and veteran converts) and if Jolly was on, say, $450 and we have not cut anyone else yet bar Buchanan, then we must be nudging 3 million to play with!

SEN are STILL claiming we may make a late play for Fev, but that is a buyers market, I would not take him, but if they really wanted him why give up a first round pick?

There is normally some last minute drafting simply to realign salary caps so we must be in a strong position for both late trades and of course then the pre season draft.

Our first team of 2010, could it potentially hold the most number of newly drafted players since the Edelstein buying splurge?

MadCanuck
9th October 2009, 11:37 AM
I reckon you're right. There are a number of clubs with salary cup woes so a bargain or two may still be about.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Swans trade one or two of their later picks for a small forward.

satchmopugdog
9th October 2009, 11:43 AM
We missed out on Mark Williams which I am a bit disappointed about..I love him but not enough to barrack for Essendon