PDA

View Full Version : Will the bookies be dumb enough to offer up a price

Plugger1300
12th April 2010, 10:14 PM
I have been looking at some early prices for the Swans V North game on Saturday. Since nobody in the Media or in the corporate bookmakers really rate the Swans i'm hoping that we will get a good price.
So far $1.68 is the best i have seen but i will bet that we will see $1.72 at least.

I don't want to get to cocky but North are a very average football side and we should get the job done, why not make a quid as well.

If anyone finds a better price please let me know!!!

RED RAG
13th April 2010, 02:15 PM
I think we can win it, as long as we don't shift into neutral like we did against the tiggers.

Dalai Lama
13th April 2010, 06:09 PM
Marsupials - $15 in a two horse?

Red
13th April 2010, 06:46 PM
North always seem like an average team ... until they beat us :(

Blood
14th April 2010, 08:57 AM
North always seem like an average team ... until they beat us :(

My thoughts exactly!

Who can forget last years insipid performance at the SCG against an ordinary North side (yes we won, but geez it was painful to watch).

Jeffers1984
14th April 2010, 09:29 AM
This spells out 'Danger Game' no matter how superior we look on paper.

Let's hope we kill the game off by half time again and shut them out.

Jewels
14th April 2010, 10:56 AM
My thoughts exactly!

Who can forget last years insipid performance at the SCG against an ordinary North side (yes we won, but geez it was painful to watch).

Nor that horrendous draw the year before.
What worries me is we have been useless at the dome for the last couple of years. Hopefully, that's the next thing to turn around.

hammo
14th April 2010, 12:19 PM
This game will show whether we're serious top 4 contenders or will be battling with cluibs like North for the lower reaches of the 8. We should win comfortably but these are the games in recent seasons we have really struggled in.

johnno
14th April 2010, 12:34 PM
This spells out 'Danger Game' no matter how superior we look on paper.

Let's hope we kill the game off by half time again and shut them out.

Yep, North always seem to play well against us, they're just team we always have trounle puuting away for some reason.

Just on the bit I made bold here, I think this is what we have to get used to with the swans this year. I just have a strange feeling that the game plan for Paul Roos and the team is to blitz in the first half, build a 7-9 goal lead, and then go into a holding pattern in the second half. Could be wrong, and I hope I am, cause I wouldn't mind seeing the odd thumping, but thats what I think the boys have planned for the season ahead.

Cheer_Cheer
14th April 2010, 12:42 PM
I just have a strange feeling that the game plan for Paul Roos and the team is to blitz in the first half, build a 7-9 goal lead, and then go into a holding pattern in the second half. Could be wrong, and I hope I am, cause I wouldn't mind seeing the odd thumping, but thats what I think the boys have planned for the season ahead.

I still call a 7-9 goal win a thumping.. I will take that every day of the year.. Boo a Roo !!!

Triple B
14th April 2010, 01:23 PM
I just have a strange feeling that the game plan for Paul Roos and the team is to blitz in the first half, build a 7-9 goal lead, and then go into a holding pattern in the second half. Could be wrong, and I hope I am........

Did you actually read what u have written here???

How is this a bad thing.

johnno
14th April 2010, 01:27 PM
Did you actually read what u have written here???

How is this a bad thing.

OK, didnt mean it to sound like I was saying it was a bad thing, I was just saying it would be nice to see them go on with it after half time, which I'm sure they will.

I actually quite enjoy watching the different gameplans our team can put it in place during games. Both attacking and defensive.

Triple B
14th April 2010, 01:38 PM
No problem johnno, you've probably been influenced by all the garbage written about our 9 goal win this week.

Even the RWO match report has a ridiculous headline 'Can we have our money back please?'

Why, because we didn't turn a 9 goal lead into an 18 goal win? A large dose of reality is needed, we are a team coming off a 12th place finish last year, not defending premiers. Since when do 9 goal wins get ridiculed?

IrishSwanPerth
14th April 2010, 10:41 PM
1.60 on betfair, why am I nervous?? we could be in 2nd if we win. Lions will be beaten and Freo will loose to Saints. North are due a big game, pls dont be Sat.
I reckon it depends on Jesse and Bradshaw if both players can get 6-7 goals between them we will win easy.