PDA

View Full Version : Carlton Game social thread

Go Swannies
12th July 2010, 02:49 PM
I'm going to be down in Melbourne and head to the game. Can any Melbourne members tell me if there's a social catch up before the game - and is there a Swans event after the game?

Who's going? It'd be good to put faces to avatars - unless you're all three metres tall and blue.

ScottH
12th July 2010, 02:52 PM
I think there is an AM this week.
I'll be there if so.

Not sure about pre game, most usually catch up at the Colonial Hotel in King St.
I won't be at that.

Go Swannies
12th July 2010, 03:21 PM
Scott - it'd be good to catch up.

GoSouth33
12th July 2010, 04:55 PM
Haven't been down to a Melbourne match this year but isn't it always, Cricketer's Arms, Punt Rd Richmond for MCG prematch, Colonial Hotel, cnr King and Lonsdale for Dome prematch and, Patony's Pizza, Clarendon St, Sth Melbourne for postmatch?

Mike_B
12th July 2010, 05:15 PM
Looks like I'll be there for the game only (if that), nothing before/after, due to it being cutover weekend for a massive project at work I'm involved in....at least the office is near the Dome so I can possibly come in, work for a bit, go to the footy, then come back and work more (if needed).

jono2707
12th July 2010, 05:17 PM
I'll be heading down there for this weekend's match - where is the best place to sit at Etihad with other Swans supporters? I'd rather not sit too close to too many Carlton fans. Also will General Admission tickets do the trick or should we book fancier seats? Any advice would be appreciated.

Looking forward to it and it was good to see the Blues go down by so much last night - hope that puts a nice dent in their confidence....

ScottH
15th July 2010, 08:26 PM
Scott - it'd be good to catch up.

Yep, definitely an AM.
There will be a members-only after match function following the game. Please feel free to join us - head to the Victory Room (b), level one, Etihad Stadium.
To obtain entry, your 2010 membership card must be shown to security at the door. No card, no entry. Entry is subject to capacity.

I'll be heading down there for this weekend's match - where is the best place to sit at Etihad with other Swans supporters? I'd rather not sit too close to too many Carlton fans. Also will General Admission tickets do the trick or should we book fancier seats? Any advice would be appreciated.

Looking forward to it and it was good to see the Blues go down by so much last night - hope that puts a nice dent in their confidence....

Southern end is usually where the majority sit, it is the cheer squad end.
Lvl 3 usually has plenty of seats.
Or you can book a seat on lvl 2 or 1 for a cost.