PDA

View Full Version : mcGlynn

matthew
4th April 2010, 04:53 PM
i can't believe the hawks let him go, he will come in real handy.

CJK
4th April 2010, 05:05 PM
I wasn't sure why we went after him. I now know.

Good feeling.

Mrs Shaw
4th April 2010, 05:36 PM
What a great game he played today, he has definately found his feet.

Bas
4th April 2010, 06:02 PM
Quiet last week but both he and Kennedy "did" today.

goswannie14
4th April 2010, 06:05 PM
There are a few posters here that could be red faced after his performance today. It was interesting that he and Kennedy were playing like they really knew what the other was going to be doing. Very happy with all opf the trades that played today.

GoSouth33
4th April 2010, 06:16 PM
More than any other team, the Swans are being shown as being the great recyclers. And isn't it fantastic giving good players second chances.....

teddys mum
4th April 2010, 08:37 PM
how he was at both end of the ground at once I'll never know - 3 brownlow points

Nico
4th April 2010, 08:42 PM
McGlynn was really good in the second half of 2009 as was Kennedy. McGlynn showed today how smart a footballer he is. That deft tap in front of himself in a marking contest that resulted in a goal was a good example. He knows where to go and after a couple of clangers and those misses early on his perfromance was flawless. He works back and forward and knows where to run. He was like a good chess player today. He seemed to know what the next move was well in advance and got most of goals that way. He found space and ran forward at the critical moment and was on his own.

Reggi
4th April 2010, 09:10 PM
He's the new or next Robert Teal

TheHood
4th April 2010, 09:55 PM
It's funny with McGlynn because I don't think he's particularly brilliant but he's such an energiser bunny that he can clean up his own mistakes after harrassing opposition backmen into emmulating his mistakes. His enthusiasm is infectious too.

Good on him, he will be a tough match up from time to time and there is no doubt his colour and movement is will keep us all entertained. Great output today, he followed the nugget like an enthusiastic 9 year old and it paid big dividends.

Roscoe
4th April 2010, 10:04 PM
Posters on the Hawthorn Board at Big Footy gave him the nickname of "mighty mouse" after the
small but courageous cartoon charachter

His disposal can be a bit off at times, but he sure is a tough little mother@@@@@@@*r

So hard at the ball and his forward line pressure is sensational

Captain
4th April 2010, 10:41 PM
His disposal can be a bit off at times, but he sure is a tough little mother@@@@@@@*r

Perfect way to sum him up :)

hot potato
4th April 2010, 11:28 PM
There is nothing better than an infectious and an effective player in your team, and he's choc full of confidence.

HP

Robbo
4th April 2010, 11:38 PM
Looks like we may of found our small forward. Very good today.

BSA5
5th April 2010, 12:14 AM
It seems to me that he will never be a Mr Reliable, he'll miss shots and make mistakes and occasionally have days that just make you want to see the back of him, but when things come off, he'll prove to be a matchwinner. Kind of like Nick Davis, though more in the traditional Swans mould of being held back by poor disposal rather than inconsistent effort, so he'll probably stick around longer. You need players like that, game breakers. If every player is like that you're in trouble, but you need a couple.

swantastic
5th April 2010, 12:29 AM
he was very good 2day,fingers crossed he can carry on with it

schwattasboots
5th April 2010, 08:33 AM
what a fantasic perfomance from the ex hawk ben mcglynn expacillay when he kicked 5 goals

go benny mcglynn

and go the swans

ScottH
5th April 2010, 11:56 AM
"best game of his career" he told the HS.

swanspant12
5th April 2010, 01:38 PM
great game from mcglynn. roosy really knows where to put players to get the best out of them. another example seaby he drifted into the forward line on a number of occasions and kicked goals. roosy is amazing in getting the best of players.

Peace
5th April 2010, 02:19 PM
my mates and i have already given him the name "magneto" he is an absolute ball magnet. I like it :)

ernie koala
5th April 2010, 02:39 PM
He had a great game, he certainly Knows how to find the ball. (And Kennedy certainly knows how to find him)
But don't forget, he was being marked by a 1st gamer, all game. I couldn't understand why Craig didn't try a more experienced player on him in the second half.
So I wouldn't expect he'll get that much time and space, and lack of pressure, in the future.

Nico
5th April 2010, 04:05 PM
He had a great game, he certainly Knows how to find the ball. (And Kennedy certainly knows how to find him)
But don't forget, he was being marked by a 1st gamer, all game. I couldn't understand why Craig didn't try a more experienced player on him in the second half.
So I wouldn't expect he'll get that much time and space, and lack of pressure, in the future.

But this is where we have improved. Will he get the small defender and who gets him when he runs into the midfield? We have more options that makes it harder for the opposition to man up everyone. Bit like Geelong has been.

Bas
5th April 2010, 10:02 PM
He is a MUm trainer? How talented is this bloke. No doubt in ironing.

He certainly ironed out the Crows defence yesterday.

Apparently everytime the Swans scored, the Crow supporters were heard to do a crow call!

Auntie.Gerald
5th April 2010, 10:32 PM
i am really happy for Benny and got on his band wagon pre season in being excited he was joining

As stated though I still harbour my doubts on Kennedys skill and speed...........I do think Bird will continue to jump ahead in that role but hey Kennedy did ok for a Andrew Dunkley kick on him !

Kirkari
6th April 2010, 04:49 PM
McGlynn was really good in the second half of 2009 as was Kennedy. McGlynn showed today how smart a footballer he is. That deft tap in front of himself in a marking contest that resulted in a goal was a good example. He knows where to go and after a couple of clangers and those misses early on his perfromance was flawless. He works back and forward and knows where to run. He was like a good chess player today. He seemed to know what the next move was well in advance and got most of goals that way. He found space and ran forward at the critical moment and was on his own.

Taking the long road to Sydney - McGlynn - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/91349/default.aspx)

He wrote this himself, but assuming it's all true, he sounds like a True Blood.

erica
6th April 2010, 05:09 PM
He wrote this himself, but assuming it's all true, he sounds like a True Blood.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That article really sounds like it comes from the heart.

Lucky Knickers
6th April 2010, 08:05 PM
Very humble guy based on his post match interview. That was a game and a half from Mighty Mouse.