PDA

View Full Version : Swans Assistant Coach 2011 Time Capsule

wearebloods
15th April 2010, 04:31 PM
With Uncle Paul to exit & Horse to take the reigns, who is going to become Assistant Coach next year?

wearebloods
15th April 2010, 04:45 PM
I reckon they won't rock the boat, so no radical changes (unless cost cutting)

If Kirk plays on next year, my money is on John Blakey with Dennis Carroll as the smokey.

Chilcott
15th April 2010, 05:11 PM
One of Horse's mates from Norf. Maybe Brett Allison might come back.

Primmy
15th April 2010, 08:27 PM
Frosty or Stuey.....Stuey is running now, and that seems to be a prerequesite.....

Lucky Knickers
15th April 2010, 08:42 PM
Frosty or Stuey.....Stuey is running now, and that seems to be a prerequesite.....
I don't think Stuey is running now. I think there is some rule preventing a runner being any part of the coaching/development staff. I think this came up in another game and the AFL have issued a directive that runners can only carry instructions.

ugg
15th April 2010, 09:04 PM
He was our runner on Saturday. They're using a similar loophole that Port use with Garry Hocking where he is the development coach or a similar title and so he's not part of the official coaching squad. Not sure what stuey's official position is

Jewels
15th April 2010, 09:18 PM
He was our runner on Saturday. They're using a similar loophole that Port use with Garry Hocking where he is the development coach or a similar title and so he's not part of the official coaching squad. Not sure what stuey's official position is

Stuey is the development manager

Lucky Knickers
15th April 2010, 09:32 PM
I didn't see Stuey on Sat night in the yellow.

Go Swannies
15th April 2010, 11:24 PM

I certainly did. At one point the ball almost came to him in front of us and someone called out "have a run with it Stewie". I don't know his title but he's certainly a runner this year - and carried the drinks back too.

BigD
16th April 2010, 11:02 AM
I'm leaning toward Stuey.

ugg
16th April 2010, 11:04 AM

LK, you gave me a good excuse to watch the deplorable last quarter on replay yesterday night. While the quality of my VHS recording (yes I'm stuck in the 90s) was pretty bad, it appeared that our runner had shortish blond hair and he 'moved' like Maxfield. So I'm pretty confident in my earlier statement.

Damien
16th April 2010, 11:26 AM
I'd predict a former Swans player will enter the coaching fold next year, just not sure who. I'd love to see Magic get involved.

Go Swannies
16th April 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm front row at the southern 50m line and had binoculars. I watched Stewie at a few points during the game and during the breaks. His face filled the bins so either SM has a twin or he was out there in yellow. Next Q - how is it so?

Primmy
16th April 2010, 02:56 PM
Its Stuey. Because I recognised his face and running style in the NAB games, I asked the panel at the Swans Fan Day and they confirmed he is running this year. They were having a laugh because he is quick enough that the boys can't duck him. Besides you can't miss that peculiar style of his. Like I said before, probably a coach in training himself. Berbacov (sic) did this too, and Fruity and Frosty.

Stuey is not a coach at present. He is a Development Manager. Different thing altogether.

Lucky Knickers
16th April 2010, 07:03 PM
LK, you gave me a good excuse to watch the deplorable last quarter on replay yesterday night. While the quality of my VHS recording (yes I'm stuck in the 90s) was pretty bad, it appeared that our runner had shortish blond hair and he 'moved' like Maxfield. So I'm pretty confident in my earlier statement.
You are better than I. I tried to watch it after your post but had to stop!
I have new glasses! Clearly not working. I had also had several large cups of things to drink. Wasn't questioning you just didn't see him.

Nico
16th April 2010, 11:23 PM
Frosty McPherson.