PDA

View Full Version : League Teams rumour

Bas
20th May 2010, 09:12 PM
In the give me something segment, Tony Shaw said that he had heard a rumour that Kirky could be heading west as in greater west for an assistant coaching job.

Swans would be stupid if they don't retain him considering we have a vacancy coming up.

Big Al
20th May 2010, 09:40 PM
Do you think he'd find it tough to make the transition from being a team mate to coach? Most players who get into an assistant role after retiring usually go to other clubs first. Personally I would love for him stay in some capacity. Just wondering about logistics of such a move.

Bas
20th May 2010, 09:53 PM
I suppose that would be a problem. Gets to see how another Club is run as well. I wouldn't hold it against him. He's got 4 kids to feed.

UglyDuckling
20th May 2010, 09:58 PM
there is no doubt in my mind that kirk could easily make the transition form captain to coach. He is so highly respected that there wouldnt be any problem

Nico
20th May 2010, 10:12 PM
Hardly surprising that rumours have surfaced already. Wasn't Roos going to WCE last week?

Journos make up rumours all the time. I thought GWS had more than their full compliment of coaches already.

Primmy
20th May 2010, 10:16 PM
Kirky, Blood Boy, heart of the Swans, leave and go west.....aw c'mawn! Hate silly rumours

ShockOfHair
21st May 2010, 02:01 AM
Kirk would make an outstanding coach anywyere, but given what he has just said about the Swans this sounds like just one more "[un]-Shaw thing" .

There;'s more chance of the Swans going top this year than of Kirk joining another AFL club in the next 12 months.

Damien
21st May 2010, 07:58 AM
lol the rumour was pretty weak and suggested that GWS were going to talk to his manager. To that rumour, I sort of said "derr", GWS would go after Kirk for ANY role! Would be massive to sign our "spiritual leader" , however I am pretty confident he wouldn't jump ship. Very likely to stay with us in some capacity I'd think and if he wants to, will end up an assistant coach to Horse.

I realise a lot of great players end up at other clubs coaching, but Kirky strikes me as someone who intends on staying Red and White for the rest of his life (just like Roos I guess in that sense, just ignore the 15 or so Fitzroy years before it :))

Wardy
21st May 2010, 08:11 AM
As much as you would all like Roos and Kirk to stay "red and white" for life - its their lives, and their decision what they do with it. If they are offered fists full of money to go - and lets face it Kirk has over 30 years to go until full retirement from the work force arrives (and Roos about 20) - then if its offered from another club, and they have the right credentials for the job - then why not go - they have young familes to feed. There is nothing wrong with doing whats best for themselves and their families. Its not like in the old days when players & coaches had a "proper day job" as well as playing or coaching footy. Loyalty is not what it was, but the goal posts of life have moved as well.

Damien
21st May 2010, 08:34 AM
As much as you would all like Roos and Kirk to stay "red and white" for life - its their lives, and their decision what they do with it. If they are offered fists full of money to go - and lets face it Kirk has over 30 years to go until full retirement from the work force arrives (and Roos about 20) - then if its offered from another club, and they have the right credentials for the job - then why not go - they have young familes to feed. There is nothing wrong with doing whats best for themselves and their families. Its not like in the old days when players & coaches had a "proper day job" as well as playing or coaching footy. Loyalty is not what it was, but the goal poast of life have moved as well.

Yeah I don't think anyone really lives in that world anymore, (especially post football careers), but I think if any two players/coaches are going to be Sydney for life, it's Kirk/Roos.

Mind you, I thought that with a certain former player called Paul Kelly lol

Wardy
21st May 2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah I don't think anyone really lives in that world anymore, (especially post football careers), but I think if any two players/coaches are going to be Sydney for life, it's Kirk/Roos.

Mind you, I thought that with a certain former player called Paul Kelly lol

You hit the nail on the head re Kelly (and he has more kids than Kirk!) - the same can be said for Tom Harley as well - they have to do whats best for them - they dont have to answer to us. Roos is selling his house - so where is he going to move too - Perth maybe or the US?

