PDA

View Full Version : Dan Currie

hammo
2nd January 2010, 12:53 PM
Dan Currie is either having the best pre season ever seen or the players are having a gee up. Just about every player in the Q&As on the website nominate him as the standout performer so far and most likely to debut.

Hopefully both are true...

Molly dooker
2nd January 2010, 05:45 PM
I would think that it's true, he knows he's under the pump to show why he's a "keeper" when we've just stocked up on ruckman. I watched him in the 2's last year and I don't know how the Swans can fit him in the forward area but he was a bit of a gun up there. He had great hands, a good leap and fairly accurate kicking from memory. The only thing lacking was body mass.

Maybe he should be put down the back as our tall down there, make him our #1 backman if he's enhanced his fitness, speed and mass. He should learn some tricks from the best opposition forwards and then send him to kick a ton or two once Bradshaw has left us?

Of course he could back up ruck anywhere he played, but from what I've seen the Swans will have to find a role for the boy/man as he has a lot of talent and I can't wait for him to be ready for the 1's.