PDA

View Full Version : Kennelly's Injury Prospects

Cheer Squad
13th November 2009, 08:00 AM
Let's see what people really think about Kennelly's return to the club...

royboy42
13th November 2009, 08:08 AM
I REALLY think it's sensational...a slick, fast thinking guy who straightens us out of defence..a premiership player who is still only 28 years old.. a man with a fixed shoulder ( the problem that caused his disappointing 08 season..hard to play and tackle when your shoulder popped out every time it got hit)..an excitement machine. What's not to be REALLY happy about?
Mattner, Kennealy, Shaw and, hopefully, a reborn Malceski. MMmmm..there's a prospect!

Dalai Lama
13th November 2009, 08:10 AM
its good to get another passenger on the bus as we head toward GWS?

Cheer Squad
13th November 2009, 08:10 AM
its good to get another passenger on the bus as we head toward GWS?

(clap) (clap) (clap)

Damien
13th November 2009, 08:16 AM
I'm so excited about 2010, a team that has the potential to challenge for the 8 and also blood youngsters within a great framework. Bring it on.

The recruiting period has really excited me. I don't get the negativity. :confused:

Jesse White, Veszpremi, Hannebury etc etc etc could break down in the NAB Cup (Touch wood), ANYTHING can happen to ANYONE, but I tell you what , if we get some luck, the team we have on paper is a lot more exciting than I thought it would be a few months ago.

Triple B
13th November 2009, 08:28 AM
There have been some useless/inappropriate polls in the past and no doubt there will be useless polls posted in the future, but this one will take some beating.

Seriously CS, setting up polls to guess when a player will get injured is pretty ordinary form.

I can't imagine how you can enjoy watching your team next year sitting there hoping for either Tadhg or Bradshaw to go down, rushing home to post 'I told you so'.

EDIT: I hope people give this poll the credit it deserves (ie: none whatsoever) and don't vote.

Cheer Squad
13th November 2009, 09:11 AM
There have been some useless/inappropriate polls in the past and no doubt there will be useless polls posted in the future, but this one will take some beating.

Seriously CS, setting up polls to guess when a player will get injured is pretty ordinary form.

I can't imagine how you can enjoy watching your team next year sitting there hoping for either Tadhg or Bradshaw to go down, rushing home to post 'I told you so'.

EDIT: I hope people give this poll the credit it deserves (ie: none whatsoever) and don't vote.

I would never do that.

And there's nothing wrong with constructive speculation about any player concerning their injury potential. It's no more than what the club does when reviewing the list.

You're being too precious.

goswannie14
13th November 2009, 09:16 AM
I agree with Triple B, this poll is the worst one I have seen on here in the 4+ years I have been a member.

Damien
13th November 2009, 09:22 AM
I agree with Triple B, this poll is the worst one I have seen on here in the 4+ years I have been a member.

Agree.

reigning premier
13th November 2009, 09:46 AM
But how can you resist the lure of the poll?? No one can resist the lure of the poll!!

msb
13th November 2009, 09:48 AM
What a stupid poll! Remove it from the board!

Kirkari
13th November 2009, 11:01 AM
Aaawwww, c'mon! Look at the results. What a happy bunch of optimistic well-wishers we are. It's great he's back and MOST people want him to be brilliant.

Captain
13th November 2009, 11:23 AM
Most useless poll ever.

Cheer Squad
13th November 2009, 11:38 AM
Annie H, I applaud your courage. :)

Damien
13th November 2009, 11:45 AM

Courage to predict his comeback will end by Round 6? interesting take on courage.

AnnieH
13th November 2009, 11:45 AM

Thanks pet.

I'm not scared to stand up to this mob!!!

Captain
13th November 2009, 11:47 AM
Courage to predict his comeback will end by Round 6? interesting take on courage.

Sure is. Wouldn't want to play in the same team as people with that definition.

AnnieH
13th November 2009, 11:51 AM

I also said that I'm happy to eat my words ... but don't bring out the salt and pepper yet.

I really don't think his fitness will hold up.

dimelb
13th November 2009, 11:51 AM
Is there such a thing as a poll that is not useless?
I voted for the first option because I see it as closest to what I think might happen, namely that Tadhg has as good a chance as anyone else of making it through the season relatively unscathed. At the same time he could do his ACL, which I think is some distance from his shoulder; but I don't wish that on anyone.
And I share the view that this is one of the most exciting periods in our club's recent history.

Cheer Squad
13th November 2009, 11:58 AM

The moral courage to stand alone from the rest of the group, especially given the comments about the worthiness of the poll.

reigning premier
13th November 2009, 12:09 PM
Most useless poll ever.

Trying to beat it out with most useless post ever???

Close................... but 2nd. Loser.

reigning premier
13th November 2009, 12:13 PM

Much easier to run with the mob you reckon??

Look up sicophant. Give us your take on that.

dimelb
13th November 2009, 12:20 PM
... Look up sicophant. Give us your take on that.
Sicophant (n.) an ailing pachyderm. ;)

Captain
13th November 2009, 12:38 PM
Trying to beat it out with most useless post ever???

Close................... but 2nd. Loser.

What's the first?

Damien
13th November 2009, 12:56 PM
Much easier to run with the mob you reckon??

Look up sicophant. Give us your take on that.

Guessing you mean sycophant, and I doubt anyone is trying to win favour through flattery on this site.

Of course it's easier to run with the mob, but that has nothing to do with anything I said. I just wonder how is it courageous to say a player will be injured by a certain round? Do you think that is an act of courage?

IrishSwanPerth
13th November 2009, 12:57 PM
Positives
Best kicker of a ball in our team, got an excellent footy brain, doesnt waste the ball. Great runner and looked very fit back in Ireland.

