PDA

View Full Version : More coach/player news

boris
25th November 2009, 09:22 AM
1- Barry stoneham to be announced as balmain coach Friday. Huge coup for bAlmain but will he have any players to coach.
2- lee Forsyth to coach c/town
3-Bryson coles attended ece presso and will play there for $400 a game,3 clubs in 3years is he the new hally

Pekay
25th November 2009, 09:35 AM
1- Barry stoneham to be announced as balmain coach Friday. Huge coup for bAlmain but will he have any players to coach.
3-Bryson coles attended ece presso and will play there for $400 a game,3 clubs in 3years is he the new hally

1. That's a coup, but you are dead right, will he have any cattle to use in 2010?
2. Great coach, alot of time for him, led the Lions well when they played in SFA.
3. Where was he before Sydney Uni?

DLH
25th November 2009, 09:53 AM

Honest question, where does a club in the Sydney AFL get the money to recruit from interstate people like Barry Stoneham and Jason Saddington?

tara
25th November 2009, 10:04 AM
Must also admit that im surpised with Saddo coming here as nothing more than a player given he wants to coach.

Also surprised that Stoneham is leaving a job he has been at for less than twelve months but would have been on good coin to move interstate (something he hasnt done before) and coach a struggling club. Also be interesting to see how a Geelong boy at heart goes living in Sydney.

The money involved here surely could have bought a senior team capable of winning something or would perhaps have been better off spent in developing youth.

Norris Lurker
25th November 2009, 10:10 AM
3. Where was he before Sydney Uni?Played under 18s at North Shore but didn't play a senior game. He's had 2 years at Sydney Uni.

Junior
25th November 2009, 12:16 PM

Correct on the first part, but I think you'll find that he is in Adelaide trying his hand there over pre-season, and has not been offered a contract with ECE. Certainly not anything near that figure.

Shotties
25th November 2009, 02:13 PM
He was in Perth training with the Demons last report.

48 Hour Detox
25th November 2009, 02:57 PM

Where do you blokes get your mail! I spoke to some Balmain boys the other day and the name Barry Stoneham certainly didn't come up

Mug Punter
26th November 2009, 12:00 AM

Surely the only scenario with this is for Stoneham to be coming up for other reasons (i.e. business interests clearly not involved with furthering his football career). The idea that the Tigers could afford to pay for his relocation and appoint him as a FT coach is ludicrous as the $100K would be wasted as he would be coaching a bunch of 15 year olds.

Like Saddo he is clearly deluded and been sold a pup of the highest order. 5 returning first graders (plus Saddo for sessions 1 - 4) will be an enormous reality check.....

Am seriously thinking of popping down to Mahoney Wednesday week with my boots to have a kick to kick with some AFL legends (well, one anyway as I always thought Saddo was pants)

This club should really enter itself into next year's Melbourne Comedt Festival....

Dunger
26th November 2009, 08:49 AM
This club should really enter itself into next year's Melbourne Comedt Festival....

I think you should go and watch them at the comedy festival and take some tips

tara
26th November 2009, 08:49 AM
MP the type of positions Stoneham has held 100K wouldnt come close to getting him to relocate.

The Late Mail
26th November 2009, 09:00 AM
I think you should go and watch them at the comedy festival and take some tips

My mail is the Dockers have recruited strongly from Victoria. There may also be an agreement with the Swans to be announced soon about surplus players going round with the Dockers.

Recruiting from outside Sydney AFL is smart. As more quality players join, they will start to attract Sydney AFL players.

tara
26th November 2009, 09:02 AM
It didnt help them the last time the recruited classly victorians:o

Ken Oath
26th November 2009, 01:29 PM
I find the alledged money being thrown around to coaches & players amazing. Fair enough if the club can afford it. But to offer the money that's been mentioned here, then hit every other non-payed player up for $400 'rego' each, is a scandal.
Sure it might be for insurance etc, but I'll always had a problem handing over money to a club knowing it's going to someone's pocket that will be training beside me.

