PDA

View Full Version : Bouncer. Or Lack Of.

Primmy
4th May 2010, 12:18 PM
Having watched Red Rohan once again (four times in the last 3 games fps!) forget to b ounce the ball when on the run, I am calling for Rhyce Shaw to take over and show the kid how to do it!

Grrrrr.....its funny to watch, and would be much funnier if it was the other side:D, but FOUR times in THREE matches, is just plain careless.....:p

Go Swannies
4th May 2010, 12:20 PM
Having watched Red Rohan once again (four times in the last 3 games fps!) forget to b ounce the ball when on the run, I am calling for Rhyce Shaw to take over and show the kid how to do it!

Grrrrr.....its funny to watch, and would be much funnier if it was the other side:D, but FOUR times in THREE matches, is just plain careless.....:p

Maybe we can get Leo back. How nerve wracking was it watching Leo bounce in traffic while ducking and weaving? There seems to have been a lot of players on all teams who run right to the limit without bouncing - I thought Goodes might get pinged as he ran into goal the other night.

Primmy
4th May 2010, 12:27 PM
With Red he just keeps going. He never looks like he is going to bounce or even aware that something is missing! Bounce the thing Red! Then they let you keep running instead of stopping you in your tracks and causing a turnover. He just forgets.

hammo
4th May 2010, 01:32 PM
I think it's more to do with the fact he covers so much ground so quickly

liz
4th May 2010, 02:10 PM
I thought he was a little bit harshly done by this week when he was pinged. Last week's efforts were not contentious though.

Big Al
4th May 2010, 02:13 PM
I thought he was a little bit harshly done by this week when he was pinged. Last week's efforts were not contentious though.

The one I saw on the weekend wasn't a free kick. I think the Umpire forgot he had bounced the ball early in the run.

cruiser
4th May 2010, 02:20 PM
Perhaps the umps are now expecting him not to bounce on long runs and ping him even when he has.

ugg
4th May 2010, 02:53 PM
While it wasn't as egregious (one was 25m by my estimate) as the two the previous week, I thought he did go too far this time.

Claret
4th May 2010, 05:00 PM
The one on the weekend was pretty tight, he bounced the ball within his first few steps and then ran another twelve or so strides. I'm not sure if the ump forgot that he had bounced the ball (as the Swans forward line clearly thought) or whether twelve Rohan strides just 'felt' too long for the poor umpy.

The other thing to consider is that, given the size of the SCG, those twelve strides would have covered a fair chunk of the ground so would have added to the perception.

Jesse Richards
4th May 2010, 11:25 PM
Rohan has a very long stride...

hot potato
5th May 2010, 12:10 AM
Love to see him in the One's, I think he would inspire Jetta to have more self confidence and take em on.

hp

sharp9
6th May 2010, 06:05 PM
To clarify....what is the rule, please? 15 metres or 15 steps? Remember Leo got pinged for taking 11 steps in a circle...practically on the spot....not moving more than 5 metres...one of the worst decisions in history...replay counted 11 steps...but even the commentators couldn't agree what the rule is, some thought 10 steps....anyone?

ugg
6th May 2010, 06:21 PM
To clarify....what is the rule, please? 15 metres or 15 steps? Remember Leo got pinged for taking 11 steps in a circle...practically on the spot....not moving more than 5 metres...one of the worst decisions in history...replay counted 11 steps...but even the commentators couldn't agree what the rule is, some thought 10 steps....anyone?
Travel 15 metres, which means you could run back and forth and get pinged on the same spot you received the ball!

GoSouth33
7th May 2010, 01:37 PM

15 metres but a running step can be around 1.5 metres which means only 10 steps.

sharp9
8th May 2010, 04:40 PM
Brilliant...so the umps never apply this rule as written, then.