Big Al
21st May 2010, 09:06 AM
You hit the nail on the head re Kelly (and he has more kids than Kirk!) - the same can be said for Tom Harley as well - they have to do whats best for them - they dont have to answer to us. Roos is selling his house - so where is he going to move too - Perth maybe or the US?

Spot on Wardy.

Unless he goes to Collingwood of course then the gloves are off.

Damien
21st May 2010, 09:07 AM

Kelly's was right place, right time, and got to stay in Wagga, (Similiar to Tom Harley, with his wife being a Sydneysider), I just think Kirk is likely to stay with us if offered the same thing as GWS but I am sure he would go without hesistation if we didn't offer him anything and he was after a gig. Roos is an interesting one, he has been adamant that he isn't a career coach etc....I'd let him go to almost any other club, just not West Coast haha I'd find that a little too weird for my liking!

Wardy
21st May 2010, 09:15 AM
Spot on Wardy.

Unless he goes to Collingwood of course then the gloves are off.

that goes without saying!;):D

Wardy
21st May 2010, 09:18 AM
Kirk would make an outstanding coach anywyere, but given what he has just said about the Swans this sounds like just one more "[un]-Shaw thing" .

There;'s more chance of the Swans going top this year than of Kirk joining another AFL club in the next 12 months.

really? well what about Scott Burns then? - he was with Collingwood for about 14 years, was revered at the PIes just like Kirk is here - he retires and heads straight to West coast as an assistant - he may end up back at Collingwood one day - but he has to put his family first and get established - so why cant Kirk do something similar? they dont have to answer to us.

goswannie14
21st May 2010, 09:39 AM
In the bigger scheme of things, who really cares?

stellation
21st May 2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe he's seen the end of the Twilight era so is trying to distance himself from blood?

Mr Magoo
21st May 2010, 10:48 AM
So if the swans dont offer him anything then he should just sit at home unemployed. What a load of rubbish. Who else in any other career says they wont go and work for the opposition if a good oportunity comes along. Even in the AFL , if that were the case , half the coaches in the league would be out of jobs and most of our coaching staff would be resigning tomorrow and heading back to North Melbourne.

We should be treating GWS not as our enemy but as our poor unemployed cousin who needs a hand. Lets not treat them as equals , lets start treating them with pity, scorn and disdain.

Primmy
21st May 2010, 10:57 AM
Would like to point out to all and sundry, Kirky is a fully qualified school teacher..... its not as tho he doesn't have a work ethic.... its not as tho he is not qualified to do anything else other than coach.... I would hate to see him as our runner though (shudder)..... he is not a particuarly fabulous public speaker (lets be honest) so can't see him in media......... he doesn't look to be the type of bloke with highflying needs, so has probably saved and invested a bit of his income ....... Somehow I think Kirky will be just fine, even if he takes up the full time job of house husband ........ BUT I cannot see Kirky being able to serve any other footy master but the Swans..... Kell is different, he has his country property and its been going through a lot of drought over a very long period, so getting away from it for a bit to be involved in something positive would probably seem god sent - they probably asked him which would be a good start ....... but Kirky away from this Club? no. Kirky moving up to Malooloobar? wouldn't surprise me.

aardvark
21st May 2010, 11:04 AM
How about Kirk for Prime Minister. What a bonus it would be to have someone honest running the country.

ernie koala
21st May 2010, 11:08 AM
Roos is selling his house - so where is he going to move too - Perth maybe or the US?

I was under the impression that Roos has stated that he intends to live in the US for a while. West Coast seems far fetched...Anyway I'm not really fussed what he does. His tenure is up at the Swans, it's been one of the most successful periods in the clubs 100+ years. Good luck to him whatever he does. It seems like a good time to move on, for both parties.

Damien
21st May 2010, 11:24 AM
So if the swans dont offer him anything then he should just sit at home unemployed. What a load of rubbish. .

Not sure anyone has said that :confused: Nothing wrong with anyone wanting him to stay with the Swans and I don't think anyone in their right mind is arguing that he doesn't have a right to work with whoever he wants!