DLH
26th November 2009, 01:34 PM
I find the alledged money being thrown around to coaches & players amazing. Fair enough if the club can afford it. But to offer the money that's been mentioned here, then hit every other non-payed player up for $400 'rego' each, is a scandal.
Sure it might be for insurance etc, but I'll always had a problem handing over money to a club knowing it's going to someone's pocket that will be training beside me.

I've got to say, coming from a club that doesn't pay players I find it difficult to fathom.

Unless everyone's getting a slice which would cost a small fortune, how do you keep people happy when as Ken says, his money is going into someone else's pocket.

Surely word must get around about who's getting what which can't be helpful.

The Late Mail
26th November 2009, 03:39 PM

I can't see the Towners improving on their 5th last year. Frankly put, they overachieved (and that is a compliment to their coaching and players).

Too many players are leaving and they'll have to start all over again.

Pace To Burn
26th November 2009, 04:41 PM
I can't see the Towners improving on their 5th last year. Frankly put, they overachieved (and that is a compliment to their coaching and players).

Too many players are leaving and they'll have to start all over again.

Really:eek: . Please fill us in

BIGSHOW
26th November 2009, 04:55 PM
MRS PUG MUNTER as various other MEN have stated in the past posts there clubs and who they have played for or are still playing for WHOS YOURS.Wheres this well run club that has 60 devoted players who regularly bleed week in and out.Im starting to think that you are the captain coach and full forward in your own fantasy footy team.Alot of sydney afl clubs are a work in progress who at the end of the day LOVE FOOTY love being around footy good or bad.So pug munter please take your WII of pause and continue to be that loungeroom legend or be a man name your team and have you ever warn footy boots.

BIGSHOW
26th November 2009, 05:07 PM
Balmain does need to focus on the players more and offer a more player friendly enviroment i believe that this year they are putting players first with more functions and team building events.Other than the stated transient stars there are some great blokes who love there footy win or loss (LOSSES AT THE MOMENT).These are the guys at the sports club having a steak and beer after training and games who make this club and great place.Success will come eventually(god if your up there did you read that cheers).

BIGSHOW
27th November 2009, 08:57 PM
late mail mate i didnt see any announcements of a dockers new coach any news.do you know when the sydneyafl posts the clearances for 2010 also the final divisions.

Norris Lurker
28th November 2009, 08:41 AM
The clearances won't be up till closer to the season. Clubs tend to play their cards close to their chest with player signings - and with the @@@@ they cop when they do announce a big name or expensive signing you can't blame them for that.

Mug Punter
28th November 2009, 02:22 PM
I've got to say, coming from a club that doesn't pay players I find it difficult to fathom.

Unless everyone's getting a slice which would cost a small fortune, how do you keep people happy when as Ken says, his money is going into someone else's pocket.

Surely word must get around about who's getting what which can't be helpful.

I agree with that sentiment

Genuine expenses are fine and perhaps with a gun player you might waive fees. My understanding is that Penno have a payment scheme based on 3-2-1 points as voted by the players each week. Seem to remember B-O-G being a reasonable sum ($300 - 400). Enough to provide some additional cash for your top performers but not enough to cause divisions.

Sydney Uni cop a lot of flak for scholarship money but this is another avenue of paying players (e.g. Egan) that probably does not cause too much jealousy.

The reality is that most players play in Sydney for the love of it. I still think a good community set up like Penno and St George is better and more successful long term than the boom-bust clubs like Wests and Balmain. ECE may have the best of both worlds by having the community set up and financial clout but it needs to be managed carefully.

Mug Punter
28th November 2009, 02:23 PM
MRS PUG MUNTER as various other MEN have stated in the past posts there clubs and who they have played for or are still playing for WHOS YOURS.Wheres this well run club that has 60 devoted players who regularly bleed week in and out.Im starting to think that you are the captain coach and full forward in your own fantasy footy team.Alot of sydney afl clubs are a work in progress who at the end of the day LOVE FOOTY love being around footy good or bad.So pug munter please take your WII of pause and continue to be that loungeroom legend or be a man name your team and have you ever warn footy boots.

