PDA

View Full Version : Jude Bolton's Leg Break

laughingnome
22nd August 2010, 02:19 AM
Goal of the year. Bookmark it.

I keep watching it again and again on the AFL.com highlight reel with Roos' reaction. Absolutely priceless.

ugg
22nd August 2010, 02:26 AM
Terrible kick, right result! I still don't know how it changed direction in such an extreme fashion and still go through the goals!

AnnieH
22nd August 2010, 02:30 AM
Terrible kick, right result! I still don't know how it changed direction in such an extreme fashion and still go through the goals!

Because the footy gods spent the night smiling on us.

That bounce was as freaky as. I wonder if it'll be picked as a GOTY.

desredandwhite
22nd August 2010, 02:39 AM
Nah. Wonderful freak goal, but that was it - pretty ordinary kick in the end, and it took a hilariously random bounce for it to turn out the way it did!! :)

GOTY should be for someone who MEANT it :)

Vonsteinman
22nd August 2010, 02:39 AM
Great goal indeed. Not goal of the year IMO, I reckon that award was won earlier in the day by Junior Boy Rioli down in Tassie...

The look on Roosy's face would definitely win Best Reaction of the Year if such an award existed.

dimelb
22nd August 2010, 05:27 AM
Great goal indeed. Not goal of the year IMO, I reckon that award was won earlier in the day by Junior Boy Rioli down in Tassie...

The look on Roosy's face would definitely win Best Reaction of the Year if such an award existed.
Gave new depth to the term "gobsmacked"!

Primmy
22nd August 2010, 08:21 AM
Gave new depth to the term "gobsmacked"!

The look on MY face would have been in contention as Best Reaction as well......multiply that by about 36,000 plus viewers. It was Hilarious!

Dalai Lama
22nd August 2010, 10:29 AM
good use of the seam by the master technician...

Donners
22nd August 2010, 10:38 AM
Geez, I thought he was injured when I saw the thread title...

Swansinger
22nd August 2010, 10:39 AM
Bolton does it = fluke.
Rioli does it = genius.

lwoggardner
22nd August 2010, 10:41 AM
Kirk was in the goal square - the very definition of "ball magnet" last night.

aardvark
22nd August 2010, 10:53 AM
Warnie would have been proud of it.......

Old S.M.Blood
22nd August 2010, 11:39 AM
Practice makes perfect as they say I wonder if he can do it again?:rolleyes:

goswannie14
22nd August 2010, 05:34 PM
I reckon Buddy sewed GOTY up weeks ago with 2 freakish goals one after the other on the run from the wing to the 50 and then putting the ball through on the full.

j s
22nd August 2010, 05:56 PM
James Hird kicked a similar goal some years ago, bounced near the behind post then took the right angle bounce through for a goal.

ScottH
22nd August 2010, 08:57 PM

Was it in the same run up foot marks that Cooney did his hammy??

I missed it, as I turned away to talk thinking it was a behind, only to be told it was a goal. WTF?

goswannie14
22nd August 2010, 09:13 PM
James Hird kicked a similar goal some years ago, bounced near the behind post then took the right angle bounce through for a goal.At least when Mickey O did it against Essendon at Telstra Dome a few years ago, he actually meant to do it.

laughingnome
22nd August 2010, 09:16 PM
I missed it, as I turned away to talk thinking it was a behind, only to be told it was a goal. WTF?

ScottH: As puzzled as Mike Gatting.

BigD
22nd August 2010, 09:30 PM
I was sitting behind the goals at that end and I just could not believe a football could bounce like that.:eek:

ugg
22nd August 2010, 09:36 PM
Was it in the same run up foot marks that Cooney did his hammy??

No, it was the Randwick end, Cooney's was the Paddington end.

swansrob
22nd August 2010, 09:59 PM
Can someone YouTube this, please?

ugg
22nd August 2010, 10:00 PM
Can someone YouTube this, please?

Already done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-en3rE6_7s

LOL @ Dunstall's comment: "that's a woeful goal" with a mixture of incredulity and disgust

swansrob
23rd August 2010, 01:43 AM
Already done

Thanks!
That is amazing!

ScottH
23rd August 2010, 09:08 AM
No, it was the Randwick end, Cooney's was the Paddington end.

Cool, thx Ugg.

ScottH
23rd August 2010, 09:11 AM
Already done

LOL @ Dunstall's comment: "that's a woeful goal" with a mixture of incredulity and disgust

It's amazing how the ball bounces when your up.
Against the Dees, that would've gone out of bounds.

Primmy
23rd August 2010, 09:16 AM
They cut most of that out of the fta transmission, so thanks for upping it. It goes straight to the Pool Room!