PDA

View Full Version : Respect to Swans fans from A Melbourne fan

Melbourne demon
27th July 2010, 09:32 PM
I have been a Melbourne supporter for many years. On the weekend when the Debt Demolition tins came around I saw Swans fans dipping in their pockets. To me this shows the type of supporters you guys are, you would not see a Collingwood fan do it, trust me. I want to thank you as a club for the help and support.

satchmopugdog
27th July 2010, 09:44 PM
Respect

bondy
27th July 2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks for sharing that Melbourne demon, it's nice to hear.

MarshallG
27th July 2010, 10:54 PM
Thank you for joining to pass that on.

ScottH
28th July 2010, 08:56 AM
I have been a Melbourne supporter for many years. On the weekend when the Debt Demolition tins came around I saw Swans fans dipping in their pockets. To me this shows the type of supporters you guys are, you would not see a Collingwood fan do it, trust me. I want to thank you as a club for the help and support.

And you would not see us dipping into our pockets for Collingwood!!!

Cheeers mate!!

bigswan
28th July 2010, 10:55 AM
Nice gesture. It's good cause and they are a good team also.

Nich
28th July 2010, 11:00 AM
If I were in Melbourne I would have had no hesitation either. Thanks for spreading on the good vibes.

31 hard at it
28th July 2010, 12:28 PM
It was an amazing turnout of volunteers all around the ground, every row was approached but in good nature , no pressure...
reminded me of the days when it was a little less organised.... a few folks walking inside the boundary holding a blanket and the kids collecting the coins that missed. It was a dangerous job for the brave few especially as they went round the outer !
Well done to the Melbourne committee for getting their club solvent again during a tough time on the field.
We had many dark days will tough times at the Lake oval and a few in Sydney as well so long time supporters have seen it as well.
After seeing Melbourne on Sunday I have no doubt they will be very competitive over the next few years.
Loyal supporters is what the game is all about.

ItsAllGoodes
28th July 2010, 12:47 PM
I was one of the Swans supporters who put in...as were several around where we were sitting. The collector said "Donations from Swans supporters are worth double". I took this to mean that it does mean alot that fans of other Clubs would think enough to contribute, that it is a source of money and support that they would not plan to receive

Thanks Melbourne demon for thinking enough about the contributions to have joined our website and making your comment. A few Melbourne supporters around me were surprised that i would contribute...I simply said that having 'lost' my team (to a certain extent) I wouldnt want other Supporters (which includes my sister and a couple of nephews and some close family friends) to have to go through it. There is no doubt that the Club (being Melbourne, but also a Club that has struggled on the field of late) and the 'strength and passion' of your President play a big part.

Congrats to the Melbourne board for what they have done to almost eliminate the debt...and congrats for being good winners on the weekend

Primmy
28th July 2010, 12:48 PM
Ta for that, we needa bit of approval at the moment.

ItsAllGoodes
30th July 2010, 11:36 AM
This from the Melbourne club....

The Demons acknowledge much of the extraordinary response is attributable to the public's admiration for Stynes, who had galvanised astonishing levels of support from both well-heeled and rank-and-file fans even before he began his battle with cancer.

Melbourne's deputy president Don McLardy last night recounted how Sydney fans were donating to the debt drive at Sunday's game between the Demons and Swans - a remarkable turn of events that McLardy said was due to the following of Stynes, who attended Sunday's game and mingled in the crowd. ''We think that's down to Jim.''