Wardy
21st May 2010, 12:58 PM
Would like to point out to all and sundry, Kirky is a fully qualified school teacher..... its not as tho he doesn't have a work ethic.... its not as tho he is not qualified to do anything else other than coach.... I would hate to see him as our runner though (shudder)..... he is not a particuarly fabulous public speaker (lets be honest) so can't see him in media......... he doesn't look to be the type of bloke with highflying needs, so has probably saved and invested a bit of his income ....... Somehow I think Kirky will be just fine, even if he takes up the full time job of house husband ........ BUT I cannot see Kirky being able to serve any other footy master but the Swans..... Kell is different, he has his country property and its been going through a lot of drought over a very long period, so getting away from it for a bit to be involved in something positive would probably seem god sent - they probably asked him which would be a good start ....... but Kirky away from this Club? no. Kirky moving up to Malooloobar? wouldn't surprise me.

All good points - however, Kirk may move back to Albury for all we know - or go teach at a one teacher school somewhere - the thing is - if he stays with the Swans so be it - if he doesnt, its his decision - the world isnt going to end either way..

swansrule100
21st May 2010, 02:30 PM
i presumed kirky would be on display in a swans museum

jono2707
21st May 2010, 04:14 PM
I see him running a macrobiotic-vegan buddhist-monastery yoga-relaxation-zen style retreat somewhere in the Byron hinterlands...

teddys mum
21st May 2010, 07:39 PM
With his leadership abilities and teacher qualifications then I reckon a gig at the AFL Academy would probably work out. However, stay at home dad for a year or two will probably be the best bet.

Bas
21st May 2010, 07:50 PM
Assistant coaches earn far more than teachers. Those saying he would stay at home have got to be joking.

BSA5
21st May 2010, 08:24 PM
Assistant coaches earn far more than teachers. Those saying he would stay at home have got to be joking.

Only for a year or two. Be nice to spend some time with kids after a career of travelling all over Australia for work.

Bas
21st May 2010, 10:34 PM
Only for a year or two. Be nice to spend some time with kids after a career of travelling all over Australia for work.

Football season runs for 6 months. When they are not training they are at home I presume. So I think they get to spend far more time with their kids than what your average father does when he leaves for work at 7am and gets back at 6 or 7pm that night.

Assistant coaches can last longer than a year or two. No money in making scones at home. He will make the right decision for himself and his family and if it is with GWS then he goes with my blessings.

He can't afford to go away for two years if he wants a coaching or media career.

BSA5
21st May 2010, 10:53 PM
Football season runs for 6 months. When they are not training they are at home I presume. So I think they get to spend far more time with their kids than what your average father does when he leaves for work at 7am and gets back at 6 or 7pm that night.

Assistant coaches can last longer than a year or two. No money in making scones at home. He will make the right decision for himself and his family and if it is with GWS then he goes with my blessings.

He can't afford to go away for two years if he wants a coaching or media career.

What, you think his opportunties to be a coach or work in the media will go up in a puff of smoke if he isn't in there within 2 years of retiring? Really?

Bas
21st May 2010, 11:00 PM
What, you think his opportunties to be a coach or work in the media will go up in a puff of smoke if he isn't in there within 2 years of retiring? Really?

Yes because there are lots of other people who will fill the void. So will 2 years with the kids make everything right? As I said, he will decide whats best for him and his family. You're opinion or my opinion won't count.

BSA5
21st May 2010, 11:07 PM
Yes because there are lots of other people who will fill the void. So will 2 years with the kids make everything right? As I said, he will decide whats best for him and his family. You're opinion or my opinion won't count.

Of course it won't, I never said it will. But do you think that players who retire in two years time will not be able to find a job? Seriously, that logic is just ridiculous. Positions appear just as quickly as they are filled, whether Kirk tries to get a job next year or in 3 years won't have an effect on job availability.

