PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos......What's the go???

FredFlintstone
28th March 2010, 08:20 AM
Did I miss something in the off season? What's with all the new tattoo's on the players arms and shoulders in particular - new recruits and old ones? :confused:

Wardy
28th March 2010, 10:50 AM
Did I miss something in the off season? What's with all the new tattoo's on the players arms and shoulders in particular - new recruits and old ones? :confused:

Comments were made about Whites artwork - not that complimentary either by the radio lads Intimating that perhaps that he thinks he's better than he actually is. Harsh maybe, but perhaps a bit of truth.

Primmy
28th March 2010, 11:26 AM
Jesse has always been a bit flash, witness big ear stud, and his original gemstone tat on forearm. Its his style, sure as hell isn't mine, but so be it. Big Spida left a tat hole when he left.

However I don't know any of the other boys getting anything conspicuous. Kirky has had his for years, and they mean something to him. Braddles has his arm tat with a personal name message.. like MickyO had with his kids. Don't know anyone else.

CureTheSane
28th March 2010, 12:36 PM
Comments were made about Whites artwork - not that complimentary either by the radio lads Intimating that perhaps that he thinks he's better than he actually is. Harsh maybe, but perhaps a bit of truth.

Yeah, because players get tattoos to show how 'good they are' I guess....

All these tatts around makes me want to go and get myself a big face tattoo.
and I'll probably get those things in my ears which stretch them out to the size of dinner plates and make them look incredibly awesome :D

BSA5
28th March 2010, 01:52 PM
and I'll probably get those things in my ears which stretch them out to the size of dinner plates and make them look incredibly awesome :D

*shudder*.

On another note, I kinda want a tatt. Nothing big. Or meaningful. Or conspicuous. Or, well, anything. I'm thinking a small black dot on my right shoulder, 3mm or so in diameter. Just so I know what it's like to have one. Or a short, thin, black line on the inside of my upper arm. Something completely meaningless, minimalist, and almost impossible to notice.

Primmy
28th March 2010, 01:55 PM
*shudder*.

On another note, I kinda want a tatt. Nothing big. Or meaningful. Or conspicuous. Or, well, anything. I'm thinking a small black dot on my right shoulder, 3mm or so in diameter. Just so I know what it's like to have one. Or a short, thin, black line on the inside of my upper arm. Something completely meaningless, minimalist, and almost impossible to notice.

Go for it. and then please post a picture for us to have a look at. And we won't tell anyone. I like the thin line. Truly meaningfully meaningless. The dot would look just like a mole which is also meaningless, but not as puzzling as noone would notice.

CureTheSane
28th March 2010, 02:22 PM
There are two types of tattoos.
Those which are personal and not meant for everyone to see, and those which are public and are there for everyone to see.
The worst kind are word which are really hard to read because of the weird font used, and also because of Old English fonts.

Lucky Knickers
28th March 2010, 03:54 PM
There are two types of tattoos.
Those which are personal and not meant for everyone to see, and those which are public and are there for everyone to see.
The worst kind are word which are really hard to read because of the weird font used, and also because of Old English fonts.
Do you have one in mind? ;) I would also add those that are curved.
It's so bizarre that commentators would be so desperate for anything credible to say that they will link a footballers skills with their ink work. Oh wait? Maybe not
Gees Judd must really bit crap then if only good players are allowed to have ink.

cruiser
28th March 2010, 04:15 PM
I pose an alternative question. What is it with people posting judgemental threads about how other people choose to look? Are they turning into their fathers? or their mothers?

Jewels
28th March 2010, 06:46 PM

They're pretty timid compared to Dane Swans and I bet there's not to many commentators bagging him today

I pose an alternative question. What is it with people posting judgemental threads about how other people choose to look? Are they turning into their fathers? or their mothers?

Bingo!!!!

Tatts are an individual, personal thing and I really don't see what the problem is and what the hell they have got to do with footy?

DeadlyAkkuret
28th March 2010, 06:52 PM

Who were the dickheads who made those comments?

Bas
28th March 2010, 07:01 PM

Have you not noticed what is happening in the general public? Every man, woman and dog has a tattoo these days. I saw a girl the other day that had a tattoo which looked like she had been attacked by a 3 yr old with textas. The tattoo sleeve looks grotesque in my opinion. I wonder how long it will be before many people regret getting them. And the dinner plate ear lobes, what genius dreamt that up?

It's not a judgement but a comment. I always thought I'd get a tatt when I reached 50 but not anymore. So I look like everyone else. Not a chance now. I think I will work on impressive shoulders and arms instead. That would make a greater statement.

PS - Can someone help me get off the lounge first ;)

CureTheSane
28th March 2010, 09:37 PM
At the risk of being regarded as judgemental, or racist, or sexist - when I was in Switzerland, I was amazed at all the girls who had tattoos on their arms.
Every direction you looked you saw in pn arms.

Primmy
28th March 2010, 10:42 PM
I have wanted a tatt for years. But I know what I am like. The moment I get "exactly" what I want, I would want it slightly different......like moving furniture around my loungeroom. So as far as a tatt goes, perhaps not. But a bright red streak in my hair is still on the cards, unless I change my mind.

Bas
28th March 2010, 11:11 PM
I have wanted a tatt for years. But I know what I am like. The moment I get "exactly" what I want, I would want it slightly different......like moving furniture around my loungeroom. So as far as a tatt goes, perhaps not. But a bright red streak in my hair is still on the cards, unless I change my mind.

What about a stick on tatt. That way you can change it weekly and no one will know the difference.

Wardy
29th March 2010, 07:04 AM
Who were the dickheads who made those comments?

I know Luffy was one - and I cant recall if it was Seymour or the other bloke who agreed - anyway - each to their own - whilst If someone wants a tat terrific - I'm too chicken to even consider one - I hate pain!!!!!!

Jewels
29th March 2010, 09:46 AM
I made a pledge in September 06 that I would get a tattoo of our emblem when we win our next GF and I still plan to go ahead with that even if I'm 95 when it happens!
My friend who made the pledge with me however, has reneged on the deal!!!!!

Primmy
29th March 2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Except my physique seems to be on an expansion plan and I cannot see the tatt looking any good for any length of time. Either stretched to the limit or limp and pathetic.

Jewels
29th March 2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Except my physique seems to be on an expansion plan and I cannot see the tatt looking any good for any length of time. Either stretched to the limit or limp and pathetic.

Yes, I'm on that trajectory also Prim, so the plan is that it will start about the size of a 10c piece, then with natural expansion, grow to about 50c plus!

Dalai Lama
29th March 2010, 10:31 AM
Tough stickers ?
Snow Whites ink work may have actually affected his ability to mark the ball?

cheersquadsteve
30th March 2010, 07:09 PM
the only difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos is that people with tattoos dont care that people without tattoos dont have tattoos

goswannie14
30th March 2010, 07:23 PM
the only difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos is that people with tattoos dont care that people without tattoos dont have tattoosYep, you're right, I couldn't give a stuff if people don't have them. I don't think I'm alone.

pinkemu
30th March 2010, 09:55 PM
Personally I'm a bit sick of seeing the one armed footballer. I hope they die out soon and don't come back like yo -yo's