PDA

View Full Version : Rhyce Shaw

giant
4th May 2010, 12:36 PM
Deserves some kudos for his 2010.

After a 2nd in the F&B playing as the running half back, might have been justified in thinking he had the front running for that role this season. But he's been sensible enough to see that he needs a new role this year with the return of Tadhg and Nick (not to mention a limited pre-season).

In the first qr of the season, he had a cracking start - but his direct opponent Gram had 10 possessions. Since then, he's been much more accountable, closing down good opponents and still providing run when he's been given the chance (eg Sat night).

Would never have guessed he had that level of maturity before he arrived. Well played Rhyce!

ShockOfHair
4th May 2010, 01:36 PM
I see his brother now leads the league in bounces!

Margo
4th May 2010, 02:02 PM
Didn't want to like him (the C'wood thing) when he first arrived, but he is so reliable and gives his all, you have to respect him. Such an important team member, was terrific Sat. night.

Big Al
4th May 2010, 02:18 PM
I see his brother now leads the league in bounces!

Those Collingwood nightclubs are pretty harsh...

satchmopugdog
4th May 2010, 02:20 PM
Didn't want to like him (the C'wood thing) when he first arrived, but he is so reliable and gives his all, you have to respect him. Such an important team member, was terrific Sat. night.

That's how I feel too..didn't want to like him as he seemed like such a tool....but he seems to have grown up a bit this year..he helped Malceski during the off season. Very promising for a Shaw. Saw once on the replay of Sat game a Fevolaesque type moment with the false geeing up of motivation but that passed,thank heavens.

liz
4th May 2010, 02:53 PM
I think Shaw's last two weeks have been very good. He's not starring as much as he did last year but the role he is playing is effective. His slow start to the year is as likely to be due to missing a large chunk of pre-season as it is to refinding his role in the team.

ShockOfHair
4th May 2010, 03:06 PM
Those Collingwood nightclubs are pretty harsh...

He held a press conference to say none of it happened!

aardvark
4th May 2010, 03:42 PM
Where there is life there is hope. All it needed was a bit of swannies chemistry to turn him around. The dark days in mudpie land are just a distant memory. GO Shawy

Dalai Lama
4th May 2010, 03:56 PM
The Rhesus Macaque (Macaca mulatta), often called the Rhesus Monkey, is one of the best known species of Collingwood Old World monkeys.

How's the clanger count via the Monkey?

satchmopugdog
4th May 2010, 04:55 PM
The Rhesus Macaque (Macaca mulatta), often called the Rhesus Monkey, is one of the best known species of Collingwood Old World monkeys.

How's the clanger count via the Monkey?

Only up to 10 as then he has to take off his shoes and socks due to continuing relationship with th Collingwood Old World Monkeys.

UglyDuckling
4th May 2010, 05:54 PM
just re-watched the brisbane game and i thought rhyce was excellent in the first half, his kicking was fantastic. A few sprayed ones in the second but thats to be expected

AnnieH
4th May 2010, 06:06 PM

I'm on your bandwagon Margo. When I heard we got him I thought, @@@@ oh @@@@, but at least we knew he could do a runner!!! ;)

Now ... I love the ground he runs on!!

Primmy
4th May 2010, 09:50 PM
He's a good lad, nice to talk to, and has the most beautiful eyes. Also he has got NicMal up to scratch, takes charge of the kids, is a good organiser, and puts his heart into this Club. So far so good. Nah, he's a Swan.

ScottH
5th May 2010, 08:30 AM
Slowly coming back to the form of last year.
Great to see.

Blood
5th May 2010, 06:45 PM
He's obviously not running and bouncing as much as last year but i guess that's due to a combination of the return of Tadgh and a general overhaul of the playing list.

Still happy for him to be here though.

sharp9
5th May 2010, 06:55 PM
This year he's actually been asked (or ordered!) to mind an opponent. Done resonably well but I wish he would take the little half-arsed kicks out of his repertoire. If you're gonna kick short kick it flat and hard not little slow floaty short ones!!!!!