Reggi
22nd May 2010, 09:14 AM
Am I the only person here who would like to see Kirky have a go at the WWE. Probably. But wouldn't he make a cool wrestler

Primmy
22nd May 2010, 11:44 AM
Am I the only person here who would like to see Kirky have a go at the WWE. Probably. But wouldn't he make a cool wrestler

All those abs and things?

R-1
22nd May 2010, 02:34 PM
I'd actually be quite pleased to see Kirky head west and coach alongside Sheeds. I want GWS to work, and not just become a massive pit of money an failure (even if they are gonna become a rival and enemy). He's probably got a hell of a footy brain to have been so effective with relatively little natural talent. And of course he's an inspirational leader and role model and I can see him working wonders with a mob of kids like GWS will have.

KirkysSocks
22nd May 2010, 08:01 PM
I'd actually be quite pleased to see Kirky head west and coach alongside Sheeds. I want GWS to work, and not just become a massive pit of money an failure (even if they are gonna become a rival and enemy). He's probably got a hell of a footy brain to have been so effective with relatively little natural talent. And of course he's an inspirational leader and role model and I can see him working wonders with a mob of kids like GWS will have.

No way. Kirk should not step one foot inside GWS..not one single foot. He is OUR legend who helped create a culture..the type that will be folklore in 10-20 years and you want him to cross over as soon as he finshes? nope no way...and if they do poach him the swans can GGF!

And really tbh i hope GWS really fails..it's nothing but a scam to ensure the AFL and Andy get their rich pickings. 1 and a bit years out until they are introduced and they have nothing..just a rambling old has been and a corporate logo that reminds me of a re-branded 2WS logo. Trust me once the AFL fill their pockets with the broadcasters money, GWS will be declared a failure or a write off and a melbourne side will be relocated.

;)

Wardy
23rd May 2010, 11:14 AM
No way. Kirk should not step one foot inside GWS..not one single foot. He is OUR legend who helped create a culture..the type that will be folklore in 10-20 years and you want him to cross over as soon as he finshes? nope no way...and if they do poach him the swans can GGF!

And really tbh i hope GWS really fails..it's nothing but a scam to ensure the AFL and Andy get their rich pickings. 1 and a bit years out until they are introduced and they have nothing..just a rambling old has been and a corporate logo that reminds me of a re-branded 2WS logo. Trust me once the AFL fill their pockets with the broadcasters money, GWS will be declared a failure or a write off and a melbourne side will be relocated.

;) riiiiiiiiht - You really need to calm down - it is only footy (when its all said and done) I'm sure Kirk is going to consult you about his life decisions!! hmm yeah nah!
If the money is right he is a nut case not to take ion working for Sheeds - it is an opportunity to be involved in the foundation of a new club - GWS are empolying the best people available - Kelly, Harley & Kirk, a pretty good group to have on your coaching staff I would have thought..

KirkysSocks
23rd May 2010, 12:03 PM
Thats not what i was saying wardy, nice try.

The GWS are creating an artificial environment, they are poaching talent from other clubs and before to long they will make sure they are GWS people first and foremost, ex afl players secondly and if we are lucky ex swans players.

Why is it bad to want that little semblance of loyalty in these corporate times? Why is it such a crime..why cant we say enough is enough we want to keep onto our legends, especially one who created a culutre. I will be more bitter too see Kirk go to GWS than i was with Kelly. Sure Kelly was a great captain who put his head over the ball, but he didn't really bring the values that Brett Kirk has..and people like you are happy enough for it to get pissed away just for the name of friggen progress!

I am sick to death of people thinking that loyalty is a bad bad thing.

Wardy
24th May 2010, 07:57 AM
Thats not what i was saying wardy, nice try.

The GWS are creating an artificial environment, they are poaching talent from other clubs and before to long they will make sure they are GWS people first and foremost, ex afl players secondly and if we are lucky ex swans players.

Why is it bad to want that little semblance of loyalty in these corporate times? Why is it such a crime..why cant we say enough is enough we want to keep onto our legends, especially one who created a culutre. I will be more bitter too see Kirk go to GWS than i was with Kelly. Sure Kelly was a great captain who put his head over the ball, but he didn't really bring the values that Brett Kirk has..and people like you are happy enough for it to get pissed away just for the name of friggen progress!

