PDA

View Full Version : Hannebery Round 2 Rising Star!

Jeffers1984
6th April 2010, 12:05 PM
Great work to our young gun!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/91692/default.aspx

ItsAllGoodes
6th April 2010, 12:06 PM
Swan Hannebery round two NAB AFL Rising Star - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/91692/default.aspx)

Great result...heres hoping he cements his spot and goes on to win

ItsAllGoodes
6th April 2010, 12:07 PM
damn you beat me by that much!!!!
Can a mod please delete my thread...thanks!!!

Jeffers1984
6th April 2010, 12:08 PM
haha you snooze you lose :P

jks.

ScottH
6th April 2010, 12:26 PM
Cool. First one since Bevo!!!

caj23
6th April 2010, 12:28 PM
Short memory Scott - Jessie White round 22 last year!

CJK
6th April 2010, 12:28 PM
Wootage.

ScottH
6th April 2010, 12:32 PM

Ah yes, very short, thanks Will.

stellation
6th April 2010, 12:34 PM
Well deserved. Our midfield of the future is really starting to look quite solid.

Captain
6th April 2010, 12:41 PM
Excellent news!

Assume Barlow (Freo variety) is too old?

Bloods05
6th April 2010, 12:51 PM
Excellent news!

Or Hanners is better.

Jewels
6th April 2010, 12:51 PM
Woohoo, go Hanners!!!!!

I just love this kid and the way he plays. I was stunned after the Saints game that everyone on here wasn't oozing over his display in the ressies, but I'm wrapped that the ones that matter noticed, rewarded him and now he has gotten what he truly deserves.
If he keeps this form going throughout the season, I think he'll really be in with a shot at taking it out.

liz
6th April 2010, 01:00 PM
Ah yes, very short, thanks Will.

And there was Jack since Bevo too.

A little surprised he got it given the impact NicNat had. Banner was also pretty good for the Cats yesterday. But if it hadn't been this week it would have been soon.

Jewels
6th April 2010, 01:01 PM

Keiren Jack also got one in 2008

ugg
6th April 2010, 01:20 PM
2 in 3 rounds, we so own this award.

I have to say I thought NicNat would receive it this round. Not only did he play well but he's so eye-catching, in the same manner that Goodes's performances catch the eyes of the umpires, that I thought he would be a shoo-in.

Damien
6th April 2010, 01:35 PM
According to the rules you need to have played no more than 10 games the previous year (and be under 21), Nic Nat played 10 or 11 I think last year, so maybe isn't eligible.

Well done Hanners though :D

Jeffers1984
6th April 2010, 01:54 PM
Jetta to destroy Richmond this week to get his nom? Those blistering runs down the SCG wing will be breathtaking!

I'd like to see that!

Big Al
6th April 2010, 02:13 PM

Keiren Jack also got one in 2008

Me thinks old age is catching up...:D

DeadlyAkkuret
6th April 2010, 02:20 PM
We have something very special on our hands here people

Justice
6th April 2010, 02:21 PM
"...He represented Vic Metro in the 2000 NAB AFL Under 18 Championships"

If I was a smartarse I would say something like "big effort for a 9 year old!"

Cheers

Justice

Primmy
6th April 2010, 02:26 PM
Woohoo, go Hanners!!!!!

I just love this kid and the way he plays. I was stunned after the Saints game that everyone on here wasn't oozing over his display in the ressies, but I'm wrapped that the ones that matter noticed, rewarded him and now he has gotten what he truly deserves.
If he keeps this form going throughout the season, I think he'll really be in with a shot at taking it out.
We did Jewels, go read the ressie link!

Primmy
6th April 2010, 02:27 PM
Goood boy, very happy indeed. And daylight second.

i'm-uninformed2
6th April 2010, 02:32 PM
"...He represented Vic Metro in the 2000 NAB AFL Under 18 Championships"

If I was a smartarse I would say something like "big effort for a 9 year old!"

Cheers

Justice

I wouldnt put it past him.

Remember watching his first game in reserves and within ten minutes he stood out like the proverbial dogs . . .

As an SCG member who needs to get in early to get a good seat and front of the queue at the bar, this one grabbed my attention like no one since Adam Goodes was a gangly athletic type roaming around in 98.

He is a very pure footballer, young Dan.

Triple B
6th April 2010, 03:02 PM
I wouldnt put it past him.

Remember watching his first game in reserves and within ten minutes he stood out like the proverbial dogs . . .