I can hardly understand this post. It must be a terrible thing to be stupid.....

Bert
28th November 2009, 11:55 PM
it isnt too hard to work out..............

Midfield
29th November 2009, 08:34 AM

Can anyone at the club confirm these appointments?

48 Hour Detox
30th November 2009, 12:51 PM
I can hardly understand this post. It must be a terrible thing to be stupid.....

Not hard at all to figure out.....he is asking who you play footy for or what club are you with?? Very easy to figure out

BIGSHOW
1st December 2009, 06:38 PM
I noticed on the sydneyafl website that auburn wasnt mentioned in regards to doing a pre season do they have a side in next years season?.

BIGSHOW
1st December 2009, 06:46 PM
48 hour detox mate its easier to throw mud when you have no club to stand up for.pug munters coming down to balmains first preseason run for a laugh so i will keep a eye out for a overweight guy hiding behind a bush laughing with his laptop in hand.

GoBloods
1st December 2009, 08:13 PM
My mail is the Dockers have recruited strongly from Victoria. There may also be an agreement with the Swans to be announced soon about surplus players going round with the Dockers.

Recruiting from outside Sydney AFL is smart. As more quality players join, they will start to attract Sydney AFL players.

Where are the swans going to get these surplus players to give to the dockers ???? They (the swans ) struggled to get enough listed players on the park last year in the actfl and were topping up with rams and local actfl players....

Pekay
1st December 2009, 08:53 PM
I noticed on the sydneyafl website that auburn wasnt mentioned in regards to doing a pre season do they have a side in next years season?.

Not sure how reliable it is, but I was chatting to a fella who was speaking with Chicka, apparently all Kassems will be playing, Eid & Medair included. Will be very hard to beat if that's the case, probably should push for Div 3 with cattle like that.
But I may be wrong.

Rafters
2nd December 2009, 02:28 PM
Not sure how reliable it is, but I was chatting to a fella who was speaking with Chicka, apparently all Kassems will be playing, Eid & Medair included. Will be very hard to beat if that's the case, probably should push for Div 3 with cattle like that.
But I may be wrong.

Well they did start their footy careers with Auburn Redlegs & Mona Park is only across the road from where they live. So I would say that it would be fairly reliable to have everyone from Ozem right down to the youngest playing a season together. They may even get a leprechaun that lives across the road as well to pre-season training.

BIGSHOW
2nd December 2009, 04:41 PM
Rafters see that taz is coaching at parra next season.Theres plenty of room for a jolly green giant at the dockyard

sam
2nd December 2009, 05:07 PM
I think North Shore may have got 2 of the best from Mac Uni and maybe 1 more to come.If Mac Uni lose players can they do alright in div 1?

Rafters
2nd December 2009, 08:57 PM
Rafters see that taz is coaching at parra next season.Theres plenty of room for a jolly green giant at the dockyard

Should be a great opportunity for Tassie. And yes I can see that there is plenty of room ... but do you really want someone that turns like the Queen Mary??

Hawknik
3rd December 2009, 07:51 AM
I think North Shore may have got 2 of the best from Mac Uni and maybe 1 more to come.If Mac Uni lose players can they do alright in div 1?

Good question Sam, the players you talk about are good and will be missed, but I think you will find they seem to have some handy additions also.

Suppose time will tell....

Mahatma
3rd December 2009, 08:21 AM
hear training numbers are low hawk

sam
3rd December 2009, 09:39 AM

i would say better numbers then sum clubs who have not started ie Balmain..

Mahatma
3rd December 2009, 09:45 AM
thats a great point sam. well done. straight to the top of the class.

Hawknik
3rd December 2009, 10:07 AM

Numbers are quite good for pre-xmas. In fact, same as last year with lowest turn out being 22 and has reached past 35 on other sessions - I think that is pretty good.

Stepping up a Div will always be difficult, and the Club does not shy away from that point, obviously the quality of play on the field will need to step up with it as there are some very good teams on Div 1. Losing a couple of quality players will hurt any team, but if you can then recruit, well you can move on which DK and the guys have been onto for some time and it is looking good in that area - new recruit from west torrens in Adelaide and a couple of country nsw players already.