I never said that loyalty was a bad thing - loyalty isnt what it was - times have changed - like it or not.

You are obviously a big fan of Kirk, thats great - I'm simply not and never have been. But for you to say "No Way, Kirk should not step one foot inside GWS" thats a bit rich dont you think?? what gives any of us the right to say what he can, can't, should or shouldn't do with his life? That is what I questioned.

If anyone - especially people who I dont know- turned around and told me what to do if I was changing jobs I'd tell them in no uncertain terms to bugger off. Its his decision, not ours and I'm sure (being the intelligent man he is) he and his wife will make the appropriate decisions as to future employment that will suit them.

As for your artificial environment - well so what, they have to start somewhere - time to look outside the square, its going to happen whether we like it or not - it may be successful, it may not. What I'm hopeful is that it expands our game. For those who hope that it fails, seems a bit narrow minded, but each to their own. Kirk, along with Kelly, Harley and of course Sheeds would be a good combination.

Triple B
24th May 2010, 08:55 AM

How about loyalty to his family, to do the best he can for his kids.

Different loyalty?

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 09:02 AM
ok you have no respect for kirk, roos and any other player that did their best in your eyes to oust poor little nick davis. I have read your comments plenty of times on here and i know where you stand. You dislike the people that brought in a great culture, because they ousted a lazy undisciplined player. I am not going to argue with you as we have opposite view points and basically i hope people like you move over to GWS.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 09:08 AM
How about loyalty to his family, to do the best he can for his kids.

Different loyalty?

I am trying to wrok out here why there is a reason to even bring this up? This is about kirk the footballer not kirk the person or humanaterian.

I am sure he is more than loyal to his family, thats not even an issue.

Big Al
24th May 2010, 09:30 AM

;)

Kirk owes the Swans NOTHING and as far as I'm concerned can do whatever is best for him and his family. If that means he goes GWS or whoever then he has my blessing and knowing the culture of our club he'll have the blessing of the Swans as well.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 09:45 AM
No wonder loyalty is dead, with the attitude of some around here. I disagree the swans need to do what ever they can to retain him if he decides to stay in football.

desredandwhite
24th May 2010, 09:48 AM
This is a non-argument.

If the Swans want him, they will make him a suitable offer. If there is no budget, or if there are no positions, then he will make whatever decision is necessary to support himself and his family. If that means going to GWS to work as a coach, then so be it. If it means opening up a fish and chip shop next to the SCG, good luck to him.

If he wants to be content with the squillions of dollars he's earnt, fill his swimming pool with $100 notes and have money fights with his kids... again, good luck to him :)

Wardy
24th May 2010, 09:59 AM
ok you have no respect for kirk, roos and any other player that did their best in your eyes to oust poor little nick davis. I have read your comments plenty of times on here and i know where you stand. You dislike the people that brought in a great culture, because they ousted a lazy undisciplined player. I am not going to argue with you as we have opposite view points and basically i hope people like you move over to GWS.

I respect that Kirk can do what ever he likes with his life because its HIS LIFE AND HIS CHOICE!!! - not ours. Remove the blinkers, read the post properly and you will see that.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 10:27 AM
I respect that Kirk can do what ever he likes with his life because its HIS LIFE AND HIS CHOICE!!! - not ours. Remove the blinkers, read the post properly and you will see that.

I thought as swans fans we had the final say..who woulda..

I still stand by my point, kirk has so much to offer to the future kids of the club and can carry on the bloods legacy he has crreated onto them. What use would this culture be, if the spiritual leader, the one who insisted on bringing it to the club is at the other end of town. If i was a new recruit i wouldn't care about the principles of loyalty or blood ethos cause the guy who instigated it is over at the new mob.

I wouldnt say this of any other player and tbh i didn't really care much when it was announced that paul kelly was going to gws, didn't actually care tbh. Great player and all that but thats all he gave to the club, unlike brett kirk.