Negatives
Not the best tackler in the world, not sure about his desire

I'm very very happy his back

goswannies
13th November 2009, 06:40 PM
I didn't vote. You missed out on my option. Has two good years, turns 30 and gets a 1-2 year contract extension.

Welcome back and can't wait to read your book!

Cheer Squad
13th November 2009, 06:47 PM
You missed out on my option. Has two good years, turns 30 and gets a 1-2 year contract extension.

Now that's optimism!

goswannies
13th November 2009, 06:50 PM
Negatives
Not the best tackler in the world

Not surprising considering his history of semi-chronic recurent anterior glenohumeral dislocations. Tackling would be the most common way to re-dislocate Tadhg's shoulder. Hence at least at a subconscious level he would have an aversion (think back to the half-hearted tackle that led to the subluxation of his shoulder that Leapin' Leo tried to re-locate... didn't try too hard to lay a tackle, still poped out).
2 years post stabilization, however, it might feel a lot tighter (as evidenced by the the comment in the media that he has recently played with no shoulder strapping). Conceeded, he likely doesn't need to in Gaelic footy given that they don't tackle, but players will tend to strap for the psychological/placebo benefit, regardless of whether it is needed or not. That he doesn't feel the need to is hopefully a good sign.

Negatives
not sure about his desire

He desired enough to come back and that's good enough for me.

goswannies
13th November 2009, 06:51 PM
Now that's optimism!

What can I say, I'm a keg 7/8ths full kinda guy :D

timthefish
13th November 2009, 07:05 PM
Sicophant (n.) an ailing pachyderm. ;)

or perhaps

Psychophant (n.) a mentally ailing pachyderm, ;)

timthefish
13th November 2009, 07:07 PM
Now that's optimism!

yes, but not much beyond what most people have polled (we'll get two good years out of him): if he does produce that he'll almost certainly get a 1 year extension at the age of 30.

timthefish
13th November 2009, 07:09 PM
The moral courage to stand alone from the rest of the group, especially given the comments about the worthiness of the poll.

moral courage! on an anonymous website? "talk about laying it on with a trowel..."

Cheer Squad
13th November 2009, 07:17 PM
moral courage! on an anonymous website? "talk about laying it on with a trowel..."

You have a point.

timthefish
13th November 2009, 07:25 PM
You have a point.

as so do most that disagree with me (sigh)...

Bas
13th November 2009, 08:53 PM
He should be fine unless his girlfriend catches him cheating on her. :D

Bas
13th November 2009, 08:57 PM

We need a poll on which week we think Hall will get suspended next year.

I was very negative about TAIKEN leaving but I'm very positive about his return, What, he has about 10 months of real Guiness under his belt. Better than Tasmanian water.

TheGong
13th November 2009, 09:46 PM
At the end of the 2008 season Tadhg had keyhole surgery on his shoulder to stop it continually dislocating. His shoulder did not cause him any problems playing in Ireland so the operation may have been successful.

I also remember that he, Craig Bolton and Adam Goodes went to Germany for groin surgery at the end of 2008.

Hopefully the operations and a years recovery will mean his 2007 , 2008 injury problems are behind him.

Bloody Hell
14th November 2009, 05:22 AM
I really don't think his fitness will hold up.

Based on what? He never seemed to have problems playing with injuries.

I just think of the enforced layoff S.Warne had at a similar stage of his career. Have no doubt it significantly lengthened it. At the time he was having his own reoccuring injuries.

I don't think we'll see any problems. Should get more than 2 years from him. I'm just hoping there isn't another go back to Ireland saga after 2 years.

14th November 2009, 08:08 AM

Utter crap, thats what this poll is.

Watched the other thread spin roud and round and now its official its great news that Tadgh is back at the club. Another quality pickup that we have been able to get after losing 13 odd off the list.
If we get Bradshaw it lights puts the candles on the cake, and then with our early picks we can light the candles and then let 2010 roll on.

Tadgh is only good news as far as Im concerned, sure he was confused thats only natural. Then his manager puts a price on his head and it becomes even more confusing. Tadgh was only ever coming back to us and it will be great watching him and Mattner,Shaw and I dream a healthy Malcelski running around down back.

Stick it up em Tiger !!!

dimelb
14th November 2009, 08:43 AM
or perhaps

Psychophant (n.) a mentally ailing pachyderm, ;)
:D

Robbo
14th November 2009, 11:59 AM
We are a rebuilding side, so if someone of Kennelly's age is to be picked week in week out he needs to be playing good footy at the very least. I just hope he is made to earn his spot and not get a free ride ala Ben Mathews in 2007.

Cheer Squad
14th November 2009, 08:22 PM
We are a rebuilding side, so if someone of Kennelly's age is to be picked week in week out he needs to be playing good footy at the very least. I just hope he is made to earn his spot and not get a free ride ala Ben Mathews in 2007.

Well, this is an interesting admission from Roos in today's SMH:

'It's exciting. The first thing we need to do is get him back and have a look at his body,'' Roos said of Kennelly after pre-season training yesterday.

You would think for sure they'd have checked him out before re-signing him. Who knows what little niggles he's endured in the last 12 months?

Bas
14th November 2009, 08:29 PM

You would think for sure they'd have checked him out before re-signing him. Who knows what little niggles he's endured in the last 12 months?

Lots of Ladies on RWO who would have a look at his body :eek:

ShockOfHair
14th November 2009, 09:34 PM

I think he means the club needs to work out how many miles Tadgh's going to do on the Cronulla dunes in the next three months. Welcome back to AFL Tadgh.