PDA

View Full Version : I am copping it today

Diego
22nd September 2003, 10:45 AM
For being on TV and acting like a feral. My work mates are giving it to me and so are my friends. I hope Ch10 never shows this game again.

If you wanna who i was..i was standing between Jules and Robbieando waving a drum stick to the maggots.

:o

Sid
22nd September 2003, 11:45 AM
Hahahahaha, that was unbelieveably funny. What would have been better is if you went onto the ground and actually stabbed the umpire.

CureTheSane
22nd September 2003, 12:22 PM
haha

That was you.

I was watching the game with a friend and I am saying "There's Robbie, and Julian, but I dunno who that guy is in the middle"
Now I do lol :D

Bron
22nd September 2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Sid
Hahahahaha, that was unbelieveably funny. What would have been better is if you went onto the ground and actually stabbed the umpire.

Preferably before the game, not during it.

liz
22nd September 2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Diego
For being on TV and acting like a feral. My work mates are giving it to me and so are my friends. I hope Ch10 never shows this game again.

If you wanna who i was..i was standing between Jules and Robbieando waving a drum stick to the maggots.

LOL. When you came up on the big screen a couple of times during the game, the friends I was with were amused by the depth of your rage (fully justified, I might add). I told them that I'd been in the pub with you just a few hours earlier and that you seemed like a nice, quiet, balanced chap...;)

Diego
22nd September 2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by lizz
LOL. When you came up on the big screen a couple of times during the game, the friends I was with were amused by the depth of your rage (fully justified, I might add). I told them that I'd been in the pub with you just a few hours earlier and that you seemed like a nice, quiet, balanced chap...;)

LOL..call it whitle line fever.

A person at work today thought I was ready to jump the fence and stab the umpire.

God I feel embarrased. :o

no1swan
22nd September 2003, 02:52 PM

A person at work today thought I was ready to jump the fence and stab the umpire.

Don't feel embarrased. I think we were all feeling the same way.
At three quarter time I had to appologise to the couple infront of me for deafening them, with my obusive comments at the umpires, for some of their non-discissions.

liz
22nd September 2003, 02:58 PM

Don't be. Be proud. In the words of one Bronwyn Evans "There's no point following a team if you don't support them". And of course, when she says "support" she really means scream your head off until you're hoarse and generally act like a mad(wo)man.

Diego
22nd September 2003, 03:01 PM
The only thing that gets my blood boiling at the footy is the umpires. Always have always will.

I hate them. I looked at Goldspink right in the eye and made a stabbing motion with my drum stix. At least he saw me.

I wish my rage was just shown to the people in the stadium, as it was shown on the news hence ppl who never watch afl seeing it.

I don?t really care but the fact that I was captured making a stabbing gesture embarrasses me.

BAM_BAM
22nd September 2003, 03:13 PM
Diego, this is the most I have laughed all weekend. I love it and your passion. Don't feel bad. You're among other lunatics here. We're just not the TV star type of looney!

Next thing you know along with the players autographs, we'll be asking for yours.

Peter's that guy on the boundary
JF's that guy with the beard from the cheer squad and
You're the guy who wants to kill the Umps

we all have a role to play :D

Diego
22nd September 2003, 03:20 PM
You ppl have made me feel better.

expect to see more of me next year though..i had so much fun (except towards the end - gemma and Charlie know about this)

:D :)

robbieando
22nd September 2003, 05:33 PM
You ppl have made me feel better.

expect to see more of me next year though..i had so much fun (except towards the end - gemma and Charlie know about this)

:D :)

Diego - Drum throwing his way around the world:D

plumber dan
22nd September 2003, 05:42 PM
Good on you all,
You gave everyone who was there a great laugh, you showed what we were all feeling, frustration, anger, disappointment with those umpy's. Thanks for that.

Jeffers1984
22nd September 2003, 06:28 PM
Diego you're a legend! That was great pasion shown from you. Don't worry i went feral at that particular moment too but luckily i didn't make it on the big screen!

Glenn
22nd September 2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by no1swan
Don't feel embarrased. I think we were all feeling the same way.
At three quarter time I had to appologise to the couple infront of me for deafening them, with my obusive comments at the umpires, for some of their non-discissions.