Wardy
24th May 2010, 10:36 AM
I thought as swans fans we had the final say..who woulda..

I still stand by my point, kirk has so much to offer to the future kids of the club and can carry on the bloods legacy he has crreated onto them. What use would this culture be, if the spiritual leader, the one who insisted on bringing it to the club is at the other end of town. If i was a new recruit i wouldn't care about the principles of loyalty or blood ethos cause the guy who instigated it is over at the new mob.

I wouldnt say this of any other player and tbh i didn't really care much when it was announced that paul kelly was going to gws, didn't actually care tbh. Great player and all that but thats all he gave to the club, unlike brett kirk.

Look thats all well and good, and I understand your passion - but he is still going to make his decision based on whats best for he and his families future - it has nothing to do with us. So you can say until you are blue in the face that you dont want him to have anything to do with GWS and remain 100% loyal to the Swans - and you say that he should be shown respect. Well how about giving Kirk the same respect in return and acknowledge that he is extremely capable of making choices in life that are best for he and his family. If the Bloods culture is as good as you maintain, then it should survive with or without Kirk being at the club. I would have thought that ethos you so passionately defend would be a good thing to have at all clubs - or is it just singled out that GWS are to have none of that?

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 10:50 AM
wow i am way to old school for this modern corporate world where loyalty and all that is yesterdays news and no one does it.

Nothing wrong at all in wanting to be the only club with the best culture where we attract decent people who want to play for us. Nothing wrong with that. It seems those in Sydney don't really mind that GWS rip out the heart and soul of the swans and ride on the back of all the hard work the swans have done in making in roads in Sydney.

msb
24th May 2010, 10:54 AM
I think Robert Harvey proved there is no loyalty.....played with st.kilda for about 40 years then the very next year after retirement he is an assistant coach at carlton!

Wardy
24th May 2010, 10:57 AM
wow i am way to old school for this modern corporate world where loyalty and all that is yesterdays news and no one does it.

Nothing wrong at all in wanting to be the only club with the best culture where we attract decent people who want to play for us. Nothing wrong with that. It seems those in Sydney don't really mind that GWS rip out the heart and soul of the swans and ride on the back of all the hard work the swans have done in making in roads in Sydney.

Get a grip - the world isnt going to end because of what Kirk or the Swans do or dont do - I'm no spring chicken either, but I am capable of seeing the bigger picture.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 11:01 AM
Get a grip - the world isnt going to end because of what Kirk or the Swans do or dont do - I'm no spring chicken either, but I am capable of seeing the bigger picture.

We are talking about football or a footy player on a footy website. If this was a society and culture forum where we are discussing kirky the humanitarian father and so what then yeah i agree, but we are not. So get some perspective and stop trying to yet again, be holier than thou.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 11:02 AM
I think Robert Harvey proved there is no loyalty.....played with st.kilda for about 40 years then the very next year after retirement he is an assistant coach at carlton!

Yeah But Robert Harvey was not responsble for creating a culutre, he was a loyal servant to the club as a footy player. Same as Paul Kelly.

Wardy
24th May 2010, 11:04 AM
We are talking about football or a footy player on a footy website. If this was a society and culture forum where we are discussing kirky the humanitarian father and so what then yeah i agree, but we are not. So get some perspective and stop trying to yet again, be holier than thou.

You dont say - gee the way you are going on saying that Kirk is not to step foot into GWS territory is turning the matter into something of national importance - it not. Me holier than thou - geez thats a laugh!

desredandwhite
24th May 2010, 11:06 AM
It seems those in Sydney don't really mind that GWS rip out the heart and soul of the swans and ride on the back of all the hard work the swans have done in making in roads in Sydney.

That's intepreting a lot more into what's been said here than there actually is, I think.

