PDA

View Full Version : Swans Vs Cats - winner & margin

CureTheSane
7th May 2010, 10:24 AM
Swans by 21 points

chalbilto
7th May 2010, 10:38 AM
Hope you are right. I don't care if we win by only 1 point (though my nerves would be shot) as long as we end the losing streak down there.

AnnieH
7th May 2010, 10:50 AM
I'm confident.

Swans by 15.

Big Al
7th May 2010, 11:14 AM
Cats by 16

The Lions game was so brutal I just think the edge will be taken off our game. Geelong played against witches hats last week so will be fresher. We'll be in it for a long way.

(Feel free to throw this in my face if I am gloriously wrong)

msb
7th May 2010, 12:07 PM
Cats by 28. We are due for a downer and this is the week. They know every blade of grass, wind etc down at that @@@@hole. I am more than happy to be proved wrong though!:)

Go Swannies
7th May 2010, 12:18 PM
Swans by 20 - I reckon if it's closer, they'll win. We are pumped and they seem a bit nervous - from Bomber down. Underdone Scarlett vs Braddy; is GAblett really ready to return? If we lose I reckon it'll be because we drop our guard and the Cats pounce but I think this is our first Grand Final for the year.

The ladder will be the first of the new era if we win.

RogueSwan
7th May 2010, 12:24 PM
swans by 19, will be similar to last week. We will get a strong lead, be challenged late in the game, but this time we will kick three quick goals (1 each to Goodes, Rooster and Bradshaw with the sealer) to hold out a tense final few minutes.

Jewels
7th May 2010, 01:45 PM
cats by 16

the lions game was so brutal i just think the edge will be taken off our game. Geelong played against witches hats so will be fresher. We'll be it for a long way.

(feel free to throw this in my face if i am gloriously wrong)

x 2.
We are just to battered and bruised.

Lucky Knickers
7th May 2010, 01:59 PM
Cats by 22
First goal - Steven J

Peace
7th May 2010, 02:00 PM
swans by 21, we will be 40 points up by half time. they will creep back to within 10points in the 3rd quarter but we will them off in the 4th

oh hangon, i think i just made a rough duplicate of last weeks game :(

Wardy
7th May 2010, 02:00 PM
Swans by 3 - just have that "feeling in my tum" again (and its been spot on in the last 5 weeks!) - then again if we are thrashed - then well - that "feeling" was obviously wind!

Big Al
7th May 2010, 02:06 PM
Swans by 3 - just have that "feeling in my tum" again (and its been spot on in the last 5 weeks!) - then again if we are thrashed - then well - that "feeling" was obviously wind!

As you get older Wardy you realise that feeling in the tummy before a game is indeed just wind or last nights pizza. I don't trust gut feelings anymore.

Wardy
7th May 2010, 02:11 PM
As you get older Wardy you realise that feeling in the tummy before a game is indeed just wind or last nights pizza. I don't trust gut feelings anymore.

Damn it - I dont eat Pizza!!! still I reckon we will win by 3 and my Cats mad client will finally contribute to my wine cellar instead of me contributing to his!!!

swansrule100
7th May 2010, 02:35 PM
swans by 50

Yuri H
7th May 2010, 03:08 PM
I vary minute to minute. One second I read all the doom-and-gloom re:the Cat's home grown and now they haven't lost there since 1212AD, next I'm thinking as long as we hit them hard right away and break their confidence like Carlton did, we may pull it off ...

I think it's going to be either a nailbiting very close barely-scratched-through victory for us, or a slaughter by Geelong. I would love a massacre dealt out by us, but I'm askeerd.

Swanner
7th May 2010, 03:32 PM
I vary minute to minute. One second I read all the doom-and-gloom re:the Cat's home grown and now they haven't lost there since 1212AD, next I'm thinking as long as we hit them hard right away and break their confidence like Carlton did, we may pull it off ...

I think it's going to be either a nailbiting very close barely-scratched-through victory for us, or a slaughter by Geelong. I would love a massacre dealt out by us, but I'm askeerd.

Our nerves will hold us back in the first half, Cats to be up by 20 to 30 points, they let the foot off the peddle and we come flying home to win with our superior fitness by 8 to 15 points.

Going to be very nerve racking!!

Yuri H
7th May 2010, 03:35 PM
And of course by "home grown" I meant "home ground". I blame the cold medicine. I habb a code.

Kirkari
7th May 2010, 03:47 PM
Swans by 9.

ScottH
7th May 2010, 04:17 PM
Cats by 11

Big Al
7th May 2010, 04:25 PM
cats by 11

narf

SwansFan1972
7th May 2010, 05:07 PM
Swans by 2 goals. Is no more challenging than the Port quallie in 2003 - went to a fortress with all the 'sperts saying we had no hope. Carried injuries before and during the match, set up match winning lead by half time and then held on for dear life. As excited before a match as have been in ages (well, a week - was similarly hyped before last week's game and was seriously pumped up after it)!

What a ride so far hey - there's been more joy in this year's six rounds than in all of last season - long may it continue!

