PDA

View Full Version : How far can we go if we win next week?

swans_premiers
14th August 2010, 08:20 PM
With a couple of good wins over top 8 teams in the last 2 weeks how far can we go if we knock off a top four team in the bulldogs next week?

Ratna
14th August 2010, 08:39 PM
It is a big if. I would love to see a win next week, but the Bulldogs are the type of team we struggle against. Must admit I am more hopeful than confident for next weeks game. If we do win I think Geelong and, as much as it pains me to say, Collingwood are still a step above everyone else. I think on our day and with a few injured players back we can mix it with anyone else. So my head says prelim is the limit and even this would be a great achievement but stranger things have happened, my heart still says flag.

I think Jack, Hanners and Mummy (and smith if he returns) have the solid attributes that make good finals players and TDL and Jetta are the type of players who have the unknown factor that can turn big games, so even though I think that we will struggle at the real pointy end, any exposure these guys get will be a huge bonus for the future.

Triple B
14th August 2010, 09:11 PM
Our chances of winning next week just improved 5 minutes ago.

Liam Picken a certainty to be cited for striking.

One of our midfielders, probably McVeigh is a lot better off for it.

swansrob
14th August 2010, 09:17 PM
I don't know if it's that big of an "if". The Dogs seem to be going atrociously so far tonight, and we'll be back at the SCG. I know it's been a while since we've beaten them, but it had been a while since we'd beaten Freo (or at least Freo at Subi) too. You would certainly have to think we were a half decent chance to take it to the Dogs next week.
That said, I don't really see us going any further than a Semi Final. I'd love to see us go further, obviously, but I just don't see it.

swans_premiers
14th August 2010, 09:22 PM
IMO If we can get Bradshaw fit and firing by the semis like he was earlier in the season it will go a long long way towards our chances.

Young Blood
14th August 2010, 09:58 PM
IF we win our last two & get a home final, we'd be a good chance of getting through to the next week, but would highly unlikely to win a semi against a top 4 team in Melbourne.

Winning a final would be a very good performance given our squad and the injuries we have copped.

Jewels
15th August 2010, 10:08 AM
IF we win our last two & get a home final, we'd be a good chance of getting through to the next week, but would highly unlikely to win a semi against a top 4 team in Melbourne.

Winning a final would be a very good performance given our squad and the injuries we have copped.

I think we may be a good chance to go as far as the prelim IF we haven't lost McGlynn for the rest of the year.
Getting LRT and Bradshaw back would be a big help also.

Yuri H
15th August 2010, 10:33 AM

Yeah, much as I want to yell "Grand Final, baybeeee!", realistically I have to agree with this. Though I think given the talent that's burbling up through the ranks, we're going to only get stronger the next few years.