PDA

View Full Version : Annual cursing of AFL web site

ShockOfHair
27th February 2010, 06:02 PM
The latest trick is it freezes my IE browser when I click on a story.

Question for those living outside Oz: has anyone bothered to subscribe for the Aussie Sport website? It charges US$10 a month. It's impossible to watch any video on the AFL site - I can understand the AFL protecting games coverage, but this is ridiculous.

I'm guessing it's because Telstra didn't want to carry the bandwidth cost of all those millions of AFL fans abroad watching streaming video of Andy D's press conferences.

Northern_Swan
27th February 2010, 08:14 PM
They are showing the NAB cup games live for free. coverage actually not too bad. Ive got the swans v saints game streaming through my tv as i type. Haven't use aussie sport - i generally go to the local aussie pub and watch the downdoads

Reggi
28th February 2010, 07:26 AM
Guys, my advice is to complain to BigPond, tell them what problems you have and don't assume they know there is a problem

ShockOfHair
28th February 2010, 09:11 PM
The real beef is about the international rights, which is an AFL issue, not Big Pond. and yes, I would complain to them about it but they don't have an email address on their site. I assume it's bewcuase their policy is to leave the fans to the clubs but this is really an AFL issue, not a Swans issue.

I do get to see four games each weekend during the season on the Aust Network. I'm just curious to see if anyone found the Aussie Sport subscription worthwhile.

satchmopugdog
7th March 2010, 10:10 AM
Guys, my advice is to complain to BigPond, tell them what problems you have and don't assume they know there is a problem
I spent an Easter two years ago trying to get my message across about my problems and how to get them fixed. The only reason I wanted to get Bigpond was so I could watch the match replays. After 5 days,days not hours, of trying and waiting in queues over the phone etc. I gave up. When my contract expires am going to switch.