PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Sydney Mr McGlynn

Go Swannies
9th October 2009, 12:01 PM
I thought we should round out the welcomes for this trade period.

It's going to be fascinating seeing the new-look Swannies next year. Obviously our coaching staff consider you an important part of that. I don't like the Hawks enough to have seen you play but I hope your time in the Harbour City is long and fruitful for both you and the team's success.

satchmopugdog
9th October 2009, 12:02 PM
We get to see the Hawks play down here in Boonie Isle so I think McGlynn is a keeper. Tough no nonsense get the ball type

johnno
9th October 2009, 12:14 PM
welcome Mr Mglynn. I saw a few games of his with the Hawks. i like the way he goes about things. I am surprised to hear from hawks fans describing him as a ball magnet with poor disposal, of the few games I saw of Mglynn, I actually thought his disposal was quite good. we'll just have to wait and see.

Industrial Fan
9th October 2009, 12:56 PM
I'm on the wagon.

Glad to see him move. With Crouch on the way out, gives us some flexibility with McGlynn switching from forward to back pocket.

IrishSwanPerth
9th October 2009, 01:06 PM
Good to see young men coming in, now we can set goals for a flag

Lucky Knickers
9th October 2009, 01:57 PM
Welcome Ben McGlynn. You have been described to me as a "deadset terrier". Kirk-like in approach to footy with the stature of Buchanan. This the quote from a good friend who is a mad Hawks-man and is absolutely gutted at losing you and Kennedy.

"Tough as nails - can win possesions but also shut down opponents (just ask didak and mcLeod) Kicking is a worry - especially short hitting up a target but he doesn?t leave anything in the tank - a pocket rocket! SCG will suit him to a T."

I'm looking forward to it!

shaun..
9th October 2009, 02:09 PM
Reminds me of Buchanan - speedy, goes hard at the ball but can have really poor disposals.

reigning premier
9th October 2009, 03:05 PM
Been a fan for awhile. Glad to have you on board.

Now, the benchmark for 1st year players is 2nd in the B&F. I hope you're up to it. :D

Primmy
9th October 2009, 03:34 PM

Now, the benchmark for 1st year players is 2nd in the B&F. I hope you're up to it. :D

Sheeze, pressure pressure pressure!

Mr McGunns welcome, and take no notice of RP - we ask you get to at least the top 5 only.:rolleyes:

laughingnome
9th October 2009, 04:35 PM

4 players can't all come 2nd or 1st, Surely!

Auntie.Gerald
17th October 2009, 06:56 PM
starting player in the GF two years ago !!

chatting to a mate this arvo who is a mad Hawks fan is also sore that his team lost McGlynn !

Looking forward to him picking up Crouch's role

humphrey bear
17th October 2009, 08:01 PM
If you cant kick you cant play AFL the way it is now played. Doesnt matter how hard you are when you give it back to the other team every time you get it.

Ben cant kick and is a waste of space on the list.

Kennedy will be very very good.

humphrey bear
17th October 2009, 08:02 PM
starting player in the GF two years ago !!

He didnt play in the Grand Final.

Auntie.Gerald
17th October 2009, 08:15 PM
carerr 30 goals from 45 games ??

9 goals and 16 behinds in 2009 from 16 games

38 disposals against the Crows in August 2009??

averages 10 kicks a game compared to Brett Kirk at 8 per game........

Isnt Kirk the one who said something like............"in teh moderm game I have forgotten how to kick and take a mark over my head"...... ?

no one is expecting wonders but the kid doesnt need to to be the best at kicking in his role for 2010.........Crouch never kicked much nor Kirk !

jdow
17th October 2009, 09:37 PM
If you cant kick you cant play AFL the way it is now played. Doesnt matter how hard you are when you give it back to the other team every time you get it.

Ben cant kick and is a waste of space on the list.

Kennedy will be very very good.

Well you better dump 5/6 players from our list because if thats the only requirement these days than we are in big, big, big trouble

jdow
17th October 2009, 09:39 PM
carerr 30 goals from 45 games ??

9 goals and 16 behinds in 2009 from 16 games

38 disposals against the Crows in August 2009??

averages 10 kicks a game compared to Brett Kirk at 8 per game........

Isnt Kirk the one who said something like............"in teh moderm game I have forgotten how to kick and take a mark over my head"...... ?

no one is expecting wonders but the kid doesnt need to to be the best at kicking in his role for 2010.........Crouch never kicked much nor Kirk !

Add Dunkley he couldn't kick at all but I reckon 12 or so teams in the AFL would give there bottom dollar to have him

goswannie14
17th October 2009, 09:50 PM
If you cant kick you cant play AFL the way it is now played. Kirk might disagree with you.