It'd be great to hang onto Kirky, IF he wants to stay involved. However, if he doesn't, then that's okay too. If he DOES want to stay involved, then the club will do what it can - however it may not have the positions available, and it may not have the funds available - AND it may not be able to offer the same sorts of opportunities that GWS or another club can. If he wants to hone his skills under a different structure, observing a different culture and team dynamic, as well as getting the opportunity to be involved in the start of a new club, that is his choice.

Loyalty might give you an edge where the offers are similar, but very often they are not.

Wardy
24th May 2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah But Robert Harvey was not responsble for creating a culutre, he was a loyal servant to the club as a footy player. Same as Paul Kelly.

How do you know that he didnt - did you have the inner ear of all at St Kilda? Harvey was a quiet achiever.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 11:09 AM
You dont say - gee the way you are going on saying that Kirk is not to step foot into GWS territory is turning the matter into something of national importance - it not.

Nice going but that is not what i am doing. This is a swans website, about football. It might not be important to YOU, but it is to a lot of people. Just because footy to you is something that is irrelevant to others it is. Deal with it..like i am trying to deal with you love/hate relationship you have with the swans.

Me holier than thou - geez thats a laugh!

Well you are. Anyone who shows a bit of passion or dares to mention anything positive about kirk and roos you bring them down because you cannot handle it. I have read your comments on here plenty of times and have stopped myself from signing up to have a go at you.

Case in point when the Nick Davis was dropped. The stuff you and a few said about roos and kirk was short of disgraceful.

You are one fiesry woman wardy haha.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 11:12 AM
How do you know that he didnt - did you have the inner ear of all at St Kilda? Harvey was a quiet achiever.

umm i think being in Melbourne i am exposed to a lot more footy news about other clubs through the constant reporting of footy issues in the Melbourne media. Harvey was a great servant to the club and sure he lead by example through his training and the way he played but he did not instil the same kind of culture that kirky did. And you answered your own question anyway but saying he was a quiet achiever.

Robert Harvey was what Paul Kelly was at the swans.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 11:16 AM
That's intepreting a lot more into what's been said here than there actually is, I think.

It'd be great to hang onto Kirky, IF he wants to stay involved. However, if he doesn't, then that's okay too. If he DOES want to stay involved, then the club will do what it can - however it may not have the positions available, and it may not have the funds available - AND it may not be able to offer the same sorts of opportunities that GWS or another club can. If he wants to hone his skills under a different structure, observing a different culture and team dynamic, as well as getting the opportunity to be involved in the start of a new club, that is his choice.

Loyalty might give you an edge where the offers are similar, but very often they are not.

why would anyone who helped create a culture want to go anywhere else straight after? I know if i loved a work environment or the collective i was around i sure would not get up and go elsewhere unless there were major factors in play which forced me to go elsewhere. This whole way of thinking that loyalty is dead stems from corporate culture where anyone and anything is just dispensable and can be bought.

Paul Roos and Fitzroy was a perfect example. He stayed put as much as he could until there was no future at the roys, so he left. I am 110% sure had the roys been around and were not a shambles Roosy would be coaching a fitzroy side atm.

Wardy
24th May 2010, 11:19 AM
Nice going but that is not what i am doing. This is a swans website, about football. It might not be important to YOU, but it is to a lot of people. Just because footy to you is something that is irrelevant to others it is. Deal with it..like i am trying to deal with you love/hate relationship you have with the swans.

Where have I said that I hate the Swans - if I did then why am I a paid up member???

Well you are. Anyone who shows a bit of passion or dares to mention anything positive about kirk and roos you bring them down because you cannot handle it. I have read your comments on here plenty of times and have stopped myself from signing up to have a go at you.

And then if someone disagrees with you - you go at them too - but I am at least showing Kirk the respect that I know he is capable of making decisions in life that are right for him - you simply wont entertain the idea that he may go elsewhere, even though its his choice..

Case in point when the Nick Davis was dropped. The stuff you and a few said about Roos and Kirk was short of disgraceful.

If you think it was then it must be :rolleyes:-

Yeah I disagreed with it & that is my perogative, I dont have to agree with everything the club does, yet I still pay my fees and turn up so to say I hate the club is incorrect. If you beleive everything they do is right - then that is your perogative too

You are one fiesry woman wardy haha.

