PDA

View Full Version : GOTY: Vote Now for Shaw

AnnieH
16th July 2010, 12:48 PM
VOTE HERE (http://www.afl.com.au/competitions/goal/index.aspx)

Shaw's up for Round 15 Goal of the Year.

Vote now if you already haven't.

Cheer_Cheer
16th July 2010, 01:07 PM
I wish Shaw all the luck. I jst can't stand telemarketing..

23. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers, the AFL and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.

Nich
16th July 2010, 01:41 PM
Rhyce's Goal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFWYtfhmCXw)

AnnieH
16th July 2010, 02:10 PM
I wish Shaw all the luck. I jst can't stand telemarketing..

23. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers, the AFL and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.

... but if you tick the box saying that you don't wish to receive email, etc from the promoter, it's technically wrong for them to send it and you can go them.
(Although you'll have to prove that you ticked the box.)

Ever heard of "send email from this address straight to junkmail?"

:)

Cheer_Cheer
16th July 2010, 10:38 PM
It isn't so much spam email that bothers me.. Mainly phone calls.. I figure they sell the info they get from this to telemarketers.. Maybe I am just paranoid.. Who is that knocking on my door....

GoSouth33
16th July 2010, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't vote for Shawy's goal as GOTY because there's quite a few of that type of goal scored...you know, Didak, Milney, any number of players score like that. Brilliant goals but there's a sameness about them. On the other hand, Buddy scored two against Essendon which were just sublime. Running goals, bouncing the ball, staying ahead of the opposition and then lining up from very tight angles on the boundary line. I reckon Buddy's are in the bag.

Bas
16th July 2010, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't vote for Shawy's goal as GOTY because there's quite a few of that type of goal scored...you know, Didak, Milney, any number of players score like that. Brilliant goals but there's a sameness about them. On the other hand, Buddy scored two against Essendon which were just sublime. Running goals, bouncing the ball, staying ahead of the opposition and then lining up from very tight angles on the boundary line. I reckon Buddy's are in the bag.

But how many of those goals scored were by a Canadian who played rugby. Perspective counts. Mike you're my man.

Jewels
17th July 2010, 12:44 AM

Maybe I'm weird or something but,
love Shaw or hate Shaw,
love the goal or hate the goal,
IT WAS A SWANS GOAL!
I just assumed ALL Swans fans would vote for it. :hmmm

erica
17th July 2010, 08:26 AM
love Shaw or hate Shaw,
IT WAS A SWANS GOAL!

Absolutely. It's not going to win the overall GOTY competition, but it was kicked by one of our players. If Swans "supporters" aren't actually going to support the team in trivial things like this, why bother?

GoSouth33
18th July 2010, 12:51 AM
Oh come on, don't make me feel bad. I love a Swans goal as much as the next person. I go home after a Swans game without a voice.....but when you really get down to it you have to be fair dinkum about this: Buddy's were magic. I might have hated them if they were scored against us but they were scored against.........Essendon. Ha.

Triple B
18th July 2010, 11:48 AM
love Shaw or hate Shaw,
IT WAS A SWANS GOAL!

Absolutely. It's not going to win the overall GOTY competition, but it was kicked by one of our players. If Swans "supporters" aren't actually going to support the team in trivial things like this, why bother?

That's juvenile thinking and exactly why these 'online voting' comps are a crock and lack all credibility.

Jewels
18th July 2010, 11:56 AM
That's juvenile thinking and exactly why these 'online voting' comps are a crock and lack all credibility.

I really don't think you have any right to call me juvenile.
What I wrote is my opinion, I don't ask or need your approval so keep your insults to yourself thank you very much.

Triple B
18th July 2010, 12:05 PM
And I also wrote my opinion, which is, to vote for a goal/mark/tackle just on the fact that a swans player was involved as opposed to the actual merits of the goal/mark/tackle is juvenile thinking.

It is the kind of thinking I'd expect from a teenage female Essendon supporter who would vote for a Matt Lloyd regulation from the top of the goalsquare, just because it was Matty.

Jewels
18th July 2010, 12:20 PM
And I also wrote my opinion, which is, to vote for a goal/mark/tackle just on the fact that a swans player was involved as opposed to the actual merits of the goal/mark/tackle is juvenile thinking.

It is the kind of thinking I'd expect from a teenage female Essendon supporter who would vote for a Matt Lloyd regulation from the top of the goalsquare, just because it was Matty.

The point of difference between your post and mine was that I didn't feel any insults needed to be thrown whilst you posted a distinct insult towards myself and the poster whom agreed with me.
Perhaps you should try reading these posts with the other posters thoughts in mind instead of trying to be superior to one and all on here.
And anyway, if a teenage female Essendon supporter voted for a Matt Lloyd regulation from the top of the goalsquare, just because it was Matty, then I feel she has every right to do so.

Triple B
18th July 2010, 01:18 PM
Just remember to clean the shovel before you put it back in the shed.

erica
18th July 2010, 05:48 PM
Play the ball, not the man Triple B.