PDA

View Full Version : Name The Team

Mug Punter
21st February 2010, 06:02 PM
Anyone else having problems registering their name?

I had the Bogans rejected but also tried one their suggestions and also got knocked back.

What a pathetic "campaign" to drum up "passion" for the team. Apart from being able to see Sheeds in pink and lime green I see no merit in this at all. We'll never know because this is such a stage-managed shambles but I would bet that the vast majority of their responses are ones of ridicule.

Two years until this mob are meant to be a competitive outfit. Crikey they have their work cut out....

Asterix
22nd February 2010, 01:49 PM
I was thinking of submitting The Flannos.

If they did this in Melbourne there would be a fair few people trying to sabotage this methinks.

Pink and purple as the colours maybe?

Big Al
22nd February 2010, 02:13 PM
How about the "Greater Western Cheetahs" in honour of all the Centrelink recipients in Western Sydney.

Asterix
22nd February 2010, 04:40 PM
Hee hee. The joke might not be understood for years.

goswannie14
22nd February 2010, 04:41 PM
How about the "Greater Western Cheetahs" in honour of all the Centrelink recipients in Western Sydney.What about "Cougars" with all of the old tarts out there chasing the young footballers!!!

beameup
22nd February 2010, 05:18 PM
I think it should be something truly symbolic representing the absolute best of the western suburbs of Sydney. It could be anything at all but must be important and recognisable with true meaning.

So I propose............................@@@@ can't think of anything

Big Al
22nd February 2010, 06:46 PM
I think it should be something truly symbolic representing the absolute best of the western suburbs of Sydney. It could be anything at all but must be important and recognisable with true meaning.

So I propose............................@@@@ can't think of anything

Hey I live in the Western Suburbs and there a lot of great things out here like.....

ummm

mmmm

ok @@@@ it...you win.

Matt79
22nd February 2010, 06:47 PM
The Greater Western Sydney Mullets.

As part of the membership pack, the hat could include a mullet on it. The crowd would look like gold with their 'mullet hats'!

ROK Lobster
22nd February 2010, 06:52 PM
The Panthers. Get some League fans along by mistake.

Wardy
23rd February 2010, 01:15 PM
I entered the West Sydney Colts - Colt - meaning Young & Fledgling - just like this new club is. The more negative crap being written in the daily fish wrappers, the more I'm hopeing like hell that GWS does really well. I see Sheeds has already put a few mill into the NSW economy by purchasing some Digs on the Parramatta River - Well done Sheeds!!!

ShockOfHair
23rd February 2010, 04:44 PM
Much as I'd like to see them called the Flannels or the Clowns, the Colts is not a bad name.

Primmy
24th February 2010, 11:04 PM
What about "Cougars" with all of the old tarts out there chasing the young footballers!!!

Oi! You! Stay out of it......

Me, I went for the Bogan Moths....no joy there though.

rojo
25th February 2010, 12:02 AM
As my knowledge of GW Sydney culture is gleaned more or less from the opinions of RWO posters, it is probably a little limited - but how would GWS Gorillas fit?

Yuri H
25th February 2010, 11:46 AM
Half of me hopes they choose an interesting Aussie-not-US-football-team-sounding name, maybe a native animal or something, and pick really cool colours. But then the other half of me doesn't want them to be too appealing and make me like them too much, since once they're up and running they'll be Our Bitter Rivals and all.

dimelb
25th February 2010, 02:42 PM
The Blacktown Bilbies, because by the time they pay for their players, the bill'll be huge!
(Sorry, couldn't restrain myself)

Wardy
25th February 2010, 02:44 PM
:rofl oh my sides!!!!