And the problem with that is? Am I supposed to be one of those women who sits back and says "yes dear, what ever you say dear" yeah right thats going to happen.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 11:22 AM
And the problem with that is? Am I supposed to be one of those women who sits back and says "yes dear, what ever you say dear" yeah right thats going to happen.

No problem at alll, but you shouldn't put others who show more loyalty and passion than you do, down, in that case i will hold you up for it.

You seem to have a problem with people showing passion. You remind me of these supporters who hate on those who feel footy means a lot to them. We all support our team the way we want..but you have no right to sit there and ridicule those that do or want too see loyalty from our legends.

Wardy
24th May 2010, 11:33 AM
No problem at alll, but you shouldn't put others who show more loyalty and passion than you do, down, in that case i will hold you up for it.

You seem to have a problem with people showing passion. You remind me of these supporters who hate on those who feel footy means a lot to them. We all support our team the way we want..but you have no right to sit there and ridicule those that do or want too see loyalty from our legends.

Hang on - you are the one who said that he wasnt to set foot on GWS soil - what gives you the right to insist upon that? that is my argument - Kirk will do whats right for him - WE ALL have to RESPECT that.

As for putting you down - if you feel that I have, I apologise that certainly wasnt the intention. And if I hate the Swans as much as you say - then why do I pay my fees and attend games?

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 11:36 AM
And if I hate the Swans as much as you say - then why do I pay my fees and attend games?

Because you are some kind of sadomasochists? :D

Big Al
24th May 2010, 11:38 AM
And the problem with that is? Am I supposed to be one of those women who sits back and says "yes dear, what ever you say dear" .

If you are Wardy... how about some Dinner. :D

Big Al
24th May 2010, 11:43 AM

If you're questioning the passion and loyalty of Wardy then you are seriously deluded.

desredandwhite
24th May 2010, 11:49 AM
If KirkysSocks was a persona created purely for the purpose of baiting wardy... he has done a splendid job ;)

Wardy
24th May 2010, 11:50 AM
Because you are some kind of sadomasochists? :D

Jesus I cant argue with that!!!:D

Wardy
24th May 2010, 11:52 AM
If KirkysSocks was a persona created purely for the purpose of baiting wardy... he has done a splendid job ;)

Cmon Des - I have argued longer and harder than this!!!;) I'm a stubborn old girl afterall! (ask a certain journalist/author- he hates my guts!!!) ;)

Big Al
24th May 2010, 11:53 AM
Jesus I cant argue with that!!!:D

KirkysSocks isn't Jesus, He's just a very naughty boy.

Wardy
24th May 2010, 11:54 AM
If you are Wardy... how about some Dinner. :D

:rofl(clap)

Wardy
24th May 2010, 11:56 AM
KirkysSocks isn't Jesus, He's just a very naughty boy.

real name Brian!!!!

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 12:03 PM
Cmon Des - I have argued longer and harder than this!!!;) I'm a stubborn old girl afterall! (ask a certain journalist/author- he hates my guts!!!) ;)

doesn't hate your guts, just doesn't like the way you rubbish the club. Again it might not be a big deal to you but to many it's rather insulting and crude the things you have to say about the coach and a few players.

I must say i LOL when i read Jim Mains rant about you!

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 12:04 PM

thanks but i wasnt created to troll wardy. :)

Big Al
24th May 2010, 12:10 PM
doesn't hate your guts, just doesn't like the way you rubbish the club. Again it might not be a big deal to you but to many it's rather insulting and crude the things you have to say about the coach and a few players.

Welcome to RWO Jim...

Wardy
24th May 2010, 12:18 PM

Well long as it made you happy - terrific.

Crude you say, in what way - just because I disagree on some things? - right so I have to agree with everything that is put out by the club, about every team selection or situation, and everything that the coach says and does etc? If thats how you want it - then I can play that game.

KirkysSocks
24th May 2010, 12:25 PM
It didnt make me happy it just made me laugh!