Rod_
7th May 2010, 05:39 PM
Swans by 7 points

juliec3
7th May 2010, 05:53 PM
Cats by 22, although I would just love to be proven wrong

I think a few players will be a bit sore after the Brisbane game,:( also I a tad worried about our defense, seemed a little bit shaky last week, although in the end they did get the job done for us

Also not sure how fit Jude and Ryan are after both getting concussed last week.

Go Sydney:)

Bas
7th May 2010, 05:59 PM
Cats by 38

annew
7th May 2010, 06:34 PM
I dreamt that it was a draw 85 apiece

hot potato
7th May 2010, 06:49 PM
I don't know whether we've got the energy left after last week to tackle them hard enough to unsettle their flow.

Kirky will be a believer. If at least a dozen others are converted, SWANS BY 3 POINTS.

hp

Hartijon
7th May 2010, 07:10 PM
Head: The Cats by a lot! 30+ points
Heart: Swans by one point. 5 points down 30 seconds to play,big Mike Pyke plucks it out of the air in a forward line throw in ,handballs to Rohan who runs a good 15 paces and drills it through the centre..siren goes!

msb
7th May 2010, 07:21 PM
Heart: Swans by one point. 5 points down 30 seconds to play,big Mike Pyke plucks it out of the air in a forward line throw in ,handballs to Rohan who runs a good 15 paces and drills it through the centre..siren goes!

One can only dream!

7th May 2010, 07:31 PM
Cats by 16

Really think we can push em, though last week might take its toll.

Plus The Canadians back. not my favorite
Looking forward to see Rohan and Jetta together

lwoggardner
7th May 2010, 08:01 PM
Swans by 4. Big Mummy to take torp lessons from Braddy for an after the siren thriller!

teddys mum
7th May 2010, 09:13 PM
Cats by 22, although I would just love to be proven wrong

Ditto

Damien
7th May 2010, 09:15 PM
Will live in hope as always but head tells me that we will challenge but fall over in the 2nd half. Expecting a 30-40 point loss.

ScottH
7th May 2010, 09:48 PM
narf

Realist!!

Besides, My tipping is crap!!!

Cheer_Cheer
7th May 2010, 10:45 PM
Swans by 8.. Last week took lots of petrol from our tank but we can do it.. To win, it will take a little more from some of the juniors like Jetta, White & The Bloodnut .. Everybody needs to be onboard this week. I hope LRT does the job on Mooney.. I am looking forward to that matchup.

rojo
8th May 2010, 12:05 AM
Swans by nine. Don't forget we have Mummy and Rohan the Red who will feel right at home there at the Cattery and hopefully will have shared all of Geelongs secrets and coaching strategies.

aardvark
8th May 2010, 12:35 AM
This week will show up our weaknesses, lets hope we don't have any. Swans by 2pts

Jesse Richards
8th May 2010, 11:43 AM
Swans by 27. Rohan's tackling will be awesome and he'll run down a few.

Cheer Squad
8th May 2010, 07:55 PM
I think there's cause for guarded optimism about tomorrow's result.

The last time we played Geelong - Round 20 at ANZ Stadium last year - we got within 5 points of them.

This time, we're a different team. There's been a clear injection of leg speed, and the rest of the competition haven't quite been able to work us out yet.

Are we a better team than last year? I think we are.

Our performance against the Lions last week was very good. We withstood everything they threw at us. I doubt we would have won that game with last year's list.

I think we can get over the line this time, for our first win at the Cattery since 1999.

Swans by 16.

AnnieH
8th May 2010, 11:42 PM
We have to beat them by a bit to get back on the top of the ladder.
Colliwobbles percentage is just above ours now.

DeadlyAkkuret
9th May 2010, 12:15 AM
Not worried about top spot Annie, a win will be enough for me ;)

swantastic
9th May 2010, 12:35 AM
We have to beat them by a bit to get back on the top of the ladder.
Colliwobbles percentage is just above ours now.Im sick of hearing how bloody good the pIES r and that the must be prem favorites since no other team comes close.:rolleyes:.....cats by 5

Peace
9th May 2010, 12:56 AM
weather is lookin good, swans by 26.

DeadlyAkkuret
9th May 2010, 02:02 AM
Im sick of hearing how bloody good the pIES r and that the must be prem favorites since no other team comes close.:rolleyes:.....cats by 5

Don't we hear this every year at some stage? Thankfully Collingwood continue to do us all a favour and choke when it matters.

Hartijon
9th May 2010, 11:08 AM
No shame to lose to Geelong at the Cattery. If we lose but play promising football against this very very good team I will be happy.Main concern is no injuries so we can take on that rabbit Eade's Dogs and then knock Fremantle off its perch!Geelong should win but if the football Gods bless us we could just pull it off

annew
9th May 2010, 11:38 AM
Not worried about top spot Annie, a win will be enough for me ;)

Me too - I would be happy with a 1 point win

Jeffers1984
9th May 2010, 11:51 AM
Coming into the game with the lowest of low expectations like i did with the Adelaide game. So i'm hoping of a repeat performance :D

annew
9th May 2010, 11:54 AM
when was the last time we beat Geelong?

Bas
9th May 2010, 10:08 PM
Cats by 38

I'm equal winner !!!!!!!!

Bas
9th May 2010, 10:09 PM

He won too!!!