As an SCG member who needs to get in early to get a good seat and front of the queue at the bar, this one grabbed my attention like no one since Adam Goodes was a gangly athletic type roaming around in 98.

He is a very pure footballer, young Dan.

Nice story, except his first game was at ANZ.

But agreed, it was obvious very early he had something special.

stellation
6th April 2010, 03:09 PM
Nice story, except his first game was at ANZ.

But agreed, it was obvious very early he had something special.
In all fairness I don't think he was saying he saw it at the SCG, I believe he was highlighting his SCG membership as a reason that he's watched a lot of reserves footy.

i'm-uninformed2
6th April 2010, 03:18 PM
Kinda - I was saying the first time I saw him was at the SCG, as opposed to when he might have had his first game.

Either way, I put my beer down and watched him almost to the exclusion of the game he was playing in.

chalbilto
6th April 2010, 03:29 PM
Excellent news!

Yes.

stellation
6th April 2010, 04:08 PM
Either way, I put my beer down and watched him
Alright, now that is a hell of a lot more shocking than it was the most exciting performance in 11 years!

Kirkari
6th April 2010, 04:26 PM
Handy Dan! What a star.

smasher
6th April 2010, 05:29 PM
Well done Hanners!!!!

alison.z
6th April 2010, 05:40 PM
excellent effort and well deserved! seemed to be at every contest and just knew where the ball was and how to get it away ... also love his enthusiasm - he looks like he loves being out there and is always the first person to congratulate a player after a goal!!

i'm-uninformed2
6th April 2010, 07:00 PM
Alright, now that is a hell of a lot more shocking than it was the most exciting performance in 11 years!

Hell, for that, I'll shout you one on Saturday night

satchmopugdog
6th April 2010, 07:16 PM
Got to watch a replay and his game stood out in that I would say to myself, "Who was that getting the ball out of there?" It was invariably Hannebery. Well done that man.

Jeffers1984
6th April 2010, 07:47 PM
And now we can all spell his name properly! :p

dimelb
6th April 2010, 08:03 PM
Onya Hanneberry - well done and well deserved.

Lucky Knickers
6th April 2010, 08:07 PM
Fabulous game from Hanners. He's one tough player. Very exciting to have a rising star so early. Might have a shot.
Does anyone else find he and ROK hard to tell apart?

Triple B
6th April 2010, 08:34 PM
And now we can all spell his name properly! :p

Onya Hanneberry - well done and well deserved.

Well not all....lol

Does anyone else find he and ROK hard to tell apart?

+1

ugg
6th April 2010, 09:13 PM
Dan Tadghannebery

I can't really see the similarties they have different builds, height, running and kicking styles

hammo
6th April 2010, 09:43 PM
Re the earlier post about Barlow, yes he is too old.

I thought Mitch Duncan yesterday had a cracker for Geelong, and it was on a bigger stage than our game, so its great he was noticed.

Hopefully it will be one of 4 nominations this year - Rohan, Vesz and Jetta to come!

Captain
6th April 2010, 10:20 PM
Yes.

Then I reckon he can win it!

dimelb
6th April 2010, 10:59 PM
Well not all....lol
Darn - an extra 'r'. I got carried away with excitement!

Bazman
6th April 2010, 11:14 PM
Nice one Dan welcome back

Jeffers1984
6th April 2010, 11:49 PM
Anyone know his contract status atm? I assume he'd be out of contract this year or next?

I'm sure GC will be sniffing around...

Dalai Lama
7th April 2010, 10:41 AM
It is more than appropriate that "Eggs" Hannebery wins the award at Easter time!

Primmy
7th April 2010, 02:51 PM
It is more than appropriate that "Eggs" Hannebery wins the award at Easter time!

Someone must have a delicious sense of humour.
I have often said that Eggs reminded me of Peb. He has the same intense concentration. they have neighbouring lockers. He has even the same hair colour and cut. Ooooooooooh.......however he does smile more than Peb.....

Lucky Knickers
7th April 2010, 07:31 PM
I just stumbled on this piece by Teddy Richards on the Swans Website (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/91826/default.aspx) on Hanners and the first nickname is a classic.

However, Dan got himself into a bit of strife over the off-season in two incidents, one involving an egg, the other involving a fence. This unique combination of events got me thinking about someone else who found himself in strife involving a wall and an egg. From these events, Dan quickly became known as ?Humpty Dumpty?.

