PDA

View Full Version : Mumford on his decision to move from Geelong

ItsAllGoodes
22nd April 2010, 03:01 PM
Mumford says he wouldn't have left Geelong if he played in Grand Final | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mumford-says-he-wouldnt-have-left-geelong-if-he-played-in-grand-final/story-e6frf9jf-1225856913952)

An interesting quote, given the reason there was an opening in Sydney!!!

"You can?t leave after playing in a Grand Final with a side"

Robbo
22nd April 2010, 03:18 PM
Completely understandable.

CureTheSane
22nd April 2010, 03:34 PM
Perhaps a little bit of Kickett in him :)

Damien
22nd April 2010, 03:47 PM
I got to have a good chat to him last night at the Redback Cocktail Function (Mummy is my sponsored player!), and he is truly happy in Sydney. He really didn't rate the intrusive nature of AFL in Geelong/Melbourne and is really relishing how everything operates in our Club and this city.

I find it ironic that country boys love playing in Australia's biggest city!

DeadlyAkkuret
22nd April 2010, 04:00 PM
Mumford says he wouldn't have left Geelong if he played in Grand Final | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mumford-says-he-wouldnt-have-left-geelong-if-he-played-in-grand-final/story-e6frf9jf-1225856913952)

An interesting quote, given the reason there was an opening in Sydney!!!

"You can?t leave after playing in a Grand Final with a side"

You reading this, Jolly?

CJK
22nd April 2010, 04:12 PM
You reading this, Jolly?

Shhhhh. Quiet. We're doing fine without him.

Trickster
22nd April 2010, 04:45 PM
Shhhhh. Quiet. We're doing fine without him.

The reverse seems to apply to him
Poor season thus far

Primmy
22nd April 2010, 05:01 PM
The reverse seems to apply to him
Poor season thus far

Missing us already?

Bas
22nd April 2010, 07:21 PM
You reading this, Jolly?

Yes but young Mummy is not married to Mrs unJolly. Hey, 1.2 million in my bank account helps the decision making.

Trickster
23rd April 2010, 10:51 AM
Missing us already?

Who wouldn't?
Moving from civilization to living with man apes gone wrong

royboy42
23rd April 2010, 05:57 PM
Wow!... talk about thread drift!

goswannie14
23rd April 2010, 06:05 PM
Good move for him, good move for us. About time we got a good player from Geelong.

giant
23rd April 2010, 06:43 PM
Good move for him, good move for us. About time we got a good player from Geelong.

Ahem, Paul Chambers & David Spriggs say "Halloooo"!!!!

Oh wait...

mcs
23rd April 2010, 09:23 PM
Dear me how did we ever think Paul Chambers would be nothing but an abject failure. Only thing he was decent for was he was a decent doppleganger for I think it was Steve Harmison of the English cricket team lol- and thats not something to be proud of.

I'm very happy with what I have seen from Mumford so far, looks a great pickup and will only get better with experience.

ScottH
23rd April 2010, 09:55 PM
Spoke to a Cats supporter today, he wished theyed played Mumford in the GF instead of Blake, and then We'd have Blake coz he is useless.
Very dirty on losing Mumford.

Triple B
23rd April 2010, 10:02 PM
Spoke to a Cats supporter today, he wished theyed played Mumford in the GF instead of Blake, and then We'd have Blake coz he is useless.

I'd like to think after our mega effort at the draft/trade period this past off-season that we wouldn't have taken Mark Blake. I'm sure it wasn't a case of either, rather a case of Mummy or nothing.

Trickster
23rd April 2010, 10:04 PM

Shall I get my small violin?