PDA

View Full Version : Swans Re-generation game

Reggi
24th April 2010, 07:38 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/regeneration-game-20100423-tj96.html

Hopefully we will start beating better sides

I for one like his policy on young players, they may not appreciate it but many either end up injured or drifting along (at other clubs)

Just look at Richmond.......

Triple B
24th April 2010, 08:38 AM
That's a pretty good read.

goswannie14
24th April 2010, 09:16 AM
Very well written article, a good read.

ROK Lobster
24th April 2010, 10:00 AM
Jetta is a "silky" runner. What the @@@@ does that mean?. They just cannot help themselves those blokes. If a kid is indigenous, is everything he does "silky".

undy
24th April 2010, 10:26 AM
Would have been a nice article to go in the SMH - the Swans appear to have gone AWOL from their pages today (unless I missed a page), a big article on NicNat and a little piece on international-AFL around the world was it.

Cheer_Cheer
24th April 2010, 10:46 AM
A great read.. I thoroughly enjoyed it ! Now lets smash the Weagles today !

Primmy
24th April 2010, 10:51 AM
Jetta is a "silky" runner. What the @@@@ does that mean?. They just cannot help themselves those blokes. If a kid is indigenous, is everything he does "silky".

Better than a mohair runner.

stellation
24th April 2010, 10:55 AM

I'm sure there's a generation of drunk football media types checking out indigenous folks in bars thinking "I bet I know what their knickers are like".

stellation
24th April 2010, 10:56 AM
Better than a mohair runner.

Which is why Amon was traded.

hammo
24th April 2010, 11:01 AM
There are a few football managers in Melbourne who should have a close read of that.

sfan
24th April 2010, 11:20 AM

I guess we can blame a phrase used by Adam Sandler's character (Zohan) in his comedy, "Dont Mess With The Zohan", to describe the peak in style and hair!!!!!

Tina: Dat!!! You're so silky smooth!

DST
24th April 2010, 12:00 PM
The article spells out pretty much what I have been saying to people in Melbourne for years and at certain points to members of this board.

With anything in life, be it personal, business or sport you are far more likely to succeed if you are provided with a consistent approach and surround yourself with the right resources and people to do the job.

For us, that is a consistent game style that is proven to work under the white hot intensity for finals and a unique way of building our list which knows that you just can't dump 25 under 20's onto a list and hope that in 5 years time you have a team that might be capable of challenging for a flag. In most cases you end up torching most of your younger talent as they battle self doubt while getting flogged for 3 to 4 years.

We have a set and succesfull formula now to build our club into a football super power over the coming 20 years.

And best of all, it's our way of doing things not someone elses.

DST

satchmopugdog
24th April 2010, 12:57 PM
"Silky" skills I can just about cope with but silky runner!!!! What is wrong with "fast" or " has a well balanced long stride"

P.s. I"M BACK

ROK Lobster
24th April 2010, 01:02 PM
LOL Satch. Fancy describing how someone runs as "fast". Next thing I know you will tell me MOL's "silky" touch was "excellent" and that an Adam Goodes' "silky" pass was "straight".

Agent 86
27th April 2010, 12:38 AM
Would have been a nice article to go in the SMH - the Swans appear to have gone AWOL from their pages today (unless I missed a page), a big article on NicNat and a little piece on international-AFL around the world was it.

Yep. The whole sports section was rubbish. Not much substance.

Primmy
27th April 2010, 07:56 AM
I have recently thought that the SMH was disappearing from the ranks of sports reports with anything todo with the Swans. Wonder why.....aren't we giving them free tickets any more? Perhaps we could set up a marquise for them? Larissa? Why don't you get onto it as a marketing thingy.......or I could bake a cake.......or we could ask them directly "why aren't you bothering with the Swans any more?"

hot potato
27th April 2010, 08:52 AM
Richard Hinds has been seduced to try and analyse STORMRORTGATE, Swans have been put on the bench this week.
Thanks for the Age article, very good.
"Dance to their own tune"
Nice but shouldn't that be
"JIG TO THEIR OWN TUNE"

HP

Dalai Lama
27th April 2010, 09:34 AM

Prehaps he has fine quality silk briefs?