PDA

View Full Version : Luke Ablett to sign 2 year contract with GC

chuckie
8th December 2009, 08:04 AM
Reports on Melbourne radio this morning suggest that Luke Ablett will sign a 2 year contract with the Gold Coast today.

goswannie14
8th December 2009, 08:37 AM
That will make two of the three that they are after. I wonder if they can get the hat-trick?

Primmy
8th December 2009, 08:48 AM
That's terrific. I am glad he is wanted. He will bring experience and a hard body. Excellent. Happy now.

Jeffers1984
8th December 2009, 08:58 AM
and Gary Ablett holding initial talks with GC17 about a possible move up there. GC are reported to be able to offer Ablett up to 1.6 million a season. :eek:

All 3 Abletts in the GC?

swansrob
8th December 2009, 09:24 AM
I believe I suggested the possibility of all three Ablett's playing at GC17 in another thread a month or two ago...

reigning premier
8th December 2009, 09:32 AM
I can just see it now..... prelim final 2011.... Sydney Swans Vs GC try hards.... Swans lead by 3 pts... 28 seconds left on the clock... GAJ wrestles the ball free from a contest, pursued by Kieran Jack as he bursts through the centre of XXXX stadium. The crowd roars.... One bounce... two... ducks an aging Brett Kirk.... spots his brother on a strong lead from the square.... Jack puts in one last effort to pressure GAJ but he gets the kick away... Nathan is leading into space and the ball looks to be falling perfectly onto his chest...

Luke crashes the pack of 1 (Nathan Ablett) and the ball falls to the ground... B2 seizes the opportunity and kicks it off the ground long to the vacant wing... the ball stops motionless on centre wing... siren sounds...

That's when you'll all remember why we delisted him.

giant
8th December 2009, 09:42 AM
Felt sure the denouement would involve Luke passing short across the goals to Gary Rohan....

reigning premier
8th December 2009, 10:10 AM
Felt sure the denouement would involve Luke passing short across the goals to Gary Rohan....

That was in the opening stages of the final quarter to give the Swans teh lead for the first time all night. And far too obvious for story line IMO.... :cool:

top40
8th December 2009, 02:27 PM
Really good news! NOK deserves a good break.

If they get the Tuck brothers plus Gary Junior, they might as well call the team the "Gold Coast Abletts"

Primmy
8th December 2009, 02:52 PM
That's when you'll all remember why we delisted him.

We didn't delist him. They wanted to keep him on, at least as a mentor. He decided he didn't like the offer on the plate and wanted a different approach elsewhere.

Plugger46
8th December 2009, 02:54 PM
We didn't delist him. They wanted to keep him on, at least as a mentor. He decided he didn't like the offer on the plate and wanted a different approach elsewhere.

Gloss it up any way you want. He got de-listed as a player.

Jewels
8th December 2009, 02:58 PM

Hahaha, true that.........

dimelb
8th December 2009, 03:55 PM
I'm pleased for Noggy, and glad GC agreed he had more to offer. I wonder how much his so-so form this year was down to dengue fever and whether he'll bounce back to his useful best.

BSA5
8th December 2009, 04:19 PM

Senior player. The Swans still wanted him as a depth player, as well as mentor. His role would still have been a playing one. Otherwise they would have offered him role as a member of staff, rather than a playing contract.

Rod_
8th December 2009, 04:45 PM
Didn't he have Ross River Fever at the start of the year. It take at least 12 months to get over that.. G

ood move by Gold Coast and I'm pleased that he will still be playing cause I don't think he is done with yet.. (Can also see why he was dropped as we need room to grow into over the next 2 years..)

Rod_

Plugger46
8th December 2009, 04:51 PM
Senior player. The Swans still wanted him as a depth player, as well as mentor. His role would still have been a playing one. Otherwise they would have offered him role as a member of staff, rather than a playing contract.

Sounds to me as if they were saying - "you're not in our best 22 unless we have a number of injuries, so you're not likely to play". They clearly didn't 'want' him too much.

BSA5
8th December 2009, 06:05 PM
Sounds to me as if they were saying - "you're not in our best 22 unless we have a number of injuries, so you're not likely to play". They clearly didn't 'want' him too much.

Of course. But they considered him potentially in the top 38, so it wasn't a fully traditional delistment.

The Big Cat
8th December 2009, 06:58 PM
Really good news! NOK deserves a good break.

Who's NOK? Neville O'Keefe?

Bear
8th December 2009, 07:13 PM
Cut the crap.

He got de-listed.

I repeat. He got de-listed. That IS what happened.

The ifs, buts, maybes and should'ves didn't eventuate.

HE GOT DE-LISTED FFS.

Some people would argue that black is white. I'm not sure how you'd expect to be taken seriously on anything after that :rolleyes:

8th December 2009, 07:53 PM
Just spent a number of evenings looking at replays paying particular attention to players that get a lot of airplay here on RWO.

Confirmed in my mind that NOG is just a moderate footballer with very average skills. Good luck to him in the future but happy that we've mved him on and made way for younger players with higher skill levels.

BSA5
8th December 2009, 08:33 PM
Cut the crap.

He got de-listed.

HE GOT DE-LISTED FFS.

Some people would argue that black is white. I'm not sure how you'd expect to be taken seriously on anything after that :rolleyes:

No harm looking at intentions. I never said he wasn't delisted, simply that the delistment wasn't under the exact same circumstances as most are.

And I could very easily argue that black is white. It's impossible to know how other people see colours. What I see as black (the image in my window of perception) could be the same colour that you would call white. We wouldn't know. You could see colours completely inverted to me. How our mind's eye perceives things is simply a construction. So while we recognise a black object as black, it is only because whatever tone you see on "black" objects is what you know as black, and all you've ever known as black, and the same applies to me.

And yes, I'm very annoying. :)

DeadlyAkkuret
8th December 2009, 08:42 PM
Hahaha awesome BSA5 :D

Wardy
9th December 2009, 06:54 AM
Cut the crap.

He got de-listed.

HE GOT DE-LISTED FFS.

Blimey - talk about a Bear with a sore head! ;)

j s
9th December 2009, 09:22 AM
and Gary Ablett holding initial talks with GC17 about a possible move up there. GC are reported to be able to offer Ablett up to 1.6 million a season. :eek:

All 3 Abletts in the GC?
Why not make it four with Ryan?

Or six - Shane & Travis Tuck are also Abletts.

reigning premier
9th December 2009, 09:57 AM
No harm looking at intentions. I never said he wasn't delisted, simply that the delistment wasn't under the exact same circumstances as most are.

And I could very easily argue that black is white. It's impossible to know how other people see colours. What I see as black (the image in my window of perception) could be the same colour that you would call white. We wouldn't know. You could see colours completely inverted to me. How our mind's eye perceives things is simply a construction. So while we recognise a black object as black, it is only because whatever tone you see on "black" objects is what you know as black, and all you've ever known as black, and the same applies to me.

And yes, I'm very annoying. :)

Whatever helps you sleep. But how many kids do you know have the dream of playing in the reserves for Sydney in the Canberra league?

BSA5
9th December 2009, 12:01 PM
Whatever helps you sleep. But how many kids do you know have the dream of playing in the reserves for Sydney in the Canberra league?

None. Which is precisely why Ablett asked the Swans not to re-draft him (rookie list or otherwise). It doesn't change the fact that the Swans definitely entertained the idea of keeping him on the list in a playing capacity, and that it was at least partly Ablett's choice that this didn't eventuate.

Nico
9th December 2009, 05:39 PM
Gee people can be harsh, have you all forgotten his meat raffle ad? I believe this got him into the leadership group.