Ditto here :o :o :o

Benevolent Ert
22nd September 2003, 06:48 PM
Diego - you should have joined me mate - at about the 25 minute mark, when a lot of the crowd started leaving their seats, I too left my seat, and made a beeline for the umpires race - where I told Mr. Goldstink exactly what I thought of him in no uncertain terms - he didn't look overly amused by my tirade tho

j s
22nd September 2003, 08:46 PM

Looking good Diego!

desredandwhite
22nd September 2003, 08:55 PM
yeek! A warning please, JS... this attachment is not for the sensitive of heart, people with stomach problems, or pregnant women.. ;)

JF_Bay22_SCG
22nd September 2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by lizz

Guys, the guy who got on the TV the most was actually John McCormack. He was to guy to JM's right, was wearing a greenish-coloured beanie, and gave the umps a huge finger. He was the guy who was the main person who made the banner for the 1996 Grand Final.

They then moved across to show all of us going mental.

We had several Lions fans right behind us. One a couple of rows back was seriously taunting Diego about the fact that our drum could no longer be heard. Diego brandished the said drum in a manor that had me scared he was actually going to let him use it by throwing it at him!:eek:

From what I hear, Robbie wasn't unwilling to assist, had things gotten to that stage.

At the end of the game, the Lions supporter did the bolt. Bloody coward!

Hopefully the breakfast chat he had the next day at the Erskineville Hotel calmed our Diego down a bit.:p

JF

PS:- Any chance of getting some snap shots of us in our prime JS?:D

j s
22nd September 2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
PS:- Any chance of getting some snap shots of us in our prime JS?:D
Give us a hint which aprt of the game you mean JF. The bit a few seconds later with diego brandishing the drumstick is in moton and anything with motion in it is all blurred when you freeze frame it

j s
22nd September 2003, 09:27 PM

Be proud and be loud Diego!

Don't apologise - use the pics as your wallpaper :D

anniswan
22nd September 2003, 09:32 PM
It was a great moment to be encapulated, Des make sure it goes in the photo gallery, I had a few friends comment to me about the passionate supporters we have, I was proud to say yep they are my mad friends. Don't be embarrassed be proud

Diego
22nd September 2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by j s
Be proud and be loud Diego!

Don't apologise - use the pics as your wallpaper :D

hahahah done!

Have you got any more?? :D

Classic..wikid shots!!! I looove being passionate over our swannies!!!

:D

Diego
22nd September 2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by j s
Give us a hint which aprt of the game you mean JF. The bit a few seconds later with diego brandishing the drumstick is in moton and anything with motion in it is all blurred when you freeze frame it

What was the sign the person behind me holding??

I didnt even notice it!

robbieando
22nd September 2003, 09:45 PM
Gee doesn't the TV camera make me look good:p
Anger is something I'm use to and something that can go way over the top too offen. Pity it didn't then otherwise we would of had the first case of umpire murder on our hands.

On the issue of Diego throwing the drum, I was hopeing things got out of hand because while Gemma was able to handle Diego, she wouldn't of stopped both of us. I was just waiting for a reason to get involved.

Passionate your bet your bloody life.

j s
22nd September 2003, 09:49 PM
hahahah done!

Have you got any more?? :D

Classic..wikid shots!!! I looove being passionate over our swannies!!!

:D

swansrock4eva
22nd September 2003, 10:08 PM
Don't worry, one of the girls at uni came up to me today and put a hand on my shoulder and said "i take it you were a touch emotional at the end of the game. u ok now?" and i was like "yeah i'm all good, how did you know?" and she said "uh you made it on the tele" with a bit of a laugh. So that makes it the last game of the last 2 seasons i've been caught sobbing in public :p

dawson
22nd September 2003, 11:10 PM
I was on TV too.
Behind Gerard Whately's shoulder in the rooms after the game.

Pink_Lady
22nd September 2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by dawson
I was on TV too.
Behind Gerard Whately's shoulder in the rooms after the game.

But, Gerard was in the Lions rooms after the game, as we saw Aker giving him a good hip and shoulder......Neil Cordy was in our rooms....was he not? What's goin on Dawson?!?! :p

dawson
22nd September 2003, 11:29 PM
He was in the corridor OUTSIDE the Lions rooms as the players were doing warm-down in the corridor.

JF_Bay22_SCG
23rd September 2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by j s

I think from memory it was when Schneider wasn't given a mark in front of goal late in the 3rd.

We were also seen engaging in our "Ee-awh! Ee-awh! Ee-awh!" taunts after I think Lynch missed an easy shot. That was during the third quarter as well.

