PDA

View Full Version : Seaby - I'm not the other Mumford

Reggi
1st March 2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/90043/default.aspx

Must say his first two outings for Sydney, his mobility has been impressive. Better than expected and probably his best footy is ahead of him

TheHood
1st March 2010, 08:27 PM
I have very little expectation of Seaby and blowing 3 points on the weekend shows that he's not that engaged. I didn't rate him at his peak with WCE either. Hope he goes well though.

caj23
2nd March 2010, 08:22 AM
Got to remember that he is 25 y.o and as a ruckman his best years are ahead of him. Lets hope the brainfades aren't a regular occurrence, otherwise he's been good so far

Go Swannies
2nd March 2010, 08:52 AM
Seaby comes with a lot better credentials than Jolly did (ie Cox better than White and Seaby giving way to the Nick Nat phenomenon). I've seen nothing to suggest that we'll get smashed in the ruck while he settles in. And the strong competition right now for our No 1 ruck position has to be good.

Number 43
2nd March 2010, 09:04 AM
As well as being competitive in ruck contests his ability to pick up kicks around the ground and his control of the ball has been impressive. He moves pretty well for a ruckman.

Matimbo
2nd March 2010, 09:07 AM
Re Seaby, I'm not that worried about the 3 point thing as in the real season playing on would have been the right thing to do. So IMO no point criticising him too much for an otherwise correct instinct decision. On the other hand, I do agree that he had a few other clangers on the night that were concerning.

Re Mumford, while I sometimes had a bit of trouble picking which ruckman was on the field as they all look a bit alike, the times when it was Mumford in the ruck contest he seemed to be very dominant - pretty much always getting his body into the St Kilda ruckman first and most often getting the tap down. Did others see his performance the same as I did? I think he was really promising and my current pick for #1 ruckman.

Jeffers1984
2nd March 2010, 09:09 AM
Seaby has a strong basketball background and you can see he is pretty mobile around the ground.

Jewels
2nd March 2010, 09:40 AM
Re Seaby, I'm not that worried about the 3 point thing as in the real season playing on would have been the right thing to do. So IMO no point criticising him too much for an otherwise correct instinct decision. On the other hand, I do agree that he had a few other clangers on the night that were concerning.

Re Mumford, while I sometimes had a bit of trouble picking which ruckman was on the field as they all look a bit alike, the times when it was Mumford in the ruck contest he seemed to be very dominant - pretty much always getting his body into the St Kilda ruckman first and most often getting the tap down. Did others see his performance the same as I did? I think he was really promising and my current pick for #1 ruckman.

Yep, I'm with you, I thought Mumfords ruck work was fantastic.

undy
2nd March 2010, 10:03 AM
Luke Darcy had a weird whine on Seaby towards the end of the TV coverage, repeatedly saying that he was too short to be a ruckman and was really a winger. Not sure if I missed something earlier in the commentary that this played on or if Darcy just has issues with Seaby (who is taller than Darcy, according to the Swans).

Jewels
2nd March 2010, 10:33 AM
Luke Darcy had a weird whine on Seaby towards the end of the TV coverage, repeatedly saying that he was too short to be a ruckman and was really a winger. Not sure if I missed something earlier in the commentary that this played on or if Darcy just has issues with Seaby (who is taller than Darcy, according to the Swans).

I think it was said as a joke after something had been said earlier about Seaby letting ruckmen down with his decision to play on and not take the supergoal.

undy
2nd March 2010, 11:23 AM
I think it was said as a joke after something had been said earlier about Seaby letting ruckmen down with his decision to play on and not take the supergoal.

Ah ! Thanks, thought it was out of character for Darcy to have a go at someone. That's what comes of posting to RWO while watching.

DST
2nd March 2010, 05:58 PM
I think you can sum him up in word, neat!

Everything he does is tidy and with a minimum of fuss which is exactly what you want from a ruckman and is especially good considering that he will be working with Mumford who is the exact opposite, in that he is big, brash and bold throwing his weight around and prone to the occasional brain fade when taking risks.

Together they could make a vey handy pairing.

DST
;)

ShockOfHair
2nd March 2010, 06:01 PM
Seaby + Mumford > Jolly

Primmy
2nd March 2010, 06:17 PM
Well if he was injured last year our geeks should be able to keep him fit and healthy. That has to be a plus coming to Sydney nowadays.