PDA

View Full Version : Kings Cross Park n Ride Cancelled for 2010

randwforever
9th April 2010, 10:30 AM
Hi all,

A reminder that due to the unplanned closure of Club Swans the Kings Cross Park n Ride has been cancelled for 2010.

However, Swans members can park for free at the Wilson Parking on Goulburn St using the parking vouchers included in their membership packs. An SCG express return shuttle will start running 2 hours before the game.

Alternate free parking with no voucher is available at UNSW Barker St. An SCG return express shutle will also run from here.

For more info visit the Match Day info page on the Swans Website here (/http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/match%20day%20info/tabid/15649/default.aspx)

Looking forward to seeing you all out at the game tomorrow!

Cheer cheer

Larissa

CJK
9th April 2010, 10:35 AM
Shuttle bus was a godsend when I used to live in Elizabeth Bay. And I only made the mistake of going to Club Swans once.

randwforever
9th April 2010, 10:38 AM
For those of you unfamiliar with the service, the Return Express shuttle does incur a fee (sold on the forward journey only).

Adults: $5.80
Concession/Child: $2.90 (child under 15)
Family: $14.50 (two adults + onechild, remaining children in the family travel for free)

Triple B
9th April 2010, 06:21 PM
Larissa,

Has the club ever thought, or has anybody even asked, to have just one single bus run from Goulburn Street 30 mins prior to the Ressies?

I have never been able to use the bus service because the first bus is lucky to get you there by halftime.

There are a few faithful who post here and I know I see the same faces week in, week out (actually year in, year out) sitting in the same seats as the ball is bounced for the start of the reserves. I guess most do as I do and begrudgingly hand over the $15 or $20 to the bloody council for the 'privilege' of parking and leaving with a nice layer of dust at the end of the day.

I suspect that if it was promoted thru the website, emails etc. you may well find one bus is not enough!!! There are usually 6 of us in my car for a start

Food for thought.

randwforever
9th April 2010, 07:09 PM
Larissa,

Has the club ever thought, or has anybody even asked, to have just one single bus run from Goulburn Street 30 mins prior to the Ressies?

I have never been able to use the bus service because the first bus is lucky to get you there by halftime.

There are a few faithful who post here and I know I see the same faces week in, week out (actually year in, year out) sitting in the same seats as the ball is bounced for the start of the reserves. I guess most do as I do and begrudgingly hand over the $15 or $20 to the bloody council for the 'privilege' of parking and leaving with a nice layer of dust at the end of the day.

I suspect that if it was promoted thru the website, emails etc. you may well find one bus is not enough!!! There are usually 6 of us in my car for a start

Food for thought.

Excellent idea. Ill speak to the powers that be and see if its something we can do. If not this year, maybe in future.

See you at the game tomorrow. Ill be there!

Triple B
9th April 2010, 07:28 PM
Excellent idea. Ill speak to the powers that be and see if its something we can do. If not this year, maybe in future.

Thx Larissa.

Yep, I'll see u there. I'll have a red and white scarf and a red and white members cap...you can't miss me. ;)

Big Al
10th April 2010, 12:04 AM
Thx Larissa.

Yep, I'll see u there. I'll have a red and white scarf and a red and white members cap...you can't miss me. ;)

Holy @@@@ I have a twin. :D

Primmy
10th April 2010, 08:34 AM

THANK YOU Larissa, good call TB. It would make a b ig difference to my game day that's for sure.
And Larissa, I'm the one in the red jacket.