JF

Wardy
23rd September 2003, 09:07 AM
Diego,

You and the lads were great - we were proud of you and you got on the teve! Nice wig by the way!

Those who have cast scorn upon you would never have the guts themselves to get up and let rip the way you did.

GOOD ON YA BOYS!

Well Goldstink deserved the crap heaped on him - he was apalling and McLaren (who won the umpire of the year from the association) made some clangers too!

Anyway - lets hope that the Lions can cane the Pies (could never bring myself to ever back Collingwood - ever- not even for a million dollars)

cheers

sharp9
23rd September 2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by j s
Looking good Diego!
Who's who?

j s
23rd September 2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by sharp9
Who's who?
From left to right the "gang of three" is Robbie, Diego, JF (in the wig). You can also see Charlie to the left of Robbie.

j s
23rd September 2003, 05:02 PM
double post deleted

robbieando
23rd September 2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by j s
From left to right the "gang of three" is Robbie, Diego, JF (in the wig). You can also see Charlie to the left of Robbie.

Yep, thats the order

Mike_B
24th September 2003, 11:28 PM
And for those people around Australia who didn't actually watch the game on Saturday night and missed Robbie, Diego and JF's antics, they were just shown on 'The Panel'.

Can't escape it boys!!!

desredandwhite
24th September 2003, 11:33 PM
Magnificent exposure, lads ;) also caught a glimpse of Charlie sitting down and NOT being a clown :)

JF_Bay22_SCG
24th September 2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by j s

Pick which one of the three is actually not looking at the match.

Hint, he's wearing the wig.

At least I didn't get my mug in the Sydney Morning Herald Business section. *DUCKS* ;)

JF

swansrock4eva
25th September 2003, 12:31 AM
Hey don't forget the sunday telegraph too if you're gonna bag me out!

anniswan
25th September 2003, 12:36 AM
fot those of us not in Sydney can you post scan's of the articles that included u lot in them,

robbieando
25th September 2003, 01:14 AM
Can anyone get a screen grab from the Panel to show us.

Gee my list is growing

The Panel
The 1995 Brownlow Medal count
Plenty of grabs on TV of the CS

Diego
25th September 2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
And for those people around Australia who didn't actually watch the game on Saturday night and missed Robbie, Diego and JF's antics, they were just shown on 'The Panel'.

Can't escape it boys!!!

i just got told I was on The Panel...what comments were made????

Oh no.. :o

Wardy
25th September 2003, 10:08 AM
Damn it - didnt see it! Would love to know what they said though!

Now I really do have to do some work today!

cheers

JF_Bay22_SCG
25th September 2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
Can anyone get a screen grab from the Panel to show us.

Gee my list is growing

The Panel
The 1995 Brownlow Medal count
Plenty of grabs on TV of the CS

Plus the TV ad for the Pies' match.

JF

swansrock4eva
25th September 2003, 11:35 PM
Hey at least none of you lot ran into a bloody gaol ump on national TV!:eek:

j s
26th September 2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
Hey at least none of you lot ran into a bloody gaol ump on national TV!:eek:
....and such a quiet refined girl too!

Cher
26th September 2003, 11:25 AM
i just got told I was on The Panel...what comments were made????

Oh no.. :o

I was in the car listening to 'The Panel' on the radio and guessed they were showing something from our game, then they said 'How can anyone take a guy wearing a wig like that seriously' or something to that effect, so i guessed they had JF on screen.

swansrock4eva
26th September 2003, 11:47 PM
Roflmao! Actually I got to work today to be greeted with a message - "Gem, long time no see, until Wednesday. Remind me not to piss you off :P" I didn't actually realise i was on that one too :eek:

BAM_BAM
27th September 2003, 12:10 AM
Gem, is that Charlie to your left with his hand over his mouth. I couldn't really tell from the other pics posted who Charlie was. BTW great artcile. Your passion certainly shines through.

swansrock4eva
27th September 2003, 12:18 AM
Yep that would be young Charlie right there!

And thanks BB :)

robbieando
27th September 2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by j s
....and such a quiet refined girl too!

Devil Girl:p

ROK Lobster
5th September 2006, 12:09 AM
Bring back Diego.

SimonH
5th September 2006, 12:26 AM
Wh'appen to Diego? And, for that matter, wh'appen to the rule that all posters have to put up a link to photos of them carrying on like a pork chop at the footy?

swantastic
5th September 2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by SimonH
Wh'appen to Diego? Little Footy:)