PDA

View Full Version : How the "Beckhams" slipped through our fingers

ShockOfHair
30th April 2010, 02:17 PM
Think of what could've been. And rejoice.

Gossip columnists' loss is Sydney's gain as Bradshaw gets job done without the circus Fev brings (http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/gossip-columnists-loss-is-sydneys-gain-as-bradshaw-gets-job-done-without-the-circus-fev-brings-20100429-twih.html)

Jewels
30th April 2010, 05:17 PM
Think of what could've been. And rejoice.

Gossip columnists' loss is Sydney's gain as Bradshaw gets job done without the circus Fev brings (http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/gossip-columnists-loss-is-sydneys-gain-as-bradshaw-gets-job-done-without-the-circus-fev-brings-20100429-twih.html)

That's a great article. How bloody lucky are we with the way the cards have fallen for us?

dimelb
30th April 2010, 06:35 PM
The football gods didn't just smile - they ROTFL.

goswannie14
30th April 2010, 08:03 PM
I liked this quote
It is believed the Swans still had an eye on Fevola early in 2009, when some at Carlton had again lost patience with a player they believed would not be part of a Blues premiership. But Sydney officials are adamant that, by the time he was put on the market after his drunken Brownlow Medal night antics, they were not interested - even with the Blues eager to push Fevola their wayI don't think anyone on their current list will be pasrt of a Blues premiership!

Dalai Lama
1st May 2010, 09:39 AM
How is Posh looking these days - still hungry?

Primmy
1st May 2010, 10:50 AM
Could NOT imagine Fev at the Swans.....wtf.........excuse the language people.
Appropo nothing......either Alex is the most forgiving, patient, unbelievable woman in the universe, or she loves the idiot......I have a sneaky somewhat bewildered admiration for her

Jewels
1st May 2010, 11:42 AM
Appropo nothing......either Alex is the most forgiving, patient, unbelievable woman in the universe, or she loves the idiot......I have a sneaky somewhat bewildered admiration for her

IMO it's neither, she likes the "celebrity" he brings.

satchmopugdog
1st May 2010, 11:54 AM

Acccording to the five languages of love I think she is an adherent of the materialism strand and he can provide that.

Xie Shan
2nd May 2010, 01:03 AM
Just saw this thread! I think that's part of the reason the crowd embraced Bradshaw tonight - I was sick to death at hearing us linked with Fev all the time. Good luck to Vossy if he thinks he can get the best out of him because the payoff is potentially huge for them if he and Brown 'click'. So glad we got Bradshaw instead of this idiot.

Primmy
2nd May 2010, 09:05 AM
Haven't watched the replay yet, but wanker was the word I want to use. Celebrating like it was the goal kicked after the siren in a GF, and they were still four goals down......bad mix for swans, we won this round on many many levels.

AnnieH
2nd May 2010, 12:56 PM
The Brisvegas supporters behind us (what's with that Swans seating people???) booed Braddles every time he looked like going anywhere near the ball. They were treating the fevwit like he was a demi-god. Indeed.

After a verbal battle with them, the general theme being "look - he kicked another one!! Voss is an idiot for trading a class act for a fevwit", they very reluctantly gave him a standing ovation at the end of the third quarter, then promptly left 10 minutes into the last quarter. By the 20 minute mark of the final term, the last three rows of the Brewongle were empty!!

Damien
2nd May 2010, 01:10 PM
We had a few Bris supporters in our area but they were pretty damn respectful towards Bradshaw, which I rated, however I'm with you in relation to seating, I'm not advocating segregation!, but I think there should be a set area not only for Cheer Squad, but also for away fans that want premium or gold seating but not with Swans members. It can't be enjoyable for most away fans sitting in the middle of Swans members. Plus it's bloody annoying for Swans fans, last year a fair few people in my area at ANZ re sold their seats and they ALL went to Geelong fans, it was as if I was in the middle of Skilled Stadium. That should never happen to Swans members at a home game.

Obviously anyone who buys their tickets from the AFL club get to sit int he allocated area, but seeing we always have an area free in the Trumper stand and heaps at ANZ, I am sure there are some better options for those who want a different seat to the Club allocation.

Still trying to work out whether Brisbane have really gained that much from getting Fevola? Not questioning his ability, but they got rid of a triple premiership, 14 year player for him? I just don't get what the HUGE benefits for such a move?

AnnieH
2nd May 2010, 01:17 PM
Still trying to work out whether Brisbane have really gained that much from getting Fevola? Not questioning his ability, but they got rid of a triple premiership, 14 year player for him? I just don't get what the HUGE benefits for such a move?

The other fans have to sit somewhere; and at the criminal budgie game, I met a lovely couple from a small dot community in the Northern Territory who were on their first trip to the "real big smoke". Besides, the banter last night was hilarious - the swans fans were loving it.

Brisvegas gave up their second fiddle to buy a first fiddle; but are only going to use that bought first fiddle if a string breaks on their current first fiddle.

Their previous second fiddle is now relishing in his new position of first fiddle.

Stoopid Brisvegas.

Yuri H
2nd May 2010, 06:34 PM
I just watched the game (thank you TiVo) and spent much of it shouting at the onscreen Lions "yeah, how's that Fev deal going?" after Braddie's 6 beautiful goals or views of Fevola being a surly twit to LRT.

Primmy
2nd May 2010, 11:05 PM
NOT that I am going to allow anything for Fev , I cannot stand him, but to be fair (and this kills me), he was the first to put his hand up to call for medical assistance from the bench for Peb when he got knocked silly in the tackle in the 4th. There that's it, he has got a fairly reasonable good side to him.......

Bas
2nd May 2010, 11:11 PM
I'm sure Fev is a nice bloke with a big heart but has problems.

Now that his wife has gone back to Melbourne, I hear Pauline Hanson has lots of spare rooms at her place.

sidswan
2nd May 2010, 11:14 PM
I also think Fev is stoopid...but in some ways he's just a larrikin who can't help himself.......last year I think he helped someone up after he'd barrelled into them ..?B2....... my memory's not what it should be

liz
2nd May 2010, 11:16 PM
I also think Fev is stoopid...but in some ways he's just a larrikin who can't help himself.......last year I think he helped someone up after he'd barrelled into them ..?B2....... my memory's not what it should be

Was that Ted, after the collision that landed Ted in hospital?