Nicely done by Ted. Great segue to close off.

ScottH
7th April 2010, 08:06 PM
I just stumbled on this piece by Teddy Richards on the Swans Website (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/91826/default.aspx) on Hanners and the first nickname is a classic.

Nicely done by Ted. Great segue to close off.

At least the kings horses and the kings men got there act together this time!!

giant
7th April 2010, 08:06 PM
Got to watch a replay and his game stood out in that I would say to myself, "Who was that getting the ball out of there?" It was invariably Hannebery. Well done that man.

Likewise, just got to watch a replay - there's a moment at the 8.30 mark of Q1 where the ball gets belted towrds the pack and DH looks totally out of position - next moment, ball's in his hand, handpass shot out to Malceski and inside 50 results in a goal. Noice....

Lucky Knickers
7th April 2010, 08:56 PM
Likewise, just got to watch a replay - there's a moment at the 8.30 mark of Q1 where the ball gets belted towrds the pack and DH looks totally out of position - next moment, ball's in his hand, handpass shot out to Malceski and inside 50 results in a goal. Noice....
I love people the post the EXACT time of something special......<queue replay>
I just watched that great tackle by Seaby slightly earlier and the reflex by Hanners to snag that ball off balance and fire out the perfect handball - lovely.

Kirkari
7th April 2010, 09:54 PM

Sometimes it's like he has go-go-gadget arms - you think there's no way he can pick up a handball or a kick, and then there it is.

sharp9
8th April 2010, 08:05 PM
I thought he was flippin' incredible on Sunday...soooo clean...soooo balanced and got handballs out of the thick of it brilliantly to advantage....tackled superbly for a fairly skinny bloke. Cannot believe he was pick 32 (or something)....every time he touched the ball there was absolute class about it.....yummy, yummy!!!:cool:

BigD
8th April 2010, 09:29 PM
Well Done Hanners. I thought he looked something special last year. After last week I now have no doubt we have a future superstar here.

Yuri H
8th April 2010, 10:39 PM
Someone must have a delicious sense of humour.
I have often said that Eggs reminded me of Peb. He has the same intense concentration. they have neighbouring lockers. He has even the same hair colour and cut. Ooooooooooh.......however he does smile more than Peb.....

Ahhh ... I can tell 'em apart from behind.

RogueSwan
9th April 2010, 11:40 AM
Ahhh ... I can tell 'em apart from behind.

You can tell their behinds apart. Good ol' bubble butt Pebbles

Lucky Knickers
17th April 2010, 08:11 PM
I was reading Dan's Diary (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/92502/default.aspx)on Swans Website today.
From the fans, Dan, please keep doing everything your doing

I generally like to listen to a bit of music and relax myself for a little bit, but then I try to really pump myself up before the first warm-up. A lot of the guys get stuck into me for being too excited - I get really pumped and clap my hands, start shouting stuff and kick the footy really hard to the other blokes, I probably need to make sure over the next few weeks or months or years, that I wind that down a bit and save up a bit of energy before I go on the field, but at the moment it really helps.
Hope all the relos are signing up as members!

ScottH
17th April 2010, 08:45 PM
Smashed them today, esp in the second hafl.

Primmy
17th April 2010, 08:53 PM
That's ma boy!

Robbo
17th April 2010, 09:00 PM
Does anyone know what his contractual situation is? We need to move now and sign this boy asap if he is out of contract.

ScottH
17th April 2010, 09:02 PM
Had to laugh when Rawlings got stuck into him for missing his target, only for Rawlings to then kick the ball out of their F50, and then come straight back in to You Know Who. Who then had a shot at goal.

mcs
18th April 2010, 01:18 AM
He was fantastic again today, very close if not BOG. He is a gun and we need to make sure he is signed up long term.

TheHood
18th April 2010, 08:20 AM
How's the gun...Dan is magnificent and not to brag, but I called it on debut. :cool:

When North put Rawlings on him, I knew we had a midfield gun that can't be stopped. He then went on to towel Rawlings up.

I have revised my pre-season prediction, Swans are now to aim for the Top 4.

smasher
18th April 2010, 08:48 AM
Awesome display,particularily in the third quarter! Well done by young Dan.

Jeffers1984
19th April 2010, 11:09 AM
Nice article from Leigh Matthews on young Hanners. Jetta gets a nice mention to.

Clicky (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/92583/default.aspx)