PDA

View Full Version : Roos's new book

Auntie.Gerald
16th October 2009, 09:04 AM
anyone read his book as yet ??

dimelb
16th October 2009, 11:31 AM
anyone read his book as yet ??
Yes. And it's not just his: Tami has a considerable input. I found the most interesting parts were his discussion of his attitude to football, especially the emphasis on enjoying the game, and the notes he wrote when he retired as a player and before he took up coaching. And he states once and for all that there is not a 'no dickheads policy'.

Bas
16th October 2009, 02:00 PM
I have just started reading it as well and I am really enjoying to0. Much more than just football.

Why do all Americans who write books have Ph D's?

liz
16th October 2009, 02:06 PM
Is it just out in hardback? Or is it in semi-paper back (ie the slightly thicker covered cardboard they tend to use for non-fiction)?

dimelb
16th October 2009, 03:12 PM
Ours is paperback, thick paper with a gloss.
Got it at Kmart for $25 - RRP is $35.

Bas
16th October 2009, 05:23 PM
Mine is paperback as well. Bought at Big W for $22.50 I think.

ShockOfHair
19th October 2009, 10:56 AM
Yes. And it's not just his: Tami has a considerable input. I found the most interesting parts were his discussion of his attitude to football, especially the emphasis on enjoying the game, and the notes he wrote when he retired as a player and before he took up coaching. And he states once and for all that there is not a 'no dickheads policy'.

What do the famous Roos notes say? I'm thinking:

"You can't have too many stoppages"
"Defence is the best form of defence"
"My favourite part of the ground is the boundary line"

Wasn't he playing for the Swans when Eade introduced flooding? That must have been a big moment.