PDA

View Full Version : bradshaw and bolton

swanspant12
4th July 2010, 06:40 PM
we are missing bradshaw and bolton. 2 key players. this might sound a bit far fetched, however if we had another target up forward such as bradshaw today against the tigers, and bolton to help out in the defence to stop reiwoldt then I think we would've won.

Cardinal
4th July 2010, 07:24 PM
It would have been nice but we only lost by less than a goal. Unfortunately Playfair injured himself, and we lost both an interchange a target up forward. Despite everything else we can criticise, that was enough of a difference to lose in my opinion.

Damien
4th July 2010, 07:27 PM
I have no doubt if we had Seaby, Bolton and Bradshaw, we would have won but that's not how football works, have to win with injuries, every team finds themselves in the same boat, mind you having your best back, forward and ruck out is rare I guess, but we were in a position to win, no excuses from me, we blew it.

Melbourne_Blood
4th July 2010, 07:31 PM
No excuses. We weren't good enough. We took our foot off their throats in the third quarter and played soft in the last. Im sick of hearing about Bradshaw not playing and Seaby out and C.Bolton. We beat Port and Essendon without these players. Yet we lost to richmond. Enough said. The Tiges are improved but we should've beat them and we were in an excellent position to do so. Yet we failed

swanspant12
4th July 2010, 07:31 PM
yeah fair call. but missing 3 of your key players does burden quite a bit. do you think if richmond didn't have reiwoldt they still would've won? he adds 5 goals a game. bradshaw would have added at least 3 or 4 goals.

Melbourne_Blood
4th July 2010, 07:36 PM
You cant compare the two. Even if Bradshaw does come back i don't think there is a guarantee he will see out the first quarter let alone a guarantee he will kick 3 or 4 goals.

mcs
4th July 2010, 07:47 PM
If we had a fully fit Tony Lockett, and Paul Roos down back with Dunkley, and Paul Kelly in the middle and Micky O up front, we might have won as well! Hypotheticals are uselss in football- we still had more than enough troops out there to win comfortably today, and we got ourselves in a position to do so in the third quarter, but threw it away as we got tired and made stupid error after stupid error.

swansrule100
5th July 2010, 01:23 PM
i think its a sad state of affairs if bradshaw leaves that big a hole in the side. He is a bonus while we develop, which to me makes the decision to drop white stupid. I also thought bolton was having a poor year before he got injured and wouldnt of made a difference yesterday

Go Swannies
5th July 2010, 01:30 PM
i think its a sad state of affairs if bradshaw leaves that big a hole in the side. He is a bonus while we develop, which to me makes the decision to drop white stupid. I also thought bolton was having a poor year before he got injured and wouldnt of made a difference yesterday

Weren't we dropping White to give him a bit of confidence in the 2s?

And I think it'd be more accurate to say that Bolton was having a poor year because he is carrying injuries and then he got more injuries that made it simply impossible for him to play. If what I hear is true and they are trying to patch him up well enough to play his 200th before retirement (and I think he, like Leo and others has done so much to deserve that) what game should it be? I'd say the Cats as whether we are down to 3 or have the whole ressies on the bench we are unlikely to get a win. Though it'd be nice if it was at the SCG - so the Dogs game?

swansrule100
5th July 2010, 01:57 PM
Weren't we dropping White to give him a bit of confidence in the 2s?

And I think it'd be more accurate to say that Bolton was having a poor year because he is carrying injuries and then he got more injuries that made it simply impossible for him to play. If what I hear is true and they are trying to patch him up well enough to play his 200th before retirement (and I think he, like Leo and others has done so much to deserve that) what game should it be? I'd say the Cats as whether we are down to 3 or have the whole ressies on the bench we are unlikely to get a win. Though it'd be nice if it was at the SCG - so the Dogs game?

how does dropping white give him confidence though? how about just playing him forward instead of asking him to lead up the wing the entire game. Richmond would of been a good game for him to play for confidence.

Regardless of why bolton was having a poor year i just meant its silly to use him as an excuse for losing yesterday he would of made no difference

aardvark
5th July 2010, 02:48 PM
If White is our only option for FF we are in deep trouble.

Go Swannies
5th July 2010, 03:48 PM
If White is our only option for FF we are in deep trouble.

Fortunately, he's not. We've got Henry, too. Are you relieved now?

Bloody Hell
5th July 2010, 04:20 PM
Agree. Probably the two most important people for team balance.

wearebloods
5th July 2010, 07:38 PM
I reckon Sportsbet would offer some great odds on nominating how many future games CBolts & Bradshaw will both play together in......not many....call it my ersatz-female intuition.

balcove
5th July 2010, 07:49 PM
if we drop players for confidence i think we should check that out with the sports psychologists. Doesnt make sense. Its time Roos went, he sees the game with very different eyes atm. two weeks a go mmm commentators stated that their for three weeks in a row their no 2 pick for best on ground was dropped by Roos. They said they must be bad judges. Perhaps the coach is worrying more about packing than coaching. How do we have a forward caoch who kicked 79 goals. Like having a gaolkeeper coach a striker in soccer.