I am not saying we have recruited the world and we are flag favourites, far from it (but striving to), just that some are trickling in.

Are you training Mahatma?

PS - numbers should increase when this ageing wannabe gets back on deck!!;)

Mahatma
3rd December 2009, 10:27 AM
the saints start next wedneseday i'll be able to walk down to training and have a run.
yeah i heard they are waiting for you to start before they go down

Pekay
3rd December 2009, 10:37 AM
the saints start next wedneseday i'll be able to walk down to training and have a run.
yeah i heard they are waiting for you to start before they go down

I hear Maroubra's official colours will be tan and blonde to reflect your dreamboat looks Mahatma...

Mug Punter
4th December 2009, 10:33 PM
Not sure how reliable it is, but I was chatting to a fella who was speaking with Chicka, apparently all Kassems will be playing, Eid & Medair included.

With all due respect to their abilities as footballers I'd hate to be building a club around that mob......

Mug Punter
4th December 2009, 10:36 PM
48 hour detox mate its easier to throw mud when you have no club to stand up for.pug munters coming down to balmains first preseason run for a laugh so i will keep a eye out for a overweight guy hiding behind a bush laughing with his laptop in hand.

Whatever........

Pekay
5th December 2009, 07:40 AM
With all due respect to their abilities as footballers I'd hate to be building a club around that mob......

They'll be screwed if there's a wedding on.

Doormat
5th December 2009, 07:14 PM
You wont have to worry you will go back un-opened:eek:

Lock these in

1- Crouch - Sydney uni
2- Fosdike - Sydney Uni
3- Vlatko - Bombers
4- Balmain will have no coach
5- Jarjoura - ECE
6- Strudwick - ECE
7- lavery - Sydney Uni
8- Underwood - ECE

They'll be screwed if there's a wedding on.

tara
5th December 2009, 09:53 PM

Care to elaborate?

Mug Punter
5th December 2009, 11:50 PM
Care to elaborate?

Yeah no dramas at all....

Yeah, 2001 saw them win the flag for the Goannas after an ill-tempered 2000 finals campaign but they do not do our code proud.......

Norris Lurker
6th December 2009, 12:02 AM

Lock these in

1- Crouch - Sydney uni
2- Fosdike - Sydney Uni
3- Vlatko - Bombers
5- Jarjoura - ECE
6- Strudwick - ECE
7- lavery - Sydney Uni
8- Underwood - ECE
6 & 7 are bull@@@@. Don't know about the others but I have suspicions they are too.
How will a team without a coach work?

The Purse
6th December 2009, 10:24 AM

Lock these in

1- Crouch - Sydney uni
2- Fosdike - Sydney Uni
3- Vlatko - Bombers
5- Jarjoura - ECE
6- Strudwick - ECE
7- lavery - Sydney Uni
8- Underwood - ECE

Doormat on ball again.............

Vlatko, trained with ECE this week
Jarjoura.... not seen and hopefully not
Strudwick.... not heard of or seen down there
Underwood.... have not seen at training either.
Balmain no coach.... there will be one no doubt with press releases no doubt to come

Pekay
6th December 2009, 11:21 AM
Looks as though rehab had no effect.

Bert
7th December 2009, 02:50 PM
Care to elaborate?

They are relatively well known at the judiciary.

The Late Mail
8th December 2009, 11:53 AM

Lock these in

1- Crouch - Sydney uni NO
2- Fosdike - Sydney Uni NO
3- Vlatko - Bombers NO
4- Balmain will have no coach SEE BELOW
5- Jarjoura - ECE NO
6- Strudwick - ECE NO
7- lavery - Sydney Uni NO
8- Underwood - ECE NO

2010 Balmain Dockers Committee (http://www.balmaindockers.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=248:2010-balmain-dockers-committee&catid=47:theclub)

You are a clown Doorstopper.

ShortHalfHead
8th December 2009, 12:26 PM
Hope the Dockers have less vacancies than their committee.