PDA

View Full Version : The Kennelly Poll

ShockOfHair
21st October 2009, 12:56 AM
Send a message to Listowel.

Bloody Hell
21st October 2009, 02:25 AM
Don't know.

To me it seems it would be a comeback in the Plugger vain - where he will never be as good as he was.

Highly theoretical anyway.

Rob-bloods
21st October 2009, 06:47 AM
If He Was A Fit Goal Scoring Forward Or A Full Back Yes, As It Is Given Age, Manner Of Leaving Etc, No No No

RogueSwan
21st October 2009, 08:34 AM
I wanted a "take him back, but he will have to earn his spot" option

caj23
21st October 2009, 08:44 AM
Why not?

Assuming a year away from the rigours of AFL have helped his body recuperate from the wear and tear injuries we'd be mad to pass up the opportunity.

He was one of our most important players before he left and despite the fine season from Rhys in 2009, he is a superior player

Glenn
21st October 2009, 08:52 AM
Probably just some publicity for his book, but if he was fit and wanted to come back then yes.

AnnieH
21st October 2009, 10:05 AM
Don't need him. Too late to come back.

The game has moved past him now.

caj23
21st October 2009, 10:08 AM
Don't need him. Too late to come back.

The game has moved past him now.

LOL - he's been gone for 1 season

reigning premier
21st October 2009, 10:44 AM
Dear Mr Kennelly,

@@@@ off you media whore.

Yours sincerley,
RP

AnnieH
21st October 2009, 10:45 AM
LOL - he's been gone for 1 season

The game evolves every season - it gets harder and faster. I honestly don't think his body would be up to it.

Vonsteinman
21st October 2009, 11:03 AM
Would love to see him come back and play a couple of years and stay on at the club after that.

21st October 2009, 11:41 AM
I think he needs to be cut some slack by a few of the negative posters on here. He did leave Ireland at a young age and has had family tragedy during his time with us.

A year home might have allowed him to clear a few things in his head and make a sounder decision about whether he wants another crack at AFL ..... or not. Let's not forget the great player he has been for the club.

If he returns then maybe a new role for him? I'd like to see him as a winger/half forward, has very nice disposal to stick the ball down the throats of our twin towers at full forward :-)

Primmy
21st October 2009, 11:41 AM
I just don't know, and I suspect he doesn't either. He probably loves living in Sydney, and Ireland. He probably loves playing Rules, and Gaelic. Good luck old boy. No matter what, someone is not going to be happy!

caj23
21st October 2009, 11:48 AM
The game evolves every season - it gets harder and faster. I honestly don't think his body would be up to it.

Geez Ablett must be in trouble then :p

Damien
21st October 2009, 12:09 PM
Why not?

Agree. We have the spot it seems, so why not just have him here and see how he goes. If it doesn't work, well worse things have happened. If it does work, the run off both half back flanks will be bloody brilliant to watch at full flight!!

Jewels
21st October 2009, 12:34 PM
Don't know.

To me it seems it would be a comeback in the Plugger vain - where he will never be as good as he was.

Highly theoretical anyway.

/\ YES

and

\/ YES

I wanted a "take him back, but he will have to earn his spot" option

Cardinal
21st October 2009, 12:45 PM

Just like players interchange to keep their performance at maximum efficiency and output a year off playing in Ireland would in fact improve Kennelly's physical capacity to play AFL.

laughingnome
21st October 2009, 12:50 PM
Look, if he came back I'd welcome him with open arms, and if he didn't I'd be fine with that too. This saga is dragging on way past it's date and I for one just want it resolved. Quickly.

CJK
21st October 2009, 01:12 PM
Look, if he came back I'd welcome him with open arms, and if he didn't I'd be fine with that too. This saga is dragging on way past it's date and I for one just want it resolved. Quickly.

Yup - poll needs a 'meh' option.

As do all polls, esp elections.

ShockOfHair
21st October 2009, 03:52 PM
Yup - poll needs a 'meh' option.

As do all polls, esp elections.

My bad. I ran out of poll options. :o

"Hamlet" Kennelly cant take comfort that you cared enough to say you didn't care.

goswannie14
21st October 2009, 05:08 PM
I'm over it.

satchmopugdog
21st October 2009, 05:24 PM
"Hamlet" Kennelly cant take comfort that you cared enough to say you didn't care.

Jeepers..I'd forgotten about this..the old Hamlet syndrome......the poor fellow how did he kick out after a behind..he must have been a quivering mess!

I think my first ever post was about Ben Matthews and the Hamlet syndrome

Bas
21st October 2009, 05:43 PM
Dear Mr Kennelly,

@@@@ off you media whore.

Yours sincerley,
RP

Oh, @@@@ must stand for Irish Jig. I get it.

robamiee
21st October 2009, 06:47 PM
Why not.
How quickly we turn on our own from some posters..

agree with other comments leaving home and then staying through difficult times in his personal life. Easy to fire pot shots from your expert armchair's.

i would most certainly love the guy back in the red and white.

liz
21st October 2009, 07:56 PM
I'd be happy to welcome him back but won't slit my wrists if he decides not to. I still think he's got plenty to offer, and both Shaw and Mattner could be used to good advantage in the middle.

None of the poll options really covers this, as I don't reckon we desparately need him.

BSA5
21st October 2009, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back. Given the experience we've lost this year, another experienced bloke would be handy. Even stick him on a wing, get him away from a few of those big marking contests that might tear off his shoulder.

Having said that, he'd be far from a saviour, and there's no guarantee a) that his body would cope, and b) that his heart would be in it. Just going off media reports (which is perilous, I know), it seems to me that his missus is the main thing drawing him back to Sydney, rather than footy itself. If this is the case, then it might not be the best thing for us to take him on.

I said I couldn't make up my mind, but only because it's the only middle-ground option. I'm not too fussed, if he comes, cool, if he doesn't, no biggie, and may turn out to be for the better anyway.

ShockOfHair
21st October 2009, 10:24 PM
I'd be happy to welcome him back but won't slit my wrists if he decides not to. I still think he's got plenty to offer, and both Shaw and Mattner could be used to good advantage in the middle.

None of the poll options really covers this, as I don't reckon we desparately need him.

OK, OK, next poll will include the "Should Liz slit her wrists?" option.

:D

Go Swannies
21st October 2009, 10:53 PM
OK, OK, next poll will include the "Should Liz slit her wrists?" option.

:D

Wait until after the Crows and Pies games and we might have to order Jonestown Orangeade in drums.

Robbo
21st October 2009, 11:24 PM
Too old and we already have Mattner and Shaw.

robamiee
22nd October 2009, 01:11 AM
how is 28 too old...
richoman is 34 and he still plays good footy.
I think the media has become too focused on players age this imaginary 30 yo barrier...

you have to remember that Shaw was orginally brought into the squad as an outside midfielder, but was running off HB cause Kennelly left.
i think no doubt that Roo's would prefer kennelly and mattner off HB and shaw in the middle