PDA

View Full Version : Bris V Collingwood

Damien
29th May 2010, 10:57 PM
It's cold and I am having a lazy night in and was flicking between both games tonight and got more interested for some reason in the Saints/Crows (despite the saints spanking them in the last quarter)

It seems though I have missed a great fightback in the 2nd half by the Lions to beat the Pies by 8 up at the Gabba. HOPEFULLY this can send a few signal through to our boys that this year is the year to finally get them again at ANZ!

Anyone watch the last quarter? Were the Lions great or did Collingwood die?

Triple B
29th May 2010, 11:07 PM
It was a great game to watch. The Lions were very good in the second half.

From a Swans perspective, two of the better players for us in the 2005 GF both had good games. Monty was great, although some really poor kicks let him down in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but he was sensational for them when it was tight in the last quarter (Luke Darcy was singing his praises).

The other one was Staker. He was a colossus at CHB and was EASILY the best game I have seen him play. The commentators were saying it was a career high for him in marks and disposals. He was really very very good.

GoSouth33
29th May 2010, 11:28 PM
Fev got four in the second half. Apparently kicked at least one spectacular goal. After Richmond won today it proves that upsets will keep happening through the season. Keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow.

dimelb
29th May 2010, 11:36 PM
As well as Staker, there were great games from Johnstone, Power, Rich and Brown. And Freakola.

goswannie14
29th May 2010, 11:38 PM
As well as Staker, there were great games from Johnstone, Power, Rich and Brown. And Freakola.I only watched the last qrtr, but Johnstone was incredible. It was almost as good as watching a Swans win!

ShockOfHair
30th May 2010, 02:10 AM
A big win for the Lions after losing five in a row. Colliingwood kicked just three goals after halftime.

In the last quarter Buchy helped set up two key goals, Staker pulled down a ton of marks.

I was enjoying the sight of Staker playing next to Maguire. You could build a pretty good defence out of victims of Baz.

Triple B
30th May 2010, 10:01 AM
You could build a pretty good defence out of victims of Baz.

Lol..

HB: Staker Maguire Corey
B: Wakelin Rutten Thompson

Cheer Squad
30th May 2010, 10:15 AM
I only watched the last qrtr, but Johnstone was incredible. It was almost as good as watching a Swans win!

I thought that myself. Johnstone was brilliant - it was obvious how much he wanted to win.

I hope our guys were watching this game. That's how you beat Collingwood - pressure and determination.

hot potato
30th May 2010, 11:58 PM
Staker was my idol in this game, they just couldn't get past him.

hp

Bloody Hell
31st May 2010, 04:25 AM
Staker was my idol in this game, they just couldn't get past him.

hp

I thought the same. Amazing what a change of uniform can do for you.

ShockOfHair
31st May 2010, 03:14 PM
Lol..

HB: Staker Maguire Corey
B: Wakelin Rutten Thompson

Brilliant!. And that's just the 2005-08 vintage.

jono2707
1st June 2010, 06:16 PM
Luke Power was pretty great too - brought back sad memories of the Elimination Final out at Homebush back in 2003 (?) when he absolutely destroyed us in the final quarter